BWF and doping : just a joke !

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zhao, Jul 31, 2007.

1. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    When you say it's a fact where does that fact come from?

You may well be right as I don't know how much testing exists. If you're right that a succesful pro player (after all what's the point in testing someone who is not succesful!) can go 2 years without being tested despite playing in major tournaments then I would agree that is disturbing.

Do you know what BWF policy is on doping? Is it random testing, is it selective testing (every medal winner for example) or something else. It seems like your complaint is based on what you've been told by one person.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Don't just find fault. Find a remedy.

Hi Zhao,

Don't just find fault. Find a remedy. :):):)

Don't just complain. Offer a better solution. ;););)

If you think that our BWF is not doing enough and that someone is taking advantage of it, then you should be reporting it to the BWF.

And as LazyBuddy and kwun mentioned... you'd better have hard evidence. :):):)

If Zhao thinks that we should be testing every player, instead of random testing, then I would disagree... because I know that our registration fees with BWF will be increased multiple times to meet the cost of doing it. :(:(:(

Cheers... chris@ccc

#22 chris-ccc, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    that's interesting.... maybe some players 'won't win the olympics' for the fear of being tested for drugs by strict Olympic Council.... But have no fear of BWF events where 'enforcement is less stringent'???????????

Interesting theory that I doubt anyone will be able prove

4. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I can sense another conspiracy theory looming! :eek::eek::D:D

5. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud
    Some pro players ask BWF to organise more doping control with no results.

I think to be ok, each player should have 4 or 5 international control per year, minimum. And not only during the competition, of course!!!;)
    That's not the fact today...

Since UCI organise tests (blood and urinate) during training camp and competition, the cycling change. That's not enough but that's the right way.

Today, a lot of people think badminton is clean because there're few positive control.
    But it's just because the control organisation is so poor!!!

Sorry but that's the reality.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not to question about your source, but throughout this thread, I don't see any hard evidences to backup your theory.

Do you mind to provide some "fact"??? Such as the players' names, when they submitted their requests, during which events? Also, any words about why their requests where rejected???

Unless you can provide some of the above, otherwise, I would say your claims are more of rumors other than facts. :eek:

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Is the IOC doing more tests for doping than the BWF ?

Hi jug8man,

Yes... If Zhao's theory is correct, then we should hope that some Badminton players, who continued to use doping without getting caught, would be caught at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.

If Zhao has no confidence in our BWF, then perhaps Zhao has more confidence in the IOC, International Olympic Committee. :):):)

Last year, at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games, the random testing during the warm up practice sessions held at security venues even got me involved. And I was only there participating as a coach and not as a player. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#27 chris-ccc, Aug 6, 2007
  8. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud
    No control by BWF during training, that's not a rumor but the reality !

Few control during the international tournament, that's not a rumor but the reality !

Try to find how many control were organised during the last 7 superserie and how many of the 200 SS players were controled since january.

And no question about international serie and furure serie !!!

9. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud

In badminton, if we want to realy fight the doping, BWF have to organise control during the training.
    That's the choice of a lot of sport.
    If a player train 2 months before Olympics with doping, he'll be strong but not positive in the control during OG.
    The players and federations are not stupid!!!

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

'BWF or IOC to test every player under training' cannot be a reality

Hi Zhao,

In my earlier post, I hinted to you that the testing of doping is not cheap. And that is why we have random testing.

Here, I still cannot see that BWF should be testing every player under training.

This is because a trainee, who is just under training with a dream, may not achieve entry to BWF tournaments.

However, I agree that our top players should be tested more often, even during their training. :)

Here again, even for the Olympics, the IOC will only test confirmed participants for the Games. Not just for anyone wishing to participate by training hard before the Games.

Even when the testing of doping is relatively cheaper, I cannot see that your suggestion for 'BWF or IOC to test every player under training' can be a reality.

But the random testing of confirmed participants during their preparation should be carried out. :)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#30 chris-ccc, Aug 6, 2007
  11. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud
    Of course it's not possible to test every player under training. But the players have to know that is possible!
    Today they can train easily without control. And they know they have few chance to be controlled during competition.

I think it's not difficult to make a pro player's list (300 players may be) and control more often this list (in competition and training).

