APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. youthchean

youthchean Regular Member

Bg66 @ 27#29, bg85 out of color lolz.

Currently waiting for my stringer to restock,back to my amp95 and one thing i realised is...i love my amp95 haha!

2. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Just got some Lethal 60 rackets myself. Can I ask you what your paintjob is like?
    I am not sure if this is a general Apacs issue or if it is just Lethal 60 or if mine may be fake somehow.
    Anyway, on my rackets the quality of the pattern and text on the rackets are pretty poor. I don't mean that they look like they will come of easily, I just mean that they are not very straight and some of the things have some damage to the "stickers" underneath the lacker.
    For example the Power P-F frame on the inside rim of the racket head is crooked. And the lines down the shaft are not straight and are not centered on the shaft completely. These images are not from my racket, but it is someone elses Apacs where you can clearly see the waves in the supposedly straight lines.
    http://img171.imageshack.us/i/06082009129.jpg/
    http://img13.imageshack.us/i/06082009128.jpg/

The "super brands Malaysia's choice" logo is also a bit blurry, and are two different colour on my two rackets. The two rackets have different wight rating (4U and 3U) so perhaps they are from different factories. Also the APACS logo on the cone seems very poorly done. It doesn't really fit within the grooves around it.
    Can anyone tell me if these are normal variations for Apacs or have I gotten two racquets that did not pass the quality assurance (or are they perhaps even fake)?

3. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Just got two Lethal 60 too. I have a question about the quality of the paint job on your racket and other Apacs rackets since it seems pretty poor on mine. I don't mean that it looks like it will get easily chipped, it is just that it is poorly done. The "stickers" under the lacker look damaged in some points and are poorly applied.

For example the 'power p-f frame' on the inner rim of the racket head is crooked. the text and lines on the shaft are not straight and not really centered on the racket. These pictures are not from my racket but from someone elses Apacs but you can clearly see that the lines are like waves.
    http://img171.imageshack.us/i/06082009129.jpg/
    http://img13.imageshack.us/i/06082009128.jpg/

The 'superbrands Malaysia's choice" logo is a bit blurry and also different colour on my two rackets (one racket is 3U and one is 4U so maybe they are from different factories). Also, the Apacs logo on the cone is very poor and looks like it does not fit properly in the grooves around it.

I am wondering are these things normal for Apacs rackets or have I been given some rackets which did not pass quality assurance (or perhaps are they even fake)? Please let me know if any of you poeple als have rackets with poorly aligned "stickers".

4. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Just got two Lethal 60 too. I have a question about the quality of the paint job on your racket and other Apacs rackets since it seems pretty poor on mine. I don't mean that it looks like it will get easily chipped, it is just that it is poorly done. The "stickers" under the lacker look damaged in some points and are poorly applied.

For example the 'power p-f frame' on the inner rim of the racket head is crooked. the text and lines on the shaft are not straight and not really centered on the racket. These pictures are not from my racket but from someone elses Apacs but you can clearly see that the lines are like waves.
    h**p://img171.imageshack.us/i/06082009129.jpg/
    h**p://img13.imageshack.us/i/06082009128.jpg/

The 'superbrands Malaysia's choice" logo is a bit blurry and also different colour on my two rackets (one racket is 3U and one is 4U so maybe they are from different factories). Also, the Apacs logo on the cone is very poor and looks like it does not fit properly in the grooves around it.

I am wondering are these things normal for Apacs rackets or have I been given some rackets which did not pass quality assurance (or perhaps are they even fake)? Please let me know if any of you poeple als have rackets with poorly aligned "stickers".

5. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Aaargghh!! My messages first disappeared after I posted them so I posted them again (I thought that I wasn't allowed to post a link or something). Now they have come back. Can a moderator please remove two of my previous posts and also this one?

6. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    Is there such thing as fake Apacs? Gosh, don't make me worry. I just bought Tantrum 200 and Lethal 60.

7. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    hi

where did u buy ur racket mate if u dnt mind? is itfrom the guy from ebay called rac***spo**?

8. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    Does he sell legit racket? Because his info about the Lethal 60 are wrong.

9. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Yes! :)

From all prior accounts he supposedly sell genuine rackets! I have heard before that the specs of Apacs rackets often vary quite a bit between rackets of the same model. My two Lethal 60 rackets are certainly quite different (haven't had a chance to play with them yet though). Also, the racket which says 4U has the same 87.5g marking on the shaft as the 3U racket. They seem to weigh very similar (91-92g with strings) although my scale is not super accurate, but I noticed the balance point is quite different between them.
    The serial numbers are very different on the two so perhaps they are from different factories or something. Does anyone know how to decode the serial number like the Yonex rackets?

#1949 IngvarC, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  10. youthchean

Dont worry too much,i bought mine from a reputable racket shop AJ mart.
    According to the boss,their paintjob and weight different because some parts of the racket are actually completed by hand,such as finishin and grinding(not sure the exact word for it).
    Yes my superbrand malaysia and the lines are abit off standard too,but still look sexy overall.

11. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Good to hear! Can anyone else also confirm that their Apacs racket (from genuine source) has some variations to the paint job?

12. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    hi

just as i thought.

13. youthchean

Just restrung my lethal 60 with bg66 #26,24 digital.

Outcome,totally in love with it.previously i strung it at the same tension as my amp95,which is very hard to use due to stiffer shaft.everything gone hair wired as im tryin very hard to flex it n neglected my pronation n etc. Tis time with lower tension,im able to smash the birdie hard significantly.i guess the double shaft system really works but u have to get your body kinetics n pronation right in order to benefits from the "30% more power transfer" to birdie.

14. firearc

firearc Regular Member

How does the Visible Hollow 1800 compare to Tantrum 200 in speed and power? Where can I get Tantrum 200 for cheap online?

15. okieoutie

okieoutie Regular Member

IT
    ebay. just search for Tantrum 200

16. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad

My only question is why you claim to have bought 2 Lethal 60 but the picture in the link shows Lethal 50? :eek: Just an observation.

17. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    @firearc
    where r u from? if indonesia you can get one from kedaiangkasa.com :) becareful with ebay seller R******_S****** cos there has been many complaints going on.. i have vh1800 and it is a very good racket for attacking but pretty heavy.. :)

18. keong2

keong2 Regular Member

manager
    vh1800 is 3u, so its racket head is heavy. apacs is priced the cheapest in malaysia than other countries of its origin. so, if i were to buy one, i will get a malaysian friend from this forum and pay for the shipping.

19. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

As I pointed out:

I just didn't have any pictures of my own rackets but since I could see that someone else's Lethal 50 had similar variations, I used those pictures to show what I meant.

20. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad
    Missed out that. LOL. Must be going out of my mind.