Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Wonder if anyone here switched from VT80 to TK6000, or vice versa, to be able to compare the two rackets. I've been using VT80 for Doubles. Will soon lose them to my kid. Wondering what I'd gain/lose with the switch to TK6000. I've been using BG66 UM at 24lb.

Meanwhile, I'd browse through as many pages there are on this thread to learn more.

2. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I switched from vt80 to tk6000 both 4u @27lbs bg80 a few years back. The 6000 is basically just raw power, heavy smashes with a little less accuracy. The vt80 is the better all round racquet esp at higher tensions. I've since changed to a tk9900 iii 3u @27 zy66fire and it's nicer to play with than the 6000 but the head heaviness is more tiring. May have to switch to 4u.

3. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Thanks bazzaman for the feedback on the two. I'd ordered two TK6000 4u, 5g, strung BG66 UM @ 24lb (string type + tension same as I've always used in the last 1+ year with my VT80). These TK6000s were on sale. I'd have to see how inaccurate my shots would become using these, though I certainly welcome the improvement in raw power in my Doubles games.

I guess the inaccuracies are probably because it's more flex?

4. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

VT80 is stiff as hell and not user friendly at all.
    TK6000 U4 is medium stiff, super friendly and perfect for smashes.
    I also used BG 66UM but the racket lost tension surprisingly fast. Next time I going to use higher tension than I use on main BS12, the racket is quite head heavy and flexible, so clears are quite effortless. I think it can compensate inaccuracy.

5. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Yes smashes and clears are absolutely crazy on the tk6000. I know most people dont care about powerful clears, but if you punch clear high enough everytime, your opponent will have a tough time smashing those vertical drops clears.

6. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Punch clears aren't usually associated with vertically dropping. I suppose you're referring to high clears here?

7. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Sorry I didn't mean attacking punch clears. I meant clear much higher than normal which is a breeze with this racquet.

8. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I just dropped 4 hours on the tk6000. I really didn't use it much since I bought it. I've been using mostly the li ning n9ii. I finally decided to give my main racquet a rest and chose to take my tk6000 for a spin. Surprisingly, it performed quite well. Clear, net, and smash were all effortless. Accuracy was not bad either. I guess I just didn't give it enough time in the past. After tonight's session, I'll definitely put more time with the tk6000.

9. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I dropped another 7 hours total on my tk6000, and I'm starting to really like the racquet. I originally bought the racquet after reading Paul Stewart's review, but I never did put in the time to get to know the racquet's capabilities. After spending about 11 hours this week on the racquet, I'm starting to see what Paul was talking about in his review. All his comments on the tk6000, I definitely feel the same way. The tk6000 is really an awesome racquet. It is able to handle: smash, drop, clear, drive, and net, all beautifully and with ease.

I used bg65ti strings at 25lbs, and smashes were insane. I could jump smash all day long, and not once dissatisfy with its power. For a racquet priced at 115usd, it is really an awesome racquet for any serious players to use. I just hope Victor comes out with a tk6000 mkii, and use stronger material on the frame. Overall, it is still a solid build.

#429 Konquerian, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  10. Nate

Nate New Member

anyone selling a tk6000? cant find one anywhere

11. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

12. Nate

Nate New Member

13. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

They do not produce them anymore. But you can try Victor TK Onigiri, it has the same specs.
    Some players say that it is improved TK6000

14. Moravtchik

Moravtchik Regular Member

Project Manager
    Hi all,
    Looking to buy a new/used TK 6000, hopefully in the US.

Anyone tried both the TK 6000 and the Onigiri and can tell me if they're really the same?
    Thanks.

15. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

Is there a current Thruster close to the TK6000 or Onigiri? Head heavy and medium flex. The Ryuga?

Raju likes this.
  16. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Nope. Ryuga is stiff and head heavy like the TK9000. Some shops here in Canada still carry the Onigiri. Onigiri is only 4u or 5u though so if you're looking for 3u then best look at other brands. Yonex Astrox 77 and the older Voltric 70 are similar to the TK6000. Yonex will also be releasing an Astrox 77 pro in October so lookout for that too.

baronspill and Moravtchik like this.
  17. Moravtchik

Project Manager
    Thanks @pootisfoib ,
    I'm looking for 4u so the weight is fine. I was looking for an original voltric 70 or even etune, but they're either hard to find or super expensive.
    Astrox 77 is super expensive. Do you expect the pro to be cheaper?

18. pootisfoib

Nah, 77 pro will be just as expensive, but I expect many 77 will be listed on the secondhand market as there will be people upgrading. Recently here in Canada I've been seeing quite a few 77 being listed. Also, there will be the cheaper 77 Tour and Play models released alongside the 77 Pro.

Moravtchik likes this.
  19. Moravtchik

Project Manager
    The price makes it a non starter. I have it, but realized I don't need to spend $200+ unless my games are televised. Besides not messing up my timing, hitting the frame and not causing me shoulder pain at the end of the game, I just need a decent racket. 3.5/5 stiff and 3.5/5 head heavy. Just a slight feeling as if I'm controlling something in my game and it's not the most average racket.

20. pootisfoib

You could also consider the Astrox 6 and Astrox 7. They're around $120 CAD, but can be found discounted as they're discontinued.