BAM warns Mohd Hafiz Hashim & Kuan Beng Hong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think even if he didn't go to Bath, his mission would be fufilled anyway. Some think that sending Hafiz to Bath was not the right idea as he is meeting LCW in the second round. But, it sounds a lot like China's match fixing. I don't really have an opinion on the matter - if I follow my heart, I say that we shouldn't send Hafiz. But my brain is telling me that I am accepting match fixing.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..does it matter if HH advance or didn't advance to meet LCW??..i mean, not to put Mr. Tan down, but is LCW gonna lose to Yuhan Tan if they both meet in the next round??..

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    HH earn his place on merit, so he should go to Paris..
    as for the draw..is luck...can happen to any player and country..

4. undeadshot

I have to agree with both danielwong and ctjcad here. The draw is just bad luck for Hafiz Hashim and Lee Chong Wei. However, let's say Hafiz gets to meet LCW in the second round, should he go all the way to Bath and spend $$ just to train? Lee Chong Wei was also given the chance, although Misbun chose not to take it. Therefore, the chance is offered to both players, it is only fair. But then, again, it is wasting the taxpayer's money. I'm in a dilemma as to whether it is right to send Hafiz or not. If they don't, it's not fair because LCW was offered the chance even though he didn't take it. If they sent Hafiz(like they did), it won't be of any use as LCW will NOT lose to Tan Yuhan or even Hafiz won't lose to Tan Yuhan without his training.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..so, i don't see any mission being accomplished here for HH..mission accomplished in what way? just so he doesn't lose in the 1st round?..Now, if say HH were to meet BCL or CJ or TH and he beat either one of them before facing LCW, now, that would be a worthwhile mission...that would be mission accomplished, foh sho!..:cool:

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The best players (from different countries), if found qualified, should participate

Let us not forget that our BWF World Championships event is for individuals (not nationals).

Therefore, the best players (from different countries), if found qualified, should participate.

Players should participate not only for their National Associations, but also for BWF as well.

Without better participating players from stronger National Associations, BWF cannot show off our 'Best of the Best' players in this World Badminton Championships.

7. undeadshot

Have to agree with you, beating Tan Yuhan must be one of the simplest missions it has for a player of Hafiz's quality.

8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    undeadshot, i am sure you are as concern as a lot of mas fans here

for the betterment of badminton in mas

but one thing you have to understand is this bath thing.

as i said earlier it is part of a good training plan

so hafiz deserved to go and meeting lcw in the 2nd round was just pure unlucky.

the other thing about this remote preparation is

its never was a guarantee for a medal,

its just a complete plan what nsc/bam can support/provide

for those selected to undergo training preparation for world championship earlier.

if they stop hafiz from going after seeing the draw

what would that imply?

it will be very very bad badminton development in mas.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2010 BWF WC: Muhammad Hafiz Hashim did quite well

Looking at the score-lines, HH did quite well at the 2010 BWF WC.

Round 1: LCW defeated Kevin Cordon ... 21-07, 21-11
    Round 2: LCW defeated HH .................. 21-16, 21-16
    Round 3: LCW defeated Rajiv Ouseph ... 21-09, 21-09

and,
    Round 1: HH defeated Tan Yuhan ......... 21-13, 21-15

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Hafiz Hashim: I can become an independent player

HAFIZ Hashim has refused to throw in the towel and instead challenged the national back-up shuttlers to push him into retirement.

Hafiz has accepted the criticism hurled at him for failing to perform on the international stage but the 28-year-old feels he is still way ahead of the younger players.

After losing to Lee Chong Wei in the second round of the World Championships on Wednesday, Hafiz said he still has his own goals to meet.

Despite doubts over his current form, he wants to reach the men's singles final of the New Delhi Commonwealth Games and also win a medal in the Asian Games

"I won the Commonwealth Game gold in 2002 and this time, I want to at least reach the final," said Hafiz.

"I lost in the quarter-finals of the 2002 Asian Games in Busan and I want to try go one step further in the tournament.

"As of now, I am still much better than the back-up players and they must push me into retirement by beating me.

"If I qualify on merit to play in the Super Series tournaments, I will do so.