You can not say:"This is because a trainee, who is just under training with a dream, may not achieve entry to BWF tournaments.
    " . Badminton is a professional sport!!!!

Imagine a pro in soccer or basketball say : "Sorry, you can't control me during training, i don't know if i'll play the next match"

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Badminton is not a true Professional Sport at the moment

Hi Zhao,

Disagree with you again. :):):)

Sometime ago, I mentioned this...

====== ====== start of parts of comments ====== ======

Unfortunately, Badminton is not a true Professional Sport at the moment.

I hope that Badminton will become a true professional sport as soon as possible. And when that happens, experienced players will not need to undergo their National Training Schedule.

They can be independent, like Tennis players, and they can hire their own private coaches. They don't even have to play for their country if it interferes with their professional income, although most of them would, as we can see, like for the Davis Cup in Tennis.

====== ====== end of parts of comments ====== ======

The above can be found, as Post#81, in thread located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40212

Perhaps their National Training Bodies are saying to BWF... "Sorry, you can't control our training system. You don't know if our players will be playing the next match".

Our only hope is to have our Badminton to be a true professional sport like Athletics, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, etc... and not like Gymnastics, Swimming, Table Tennis, etc...

Oops, I hope that I have not offended those Sporting Bodies. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#32 chris-ccc, Aug 6, 2007
  13. jerby

jerby Regular Member

this is just degenarating by the post....

saying "that's a fact" or "that's the reality" is hardly a source... Especially considering your previous posts...

Also, the entire top-20 is swamped with tournaments (little exceptions) and has no time to 'train with doping for two months'. Also, it's not like that stuff just disapears from your system within a week. With current tests they can even find out if somebody took a drug (cocaine, like one cyclist) weeks before...
    And from my source (the tournament leader of the Dutch Open International) every major tournament is checked for doping.

14. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud
    Sorry Jerby but that's a fact that badminton player is one of the fewer's controlled sportmen.
    Except for players from nations with a big organisation to fight against doping, players can take medicine very easily.

It's clear that's BWF doesn't want a big scandal.
    And once again it's not difficult to organise but the will is not there !

I'm sorry about that and a lot of players are sorry about that !

I wil not surprise to see a lot of withdraw or injuries for the next French Open...;)

15. jerby

jerby Regular Member

you are aware that the word "fact" requires "evidence"?

fact (f[​IMG]kt)
    n.1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
    2. a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
    b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
    c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.

3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
    4. Law The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

so, in short, my main rebuttle would be "how do you know all those thing?" (this is, again, were facts/evidence come in to play)

-how do you know badmintonplayers are least controlled?
    -how do you know the BWF doesn't want a scandal?
    -how do you know there players out there using doping?

17. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Mere guessing is not good enough

Hi Zhao,

We now know what you mean. :):):)

It is because BWF is conducting "random testing', and that they have not caught many players with doping... that you are guessing that there are players are taking advantage of it.

We take our Badminton seriously. And we are hoping/wishing that, if you know (if and only if you have strong evidence and facts) that some player(s) is/are taking drugs to enhance their performance, then please let us know.

All our Badminton Central posters here, including kwun, LazyBuddy, Althelete1234, kewsoo, bad_fanatic, crosscourt, jug8man, Linus, jerby, etc... have asked you to provide evidence. And we are still waiting for it.

Mere guessing is not good enough.

Wouldn't you be most upset if we are to guess that you are under the influence of drugs whenever you do a post at our Badminton Central ??? :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

19. Zhao

Zhao Regular Member

stud

I CHRIS
    I'm not guessing something.
    May be badminton is the cleanest sport in the world.
    I have no evidence that players take drugs but i have evidence that BWF make the minimum to fight the problem.
    That's the only thing i want to say!!!!!
    I've nothing against players!!!

Once again, it's not difficult to take the TOP 60 in MS an LS and TOP 30 in doubles and organise a real doping control system. BWF can follow these players during 12 months with all the different control (testosteron, cortisol, IGF1,...)

Of course, not possible to follow all the players, but for the TOP that's essential!

20. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

HOPE NO DOPING SCANDAL IN BADMINTON !!!

But the truth is if you have good stamina ... you will play better.
    I am sure also there must be some player who takes more or less such a thing.

But dont forget, in Badminton comes first your good skill, with a lot of Training for many many years..

Viva Badminton :)