Koo/Tan down to Japanese pair

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kedahan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    What an idiot ! darien , you should stick your head up you know what

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    they have already won some prestigous tournaments (AG 206 and AE 2007) and some superseries, how come they can't still handled the pressure :rolleyes:

3. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    yesterday i was in the stadium, boon heong really done a lot of mistake by beat the shuttle to the net.. the japanese pair really superb with their attacking and drive play but wat i can say is koo-tan din hold tight their chance when they have it to win the match.. anyway, it is an very interesting match...:(

4. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Wow... furious ain't you ?

Cool down.... :cool:

Its really one of those days for Boon Heong where nothing seems to work. Net play not happening, retrieving not happening... after a while he lost his confidence and started to doubt himself, thus all the great shots that he normally can execute couldn't be played. And because of how he was not coping, KK tried to cover him and both ended up going for the same shot... And of course the Japanese players exploited the situation by targeting Boon Heong !

Still, they displayed great fighting spirit to come back from 15 all and one game down in the second set and played on in the rubber. We have seen this happening to many of our other players. They NEVER got back. But it's really one of those days for Boon Heong and I'm sure he feels really bad now. Probably the pressure to deliver really got into him.

Anyway, I'd like to summarize my opinion of this duo... we shall see alot of them in the future and they shall be at the pinnacle at most times, unless their heads decided to be screwed up the other way. All the best, boys !

5. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

I don't think anyone here can offer any easy answers. .....in this tournament there were simply too many upsets.... I simply can't recall any other tournaments where so many top players lost before the semis...Cai Yun/FHF lost, Taufik lost, Chen Jin lost, Peter Gade lost, LCW lost, XXF lost, who else??? All I can say is that their opponents were in top form on that day, congrats to all of them.....

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

All your predictions have gone down in flames... hard luck this time round aye :eek:

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Easy come easy go. No one is perfect expecially when so many factors/circumstances can come into play on the day -- e.g. CAI-FU lost when they were in front.

In any case, I got a big kick out of this. I met Loh, HCYONG and friends -- bought them lunch (they told me they would have taken me to a more expensive restaurant if they knew I was buying). :)

8. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian

Upsets like these is acctually good for the game. We all would get fedup with the same faces all the time. Remember Michael in F1? But all in all it have been so much fun to watch.

9. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian

Hey, i understand what you are geting at, it is not ment in a bad way, if i was rexy i may not only resign but maybe shootmyself on the foot too!!!! hehehehehe just kidding. I feel more sad for rexy then i do for KKK/TBH. But the big picture: REXY U ROCK DUDE.

It may all end for this event but there will be a next time and lets not waste time sitting on our backsides wondering what went wrong after falling off the horse, go get back on the horse and ride!! Come on boys, be brave, FIGHT. This is not a failure, giving up is. There is no shame in your defeats.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    For those who think that Rexy should resign due to the results, please do so... And ask Misbun and Yap to resign too... Why stop there, get all the Malaysian coaching staff to resign because there are no MAS representative in the finals tomorrow...

...but those mass resignations/firings will destroy MAS badminton very quickly...

11. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Maybe its a good things if MAS badminton destroyed. It will be less time spending time on ASTRO and on BC. Time can well spend on other productive matters :D :D :D ......................................... and the players of course can then play with less pressure and when winning in the QF is considered a very good things ... :D :D :D

:crying: :crying: :crying:

12. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Reflections on the World Championships - My Two Cents

Maybe the title - World Championships - have put some players in awe. But all in all, my conclusion is :- It's tough to become a world champion, especially if one has come in to the tournament in top form or is the favourite to win in any particular match; we need not name the names here:p

I suppose we really have to salute those who can take the title, especially those who are the top seeds, because the expectations on oneself and others on you are really high, and that - will put unnecessary pressure on oneself.

So the Champions are those who can withstand the pressure, in and out, fit during the tournament, on form, and with a little bit of luck. Which is why I think it's more difficult to win when you're top seed rather than the underdog.

As for the Malaysian players, this tournament has shown some of your true colours, a fighter or not.... and I'd like to say that we still have some fighters in the midst, esp. KKK/TBH. May they scale greater heights. As for the others, until and unless you show your pedigree, you're only and always will be just a run in. Champions are made of tougher material. Like Lin Dan. Period.

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Agree. Fighters like WMC, CTF/LWW still bring much to cheer to the Malaysian camp, upsetting the world champs is no easy feat. And also KKK demonstrating his fighting qualities during the QF, when nth went right in the game, he just kept fighting on and gave it all. As for TBH, is a painful but good experience in this WC but im optimistic the boy will learn fast & show his true abilities.
    As for LCW, a word to describe - disappointed. No sportsmanship displayed on and off court. Is he ever gonna grow up?

#113 zqloy, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  14. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i was sad when LCW lost and more sad when KKK/TBH lost.

I then tell myself,

"It's Okay, We are used to Losing!"

and i am now happier!

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    I just tell myself that they will improve and have time to mature (for KKK/TBH of course).Plus they have a terrific coach.I kinda feel better now after CTF/LWW lost.

16. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian

Hahahahaha, i do that too!!!:D

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Never mind la, at least they won the PO.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

More importantly they won the ALL-England !:D

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes Malaysia Boleh!! Just like Hafiz Hashim, he too won the All England!

Ok now, all together now M-A-L-A-Y-S-I-A B-O-L-E-H

Since we cant win with home ground advantage, lets aim for the Olympic Gold next year. The WC in KL put too much pressure on our beloved lovely players, Yap Kim Hock too harsh, weather too hot etc etc etc.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I say the Msian government should give lands to KKK/TBH for winning the PO this year.