Koo/Tan down to Japanese pair

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kedahan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Good suggestion, maybe they lost because of that ?:D

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Giving them lands maybe not enough. How about cars as well? ;)

The problem with Malaysian badminton is that we dont reward our players enough.

3. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

yeah.... true. less reward. pity for them.

4. kgsw1234

kgsw1234 Regular Member

players over confident that's why lost..i saw kkk signing autographs and taking pictures, inhaling second hand smoke mingling with the crowd before the game while the japanese were on "zen" mode before the game...if want to sign autographs, take pictures, eat kfc, smoke, etc etc etc...can do AFTER the game and NOT before the game....how to win like that???

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Careful dude, you may get blasted for such comments. ;)

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    跌倒了要抓把沙

Rexy has done his jobs and whatever happened on the court was beyond his control. KKK/TBH & CTF/LWW should've won their QF & SF encouters respectively. Our players should be blamed for the losses for not being able to capitalise some crucial points. TBS/OSH & Zakry/Fairuz are just not ready for the big tournaments like WC.

Losing is painful but not frightening, learning from the loss and taking corrective actions in order not to repeat the same mistakes are essential ahead of Olympic. Crying over the spilt is useless at this moment, get on with life!

"When we fall, remember to grab a handful of sand", advised by China Former World Champion Han Jian.

#126 robin7, Aug 20, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  7. kgsw1234

kgsw1234 Regular Member

i know i might get blasted for my comments..but then those comments are true..as athletes, one must at least adhere to certain criteria...what they do outside tournaments or training etc etc are private matters and none of anyone's business..but to do those things during a major tournament like this is really really bad...if u look at the other countries players i.e. chinese, indo, and japs..u couldnt really find them walking around..the japs were really really focused during the game..

8. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

yah,i was in the stadium,at d vip plc, jst next to kien kiat & boon heong`s fathers.. waaaaa... we wr sad bt anyway, tough game..except that d frst game ws such a waste,kien kiat n boon heong should hv nailed it la..huhu

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I will absolutely disagree with rewarding the players.. dont't forget the downfall after TC'92.. ALL the member of that famous team got lands, cars, cash as rewards.. What did they ever produce after that? NOTHING !
    Look at LD & FHY/CY, they never get any great rewards in CHINA. But they keeps on getting more remarkable results at World's stages!
    KKK/TBH having a major flop after their famous AE virtory, interviews from the media. Cash rewards from their respective states governement.. That doesn't help them to have more desire to win in this WC'07 !

10. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    My turn to give my own opinion. It's not really that KKK/TBH played that bad, although we did see that TBH really screwed up during the last few points which could have made them won the game if he had played properly. Disappointing, huh!! However, the Japs were impressive too!! You could see how much effort they have put into saving so many smashes from TBH/KKK. During the last few match points when the Japs screwed up a bit, you could really see how disappointed Ikeda was. He was full of energy, and was even emotional when they won the match. I really salute the Japs for their effort, tho' it's still sad to see KKK/TBH losing. In the first set, KKK/TBH lost rather easilly, maybe they were underestimating the Japs, but when it came to the second and rubber sets, the game started to become interesting, both sides trying their BEST!! It was really worth watching, I think I would not have survived if I have heart problem ;P Really want to see the Japs in action. Once again, I salute Ikeda-Sakamoto!!

11. kgsw1234

kgsw1234 Regular Member

if kkk/tbh won the first set..then the japs would have left for home..but letting them win with such a big difference really gave them tons of confidence..with confidence, anything can happen..i agree that kkk/tbh played well but they could have finished the jap pair easily..if u looked at ikeda playing the koreans..really no fight at all...

12. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

I figure Park Ju Bong(Japan coach) must have analyzed how KKK/TBH played since they are 2nd ranked pair. And must somehow know their weakness thru studies of videos and counter their tactics. It's up to the players to apply what they know on court.... adapt....and survived. :(

Yeah, the expectations are too high when Rexy wish that all four MAS pairs make it to the semis. Hopefully TBH/KKK bounced back in a big way. They are just too talented not to. :)

KKK seems to have a winner attitude, whereas TBH is really affected by his mood. Good thing is TBH is still young and learning how to win consistently.
    They just need to stick to their attacking game and not let the opponents do it to them. When they do, they will win easily.

13. Ching293

Ching293 Regular Member

rexy said quiet tbh change a lot rite.. had gone noisy..

14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    he said from quite tbh become noisy tbh... guess what he's driving at is that tbh has become unfocused.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    PJB out-coached Rexy??? Or is it TBH lost his nerve being on the big stage playing at home in MAS and succumbed to pressure...I heard the 3rd game, TBH/KKK were leading and lost it...TBH is only 21, remember LD lost in first round of OLY04, at around the same age and ranked #1 at that time...if a player lost his nerve, no amount of coaching can help, he has lost the game before the game even starts, cos the level of skill at the top level is so close between players...losing nerve can break a game apart.
    Hey, we are not talking about me playing XBall (on another thread, XBall wanna plays 1st single at BC members game, so I reckon he must a top notch player, hahaha!!!) therefore if XBall plays limping, he can still beat me...hahah!!!

16. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

TBH is not even 20 to be precise.

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Thx for correction.

18. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Err how old is Liliyana Natsir then ? I thought she is only 21 and already 2 world titles.

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yes, Lilyana is same age as Koo. First world title in 2005 at Anaheim when she was TBH's age (19-20).

20. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    lilyana was born in 1985