APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

Nope your not the only one, i do feel a little slow on the defense side. However, I got used to it so its not too bad but if your comparing to other light rackets then it is not too great.

2. nirmal007

nirmal007 New Member

Anybody in group tried vanguard ll. ?

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Nope. never tried it

4. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

I've had my Apacs Lethal Light Power for some time now and it's gone through a few restrings and grip setups. Currently my racket is at 23lbs with BG65Ti string, I've used 25lbs tension in the past but that just seemed too much as I had trouble with full court clears. I like to apply overgrip to my rackets, covering it with 50% but the Apacs was too small so I had to add another piece of overgrip beneath it with 0% overlap to make it the size similar to all my other rackets. This would affect the balance point and weight of the racket slightly. The setup brings it to a wet weight of 91g with string and overgrips.

This racket is quite expensive compared to other Apacs rackets but certainly not the most expensive one. The paint job is quite noticeably better though, even the fonts are nicer than other Apacs rackets I've seen and it's still in like new condition after some clashes. The frame is very durable for a racket of this weight (supposedly 77g dry weight), it's gone through a few clashes that broke my opponents rackets but left with no visible damage. It excels in the front part of the court but in the back part of the court it is difficult to generate good power. I feel that when playing the shaft feels slightly closer towards stiff rather than medium which is what it is rated.

I would highly recommend using 1 or 2lbs less tension for this racket compared to what you would nomally use on a 3U or 4U racket.

5. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    Just a quick question here :) I am getting a new racquet, an Apacs Featherweight 300, which is 75 grams, coming from an 85 gram or so racquet. I know the Apacs is Head-heavy, and the one I am using now is very head light (around 260-270mm). I am getting good power out of this racquet ( I have a fast swing), and I am wondering if the lightness of the FW 300 will hamper me. I use BG 80 at 25 lbs. Kinda off-topic, but by how much does BG 80 drop in tension over over the period of a month or two? Will it be difficult for me to transition over? Most importantly, can I use the FW for singles? I don't need a heavy racquet, as again, it is not my thing, nor does it give me more power; it hampers me in the way of slowing my swing down.

6. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm a Apacs Lethal Light Power user too, been using it for almost 2 years before switching to my current Victor BS12.

I also do find that this Apacs racket is rather tough and durable, went through multiple clashes and survive. It works wonderfully from front & mid court but to send the shuttle to back court will require some effort to it. Other than this, it's a wonderful and nice racket to use.

7. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Is there an Apacs racket model similar to the YY ArcSaber 11 racket? Thanks.

8. isaac225

isaac225 Regular Member

student
    anyone here want to sell lethal 7??

9. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

anyone here can comment between apacs ziggle LHi and arc11?
    because i want to buy a spare racquet.
    Is it apacs ziggle LHI is for all around or smash? Thanks

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Hi apac fans, anybody can give recommendation on apaca racket rivalling Victor JetSpeed 10 and Brave Sword 12. The apacs AV Performance 4U is not bad.. it is the recent Apacs I bought but i would like 4U close to 3U spec that is as fast as BS12 or JS 10 mainly for playing doubles in defence, placement and power. I feel wanting more.... not yet sure to commit to buy JS 10.

#5810 indrg, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  11. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

From the look at the specs, it is close to YY Z Force 2. With slightly head heavy and 88g weight, I would say that it is good for smash and singles.

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I have the LHI and it is good for smashing. Better then AVP and Tantrum 300. Not as stiff as the Yonex, so it is much easier to use. Accurate in drops and drives. Being head heavy it is a bit slower on the defence. Don't know about the Victor racket though.

13. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Hi guys,
    Newbie in this forum. I currently have Virtuoso Pro as my 2nd racket and I would like to ask Apacs sifus over here what is the nice apacs racket for double. I need the speed and the punch when smashing.

Thanks for the reply.

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

You should have picked Virtuoso Performance instead.

15. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

Just placed order for 2x Ziggler (white colour version)...... cant wait to get them in. Its my first venture into Apacs rackets... have traditionally been a Yonex person but after breaking a VTZF II in a doubles game through an over ambitious doubles partner coming from behind, I thought there had to be a cheaper way. Got the two rackets for half the price of the VTZF II and also the Ziggler specified to 38lbs..? Not that I would go that high in tenstion but what is the difference in construction that allows such high tensions..?

16. Luciole

Luciole Regular Member

Anybody here tried the z ziggler lhi or know where to find a good review?

17. Morbidsm

Morbidsm Regular Member

Hi folks, joining late to the party.
    I recently acquired a Lethal 100 which is 2U and 285+-3mm balance.
    Initially I thought it would be tough handling the weight.
    To my surprise, my 4U Voltric ZForce Ltd feels more difficult to handle.
    Is it because of the balance?
    I'm quite confused because different source says different things on the racket's balance.
    I believe this is even-balanced racket.
    Anyone care to sell their info/experience on this racket?

18. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I used to have the lethal 100. The ease to handle has to do with the stiffness of the shaft. Didn't like the lethal 100 though. Found it hard to get max power out of the smashes. And too heavy for doubles.

19. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I tried to look for reviews but no luck. But I went ahead and got it anyway. It's a good racket. Solid. Very good power. Compact racket head, slim shaft, 76 grommet system like the voltric zf2. Much easier to use and less likely to get shoulder n wrist injuries. Great for singles. Not bad for doubles if you're a power player. A very good racket overall. Recommended.

20. Luciole

Luciole Regular Member

Ok thanks, how the balance point is? I heard that is more head heavier than a N80, it's true?