china team canceled to denmark ss??

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009' started by boone7, Oct 16, 2009.

1. boone7

boone7 Regular Member

just Yi han ?? no another else ??

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think, if she performs up to her standard, she alone is more than enough to wins the title.........;)

Xiao Mao........:p:p...:D:D

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Anyone who cares to know the situation should see this coming. The Chinese National Games, literally being the toughest badminton tournament, really took its toll on the players. There were many appearances of doctors and stretchers.

It was a sensible thing for CHN to withdraw and honorable thing for CHN to send representatives.

Having said that, the CHN team should know better and not register for Denmark Open in the first place.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  5. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Chinese withdrawal

So now what? Security concern in Denmark now? Or aren't the Danish offering decent moeny as prize?
    Chinese, as the present greatest badminton power has a responsibility to promote the game but they take it as some joke. Forgive me for sounding so harsh but this is not only poor sportsmanship, this also shows the extremely haughty stance of Badminton China.
    I wonder why were they panicking when there were hints of Western countries (partially or fully) boycotting Beijing Olympic.

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Li Yongbo explained his plan for the denmark open today

At first, Li Yongbo said, because Chinese players skipped many super series this year, so he sent 26 players to the Denmark open at first.

Then, most players got exhausted on the national games, so he withdrew the whole team from Denmark open.

Then, sponsors for the Denmark open wanted to cancel their sponsorship. WBF and Denmark open organizer asked Li YB for cooperation.

Then, Li YB agreed that sending at least 1 for each event. So he sent the players who lost most in the national games. That's the reason he sent Chen Long and Wang Yihan. :eek: wow, what a coincidence, which exactly the same list as I wrote the "who's not" list.

Most countries or associations, want to send the best players to the international tournaments, but LYB just wants to send the worst players to the international tournaments. So funny. :mad::mad:

7. kar_mun

kar_mun Regular Member

But the so called worst player "WYH" has a chance to win Denmark