Badminton: Misbun fears Taufik more than Lin Dan

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ixory, Jul 29, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Just curious....why you use 2cents, not 5cents or 10 cents???:D:D

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Ranking for the "All Time Favourites" MS Players :
    1. Yang Yang
    2. Zhao Jian hua
    3. LD
    4. TH
    5. Icuk Sugiarto
    6. CH
    7. Heriyanto Arby
    8. Sun Jun
    9. Paul Eric HoyerLarsen
    10. Peter Gade

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    No Han Jian, Liem Swie King, Morten Frost Hansen ,Alan BK,and Rudy hartono???

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    well, I have only 2 cents :cool: 2 cents means the same as humble opinion. I don't want to force other people must obey what I said. In discussion, you can have your own opinions, I can offer my 2 cents which could mean nothing to you. ;)

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D..okay....I think 1 cent is humbler than 2 cents...:D:D..good to know...;)

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Most people thought Zhao Jianhua is the best skilled in badminton history, but when Zhao JH was asked, he said he might be the best at his age, but now badminton skills have developed to a higher level than his time. When asked who are the best currently today, Zhao JH said, technical speaking, Taufik and Bao CL are the best.

Zhao JH gave his answer with his reasons. Taufik and Bao CL could be the best in techniques. but I think according to the ability to win, Lin Dan should be the best, and Bao CL seems to be nothing. I personally don't think Bao CL was the best in techniques either.

I think Zhao didn't mention Lin Dan may imply that he's afraid that Lin dan could beat him in badminton history. That's just my 2 cents.

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    For some reasons..TH is an unpredictable and quite mysterius player...he is so moody and sometimes he created many controversies in the past...I guess he created the curiousity...like him or hate him...he could draw the crowd into tournaments and among reporters as well......

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    in Skills wise.. YY is the best.. LD and ZJH might be in the fight fir the second spot...

9. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    th is definately the dark horse for WC 07

10. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Originally Posted by Han [​IMG]
    To me, a great player should be the one who win AE or Olympic or WC and many other regular tournaments. Lin Dan has won 2 AEs, 1 WC and so many others major tournaments, if he don't qualify as great player then no one should be. Peter has also won AE and many major tournaments so he's in my book. I will not include Hafiz even he has won AE as he has not won many other tournaments. It's really a judgement call and is going to be subjective so these are my great players :

Absolutely great analysis .. impartial and factual.

To those who think that being World No. 1 consistently for 3 yrs is no big deal, it just shows the level of maturity of badminton fans bcoz Tiger Wood, R Federer are also World No. 1 in their own category. Besides, why do players hope to climb up the ranking much as they say they don't really care??? Ask any player and they will tell you that it is harder to stay on top then getting there.
    Some of us may not like certain players bcos they don't smile, are not good looking, introverts, etc, that's fine but ultimately our 'opinions' do reflect on ourselves.
    Peace to all.

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Not if LCW has been quoted as wanting to retire after OLY08, then basically he has to win all the majors between now and 08.

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    WCh have once manage to get his glory moment in his career as a shutller.Hope he can repeat it once again.I know he can

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Who is the best depends on which game you one based his opinion on...but when I watched ZJH play JS in AE90 final, that game left me in awe, and if I use that game to judge who is most skilled, I would say ZJH but then ZJH does not play that consistent every time, as LD is very consistent and successful, I think LD must have won the most tourneys than anyone else...but we can also argue in the heydays of Hartono, there aren't that many tourneys to play.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    The list is ONLY rank top 10. their name will certainly in for a top 20 list;)
    together win LCW.. Foo Kok Keong.. Luan Jin.. LHI etc...:rolleyes:

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    IF LD were to play against ZJH todays.. He will have a tough battle. His flamboyant style will makes him struggles against the calm of ZJH's mind in the court. Both are equally great in the skill i would said. But the game will decide on who will control their temperature on the match itself..

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, Chen Hong should be one of the great, so is Paul Hoyer Larsen, Morten Frost and many others. It's like the requirement to induct into the Hall of Fame in all sports, we have to have some sort of achievement statistic to back it up. I also will not include Liu Jun even though he won the AE1992, Jianhua basically gave Liu Jun the title so he could qualify for Olympic. Setting the Hall Of Fame criteria/requirement definitely will be a good/furious debate among us :D

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Who is "Liu Jin"??

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    On the funny side, the score could be 21-5, 21-5 won by either side depending on which Zhoa Jianhua shows up :D

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D
    Hall of Fame? I know some for sure like Rudy hartono, Morten and Lim Swie King...anyway......let not start it ..it can be a WAR here...:D:D sensitive issues...:p:p

20. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Every major sports has Hall Of Fame and if badminton want to be one of the majors then have to have it. It really doesn't matter how heated the debate escalate as long as some meaningful guidelines surface during the debate. Who knows, WBF may read our posts and steal some idea from us. Don't under estimate the influential power of BF as 21 point new scoring system continues may due to the majority positive feedback from BF????
    BF Boleh!!!