P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu pic:

Vignesh KM likes this.
  2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu pic:

4. Baddie lover

Great to see friendship between the three players.

5. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Xiaomao <3 <3

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Good work by Sindhu changing her game style to cope with Nozomi. Seems to have solved a puzzle for her and the Indian coaches.

badmuse, Airos and Baddie lover like this.
  7. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Congrats to Sindhu for winning the WT finals.
    The trophy was really nice.

Finally an Indian wins the really big trophy.

badmuse likes this.
  8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

9. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Congratulations to Sindhu for the biggest win of her career. I don't think this is her biggest achievement because I think her silver medal at the 2016 OG was a bigger achievement than this. But in terms of winning the whole tournament, this is her biggest final win thus far.

Having said that, when I watched Sindhu's match against TTY, it was a very difficult match for Sindhu to win. It was more or less Sindhu's persistence and determination that pulled her through against TTY. But even during that match, it was clear who the more talented player was and that was TTY.

This is not a knock on Sindhu though. Because even though Carolina Marin has been the most accomplished WS player in this last decade, Carolina Marin isn't as talented as TTY either. The type of shots that TTY is doing is uncommon in WS and TTY's shots are the type of shots that the top MS players do. I saw TTY to a backhand smash from the back court which I almost never see in WS (and which I don't even always see in MS) but the backhand smash was effective and got TTY the point. I see TTY doing a lot of deception that MS usually do and there is much less deception for WS at the top level.

Sindhu's strengths are her height/reach and her smashes. However, there is room for Sindhu to improve if she wants to consistently beat TTY. From a skill and technique perspective, perhaps Sindhu can learn more advanced strokes and techniques that TTY is doing. Also with respect to balance, I think Sindhu has room for improvement too.

I am nitpicking since Sindhu is already a top 4 player in the world and for any WS to get there is extremely difficult. However, I hope that Sindhu can take it to the next level because unless Sindhu enhances her game, she will always struggle against a player like TTY.

Saru, mohans and Baddie lover like this.
  10. Baddie lover

Agree with your analysis on both the players. I find sindhu's drop shots not that effective just like SN. I also noticed PVS tends to smash less than earlier times. She now plays a very patient game as seen in all the matches here in WTF.

Before WTF started , my mind said she won't progress beyond group stage like SV owing to not so impressive year (in terms of winning tournaments) but I was happy I was proven wrong by both players

I just hope as Olympic cycle is starting next year. Sindhu and Saina along with KS and SV start becoming consistent and bring laurels for India.

Saru, mohans and galaxyduo like this.
  11. upriser

upriser Regular Member

How come Sindhu is so super inconsistent in SuperSeries but then suddenly looks good in major tournaments (like World Championship, Olympics, WTF, Asian Games, All England Open)? She has reached final in 6 out of 9 major tournaments & SF in 8 out of 9 major tournaments since 2016 Rio. Is it that she puts in extra effort during the major tournaments or does she experiment & tries out different stuff during SuperSeries & Grandprix tournaments?

12. Baddie lover

People tend to have more pressure during major events but I think that's the opposite case for Sindhu (except final hurdle). Maybe a mental blockade thing in SS/major final. She gets very relaxed or I may say lack in focus during SS rounds and gets beaten by any top 20 player. She lacks a killer instinct which top players should have.

But then again, she performs well in major events. Now that she has won in the final, she should gain a considerable level of confidence. Also the pressure of one and a half billion Indians' expectations are there which may get to her in finals as she is always the first from her country to reach new heights in badminton.

Gopi and other Indian coaches are surelyworking on Sindhu so maybe we'll see her improvement in SS/major tournaments from next year.

13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu thoughts:

15. lurker

lurker Regular Member

16. Baddyforall

Sindhu has become the first indian woman to co-pilot in indian made fighter Aircraft Tejas.

17. Baddie lover

18. Baddyforall

Nice article. I read it and thought of posting it. You are ahead of me

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Pusarla is not doing well this year. Most of the foreign coaches have gone elsewhere.