"BAM said they want to emphasise on sending the back-up players to more tournaments. If they don't want to consider me for any tournaments, they can drop me and I can become an independent player.

"I will be playing in Japan and I hope to get a few more tournaments but my priority are the Commonwealth and Asian Games."

Hafiz played positively in his defeat to Chong Wei and he can achieve something better if he improves on that performance.

One good performance is not enough to convince BAM but Hafiz needs to do it consistently in order to earn his stripes.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/42HAFAF-2/Article/

11. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Tuesday September 14, 2010

Hafiz will lead gold quest if Chong Wei fails to make Delhi date

By LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: Former All-England champion Mohd Hafiz Hashim can be counted on to retain the Commonwealth Games badminton men’s singles title for Malaysia if world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei is unable to make the date in New Delhi.
    There is a lingering question mark on Chong Wei’s participation in the New Delhi Games after he picked up a back injury that dashed his hopes of winning the title at the world championships in Paris last month.
    Chong Wei is currently undergoing physiotherapy to treat the injury and having opted out of the China Masters starting tomorrow in Changzhou, Hafiz may just be the main singles player for Malaysia in the Games.
    Hafiz did not feature in the last Games in Melbourne in 2006 and Chong Wei won the men’s singles crown and also helped Malaysia take the mixed team title for the first time.
    Eight years have lapsed since Hafiz won the men’s singles title in Manchester but the Kelantan-born shuttler said that the desire to win a second time had not diminished.
    [​IMG] Hoping for a revival: Hafiz Hashim last won the men’s singles gold in the Commonwealth Games eight years ago.
    “I have not produced any spectacular results but as far as the Commonwealth Games are concerned, I believe I have a good chance to win the gold for Malaysia if Chong Wei cannot play,” he said.
    “I will still be in the competition if Chong Wei makes it. And I have earlier targeted myself to reach the final. I want to prove that I am still the No. 2 player in the country.
    “I have a good record against the English and Indian players. I am not getting younger but I feel I have a good chance to win another gold medal.”
    Hafiz, who celebrated his 28th birthday yesterday, lost to Chong Wei in the second round at the world championships but remained in 19th spot in the world rankings.
    England’s Rajiv Ouseph and India’s hope Chetan Anand are among the players seen with the ability to stop Malaysia from claiming a sixth consecutive men’s singles gold medal.
    Current national singles coach Rashid Sidek won gold medals in 1990 (Auckland) to become the first Malaysian winner since Punch Gunalan in 1974 (Christchurch). Rashid retained the title in 1994 (Victoria).
    When Malaysia hosted the Games in 1998, Wong Choong Hann emerged as the champion.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2010 New Delhi Commonwealth Games Badminton Mens Singles title to Mohd Hafiz Hashim

I believe that HH can be counted on to retain the 2010 New Delhi Commonwealth Games Badminton Mens Singles title for Malaysia if World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei is unable to participate.

Malaysia has always being strong at the Commonwealth Games at Mens Singles. Even though HH is the No.2 MS for Malaysia, he still has a very good chance to win Gold at New Delhi.

13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I hope MHH's confidence bears fruit.

:):):)

14. undeadshot

I agree with you. I think HH is reliable for this tournament as he should be able to nick this one in LCW's absence. I don't think that the England MS like Rajiv Ouseph, Andrew Smith or IND's MS like Chetan Anand and P. Kashyap has what it takes to defeat Hafiz Hashim. Although he has been looked down upon by many, he is actually still quite the badminton player!

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    as the saying goes...

lets make a big fart :p

and everybody in every corner

smells it..:eek:

16. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Especially if the room is small and the smell is auugh!

:D:D:D

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, you have good imagery

but let's hope hafiz goes out to the real big world without chong wei this time

and make the greatest fart of all time

18. danielwong

Salesman
    For me, winning Commonwealth games gold medal not a big deal....HH should win Super series

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Winning Commonwealth Games gold medal not a big deal

Agree. The CWG should not be difficult for HH.

At this 2010 CWG, HH would probably be ranked No.1.
    At current SS tournaments, HH is ranked around No.20.

20. danielwong

Salesman
    But still, this is HH, cannot depend on him to win the gold even if he is ranked no. 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.