Are you really sorry when you hit someone?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by nickuku, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Spot on, exactly what most of us would do

2. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

I feel bad, no matter how deserving the opponent is. Usually after I done a shot like that, *I always (99% of the time :eek: ) mess up my next shot*..Not intentionally but somehow those kind of shots does psych me out.

Oh..and when I am at the receiving end of these kind of shots, *the same applied..* (Wood22chuck...where is my 10++ course dinner???? :rolleyes: Hahahaa...)

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I'm still keeping the 10+ pieces of salted peanuts and water for ya, wwcbro!

-dave

4. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

LOL...HAHAAA.....very funny.

5. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I have a habit of smashing at whatever is moving even when i'm trying to aim for elsewhere. I'm actually truly sorry because most people tend to not like playing against someone who fires off a lot of head shots. I think I accidentally hit one girl twice in the nose, right between the eyes, twice in one game. She didn't want to play against me again after that. :(

6. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    I have not seen you try to hit people purposely on court except for Frank, you always seem more pumped when playing against him and whenever you get the chance to kill the netshot, it seems like you are trying to murder Frank.

7. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    against ppl I dunno... yes
    against friends... not realli :D
    it then depends on how serious the game is. If it's just a lotta horsing around then no one will care... but if it were a serious games (ie in a tourney) then yah... i'll still say sorry with a serious face... but they know I'm thinking "YES! Nailed em!" XD

8. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    usually i put up my racket, but that's more or less all - i would rather hit it onto the flour than hit it onto them, but sometimes that's not an option. it's a mutual agreement, right? you accept that risk by playing too.

9. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    Man...I certainly don't want to be friends with you..hahah... hitting your friends you really mean it huh? Wonder what "friend" actually mean to you? ;)

10. frendies

frendies Regular Member

medical
    Yep, always apologize if you hit somebody. Most people I play with don't aim at hitting people. However, I played a few times against this (very skilled) guy... I kept being hit and he would apologize. But I knew he aimed at me on purpose. They were quite frustrating games. :eek:

I guess apologies are sometimes meaningless but its more acceptable than jumping of joy when you hit someone, don't you think? I might bring the roof down on your head :D

11. alzgodemort

alzgodemort Regular Member

student
    No, I think I do it quite often, not that i want to hurt them, just that a smash/kill to the body is really hard to defend.

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    The Karma Gods strike again:D! Especially when I feel really guilty about it, I would definitely screw up my next shot unintentionally... most of the time is the service shot:(.

13. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    That's quite a valid tactic. Smash is harder to defend when one is moving. That's the first thing I learnt when I played against advance players. Move back fast or learn to pray harder:D.

14. wiers289

wiers289 Regular Member

mechanic
    My tree-line went down a little, in other words I'm starting to get bold. I've noticed that my opponents start to use my sweaty, shiny head for target practice. They do say sorry but I have my doubts ;)

15. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Well, if you got a shiny head, the shuttle prob dont hit ya, just slides off the top...so, a GOOD point for being bold :)

16. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    no

when i hit someone, i usually say sorry, but dont normally mean it. if im playin against another skool, then i would prolly never mean it. but if its against a friend then i would mean it more. during games, if i hit someone, i try to hit them again and again just for fun. :D
    it may seem mean, but thats all part of the game.

17. kong-19

kong-19 Regular Member

casual worker and stringer
    I hit the opponents fairly often. Not light though, because of their
    silly high drops close to the net.
    To the nuisance opponents, I don`t say anything but keep smiling
    in the heart. For others I would apologize and ask if that shot have
    hurt them.

18. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

if a player is very good, he/she won't get hit. if they suck, they will. therefore, people who gets hit deserves it... unless their partner set them up...
    then that would be the partner's fault cuz the partner sucks... hahaha
    bottom line: if you don't like to get hit in doubles, play with someone who is really good and play against people who really suck...
    if you play singles and you get hit, you just suck... hahahahahahaha
    :p
    in any case, if you hit someone, always apologize... even if you are laughing while you are... hahahaha

19. teddy

teddy Regular Member

I hardly hit someone on the body as the main point of smashing is really to hit the floor isn't it? ;)
    But ocassionally i meet opponents who really piss me off, like someone who hits my partner on the most important part in the shorts and laughs it off obscenely. :rolleyes: At heated times, like when i meet people like those, i would try to whack their body (which normally ends up being out as they dodge them :mad: )

Oh, but otherwise i would apologize and really mean it sincerely.

20. carlol

carlol Regular Member

entreprenuer
    getting hit is part of the game. if you dont wanna get hit, take up chess or checkers, or maybe even snakes and ladders :p

anyway, if i hit somebody, i look at him and hold up my hand to acknowledge that there wasnt any malice involved, twas just part of the game. If i hit a girl, i do the same but add saying sorry out loud.

Now... if i really hate that person's guts... i wouldnt mind hitting him... after i do, id go on with the game as if nothing happened and smile bright and wide deep inside.

Like the guys in the previous posts... the person to apologize should be the idiot partner who gave away the easy smashable shot. I try to make it a pt to apologize everytime my partner gets hit because of my stupidity. :)