Badminton: Misbun fears Taufik more than Lin Dan

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ixory, Jul 29, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Because LD won't make it to the finals....

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

X Ball, he is only badminto_expert (whatever this game is) but you are the badminton expert. Don't concede your status!:D

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Is this an original? If so, you are quite a sage. How about coding it ,like give it a shorthand?We have so many posts of not letting go of past glories in spite of present realities.It 'll be good for you to respond with a signature stamp and we understand it instantly.
    I can respect past glories but if we don't appreciate progress in the present, then how far can badminton go forward?

4. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner

I don't see any of you say the same thing when it comes to LYB(being so called "arrogant") whom I may add has accomplished much more than Misbun.:rolleyes:

5. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    It's funny how instead of responding to my second post(#28), which I added my reasoning as to why I refer Misbun's opinion as full of crap, you attack my first post. That's the spirit!!! :cool:

Here... my turn of a low blow:p
    The best choice of word you use here really is "dethrone LCW" though... I don't think neither LD or TH(or anybody for that matter) can dethrone LCW, when LCW has never been "Throned" so to speak. LOL...:D

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Regardless how much we love Lee Chong Wei, we have to be aware that he has yet to win any big events like All England, Olympic, World Championship or even Asian Games.(Most of the Malaysian players have not achieve that but we keep on saying how great they are, quite inappropriate) The only advantage LCW has in this WC is playing at home while he's back to his prime. On the contrary, Taufik and Lin Dan have won the big events so they've an edge. I have to say for LCW to win, he has to have a favorable draw avoiding Taufik else Lin Dan shall prevail.
    If Chong Wei emerge as winner despite tough draw then he will be a true champion in my opinion. LCW is an excellent player who has yet to achieve greatness and lets hope he fulfill our dream this time. Malaysia Boleh!

wood_22_chuck likes this.
  7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Even if he didnt manage to win this WC.. which i hope not. I'm sure many will respect him for the player that he is.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    how could i debate someone who is NEVER wrong, and have no evidence to back that up either? I'm flawed and yet made a wise move, which one is it?LOL

#68 cooler, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  9. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    YES...That way there will be less controversies afterward!

But I would prefer GADE over WACHA, since he is no longer young and will be retiring soon after the 08 Olympics (I hope he takes this title as well)! :D

10. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    LET'S GO GADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D LET'SSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOO!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, I agree. Lee Chong Wei is as good as Wong Choon Hann during his prime, feared by many and came close to win the WC2003.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Wong Choong Han is da man! Still got the hops and the weapon at this time. Too bad he was hampered by injuries.. if not he would be in the Top 10 by now.

13. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

I like this analysis...fairly accurate!

I would like to add:
    CJ is a real threat to Sony, Simon, & PG
    CY is a real threat to PG
    BP is a real threat to CJ & CY
    BCL is a real threat to TH
    LCW is a real threat to BP & BCL
    PG is a real threat to BCL

and in my opinion, Taufik Hidayat is a real threat to anyone if he in form and focused with Lin Dan & Lee Chong Wei being close seconds (because this is on LCW's home ground).

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

I never bash LYB...and I do not like him..but he has done a great job for china ...you should see myprevious posts before your comments...I never say that LYB is full of craps...I respect him but does not mean that i like him...
    You are not polite at all...:mad::mad:
    Misbun has not done as much as LYB..but it does not mean that he is full fo craps.....thats very mean...what qualified you to say that to Misbun....??

I think you are suddenly of becoming of being EXPERT to call someone who has been in badminton more than 2 decades...then you are full of craps...

#74 huangkwokhau, Jul 31, 2007
  15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Same can be said to LD as well.. He is world no. 1 for such a long periods.. However. Never win the Major titles in OG/AG
    While WC/AE/AG/OG considered the "Grand Slam" in badminton. A player only can be throned as "LEGENDS" ONLY he manage to win both events.:rolleyes:

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    There are so competitive in MS now....it depends on the draw and who beats who...tough to predict...I guess this make badminton more exciting...I hope that there will be some upsets in WC...cant say WHO..love that Wacha's moments...just cant wait to see who prevails as a winner...

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    So, are you saying that Yang Yang, Zhao JianWau 赵剑华(spelling?) are not legends just because they have not won OG and AG together??? Any player before 1992 has no chance of being called a legend simply because they can not win an olympic medal???:rolleyes::confused::confused::confused: Only legend in the whole history of badminton is Taufik Hidayat... well you have great standard.:rolleyes:

Lin Dan, Being the #1 and winning the most tournaments like 3, 4 years in a row still can't prove that he is the best in this century. I am glad that Federer actaully won Grand Slam before, or else everyone will doubt that he is not the best either.:rolleyes:

#77 bananaboy, Jul 31, 2007
  18. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    What is there to be respectful about a coach who eats humble pie all the time while coaching Hafiz, then gets lucky and one of his charge starts to show progress, then this coach starts to talk like he is the best psychologist + coach in this world??? :rolleyes: Before the progress of LCW, and Misbun only had Hafiz in his charge, he never bash Hafiz much, now he is just a complete jerk to Hafiz because now Hafiz is useless("of no value" if you want a better word) to him.

I don't expect you to respect me, especially if you don't like me to telling it as it is. I am not here to win a popularity contest by agreeing with every other member here, and I am just here to speak my mind... if you don't like it, well you can feel free to bash me all you want, just make sure you are prepared to receive as much from me as you give me.

Honestly, I would respect Misbun for what he has brought out of LCW, but I definitely will NOT respect the additional comments from him(which again sounds like it is coming out from a fan) :rolleyes:

#78 bananaboy, Jul 31, 2007
  19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Well....let me put it this way......that makes you and me are in the different class of society...;);)..sure I will give you more pain as long as you deserve it...I also speak my mind also..unfortunately we are in different take...jsut dont think you have a right...anyway...just be prepared as you said..!!!;);)

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner

:p I am always prepared to take it back, since I always deal enough out to everyone(only the ones who deserve it though:p) else.:D

I wouldn't say we are in "different class" of society, since unless you look down on me, or else I definitely don't look down on you(and at times, I do find you make alot of sense in other threads):cool:

We have different view points here, and I respect your right to disagree with me, but you can't change my mind about Misbun in THIS 1 situation "ONLY"... I will admit that I am wrong, if I am wrong, but in this case, it is more of personal reasoning than anything else. I don't like people who talk like hell when they have the "advantage", and keep their mouth shut when they know they are in trouble(or something similar)... just like Misbun in this case.