Koo/Tan down to Japanese pair

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kedahan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. leeyco78

leeyco78 Regular Member

Film Producer/Editor
    Haha, everyone almost died in the stadium just now! It was certainly an exhilarating moment and a close affair, but our pair was rather rusty in their game, to even play an unknown Japanese pair.

As I was also watching the court, I just thought our pair was really below par as compared to the Koreans (JJS/LYD) Chinese players (GZD/XZB). Their game is just so straight forward. There aren't any push & jabs in their defense. Most of the time when they were under attacked they just keep lifting up the shuttle and most of the time were half courts, and they play such a lame game while the Koreans & Chinese on the other court were pushing back the smashes frm each other and were much faster in countering their attack with solid defenses. This is definitely a lower quality of game as compared to all the other MD matches. I was just wondering they will be whitewash badly if they would have to face the Koreans with the quality of the game they playing.

Our pair certainly couldn't handle the pressure well. TBH is still so young and looks naive in a way. I personally think he is those type who doesn't like that much of attention and enjoy his game dearly. He was so tensed in the entire game. Maybe the Malaysian crowd wouldn't suit his style. Well, he certainly need to learn how to curb that. Actually even Hai Feng was playing rather badly towards end till beginning of this yr. And he bucked up and learned it so soon. I hope KKK & TBH will learn from this. :) That's my 1 cent point of view. :p

2. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

it really sad that they've lost T_T
    i already lost my appetite
    but, the japanese really gave a great fight
    they never surrender (i adore them)
    koo-tan will rocking the olympic game
    (hopefully)
    let's cheer for our chong tan fook n lee wan wah
    they beat the top seed n world no 1

3. dreamloverhsy

dreamloverhsy Regular Member

student
    till the last point i didnt even dare to look at the court. i was using the Yonex ballon to cover my eyes... but eventually i got open a bit to look....:p
    Have to agree with u.... they have a lot more to learn!!!

Well... i tot it will be a great birthday gift to see them cruise into the semis but juz too bad....

i think tan fook and wan wah loves the support from the crowd.... but tbh still need time to get use to it. tan fook and wan wah really have to play well later... i think i have to bring in more water tomolo....

4. leeyco78

leeyco78 Regular Member

Film Producer/Editor
    yes! TF/WW likes to play with the crowd. In this year Sg Open there have been a huge support from the crowd and they entered final, nearly won the match also.
    Unfortunately I will not able to make it tomorrow although I have 2 free passes. :mad:

5. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    this WC series is all screwed up, alot of the players that are expected to get far lose?! wth this better not be like NBA and fake badminton matches -.-

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, one consolation is that come early September 2007, Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong will replace Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun as the World No 1.

7. ixory

ixory Regular Member

I was watching their matched yesterday.It quite tense.kkk/tbh done lot of mistakes in 1st and 3rd set.If i have heart attack i might die watching the matched.But credit should go to japanese pair they done really well.Yes,honestly i'm a little bit disspointed with KKK/TBH,i'm even speechless when they lost but that doesn't mean the end of the road for them.I believe this will tought them a good lesson and i believe they will play much better after this.Bashing them is just a waste,they still need our support.Ask rexy to resign is childish.After helping our MD to won so many title this year,you wan't him to quit,what a fan are we???I still want him to be in MAS squad.He already make a huge impact on our MD.I believe MAS MD will be more better after this.

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    Park jo bong's magic hands work in japan not in malaysia :)

9. MSHSBadmPlayer

MSHSBadmPlayer Regular Member

those people who wants rexy to quit and coach better players are childish.

what for?

if thats the case, might as well go china and coach LD CJ CY BCL or even the team 2 players? they are better players as you call it. then china will really dominate this sport.

10. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

Are they still going to be world no.1 at the end of the tournament? I thought KKK/TBH had to go one round further than CY/FHF in order to take their place as no.1? And besides, them being ranked best in the world while not having delivered good results does not mean much..........

11. taufik-ist

it administrator
    rexy is a religious man, he always goes to a church every week

12. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    yea i will smack the **** out of that person cause it is rude and i cannot tolerate this kind of behaviour.If he thinks he is so good plus show that he can be as good as TBH... then i will give him some respect...he thinks it is easy....:(:(:(:(

13. Titan

Titan Regular Member

at least now I know how the chinese fan felt when cai yun/hai feng lost to ctf/lww...frustrated...but the japanese played well and they really wanted it and never give up...ikeda broke down to tears after the final point just shows how much they really wanted to win...congratulations to them...

14. kilod

kilod Regular Member

student
    dont blame anyone..rexy,kkk or tbh..myb dis WC is not their luck..as a fan and one of the spectators, i think they played very well just luck is not oh their side..dont ask rexy to resign coz he coached malaysian pair so well untill we won da AE n ASIA..evryone made a mistake..for kkk n tbh keep up a good work until u win again n again..its a pleasure for me to watch ur gane yesterday eventhough u lost...doesn't mean u lost today u lost forever..take dis as a lesson for u to gain da experience..in fact they r still young n have much more time to excel..dont worry we as ur fan will always support u either u win or lost..for those who r immature pls think carefully n put urself in thier situation ok....chiayo kkk n tbh...n also rexy......

15. thiery

thiery Regular Member

they still have a bright future ahead. everyone is dissapointed especially KKK/TBH. maybe it's not a good thing to have a WC organised in Malaysia. Just too much expectations and the crowds can either be a good thing or the other way round. home the crowds can do wonder to LWW/CTF.

16. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    aiyo, so touching! :crying:

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i was praying for them :D :D

18. WeltMeister

WeltMeister New Member

The malaysian pair esp TBH looks very nervous in the end of the 3rd set...
    Anyway the Japanese deserve it... they played quite well + a lil bit of luck...
    Hopefully the Japanese pair will advance to the final ... but they not gonna win it bcoz CTF/LWW will beat them!!

19. taufik-ist

it administrator
    tbh looked very 'cold', to much tenses , they should be like this :
    [​IMG]
    enjoy every winning points :)

20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

its hard to play under pressure, i know it because i feel it as well while playing. im sure many other people in BC feel it as well. i dont think they were outplayed strategically nor technique-wise. at the international level, the mental strength counts a lot esp in difficult moments like 23-22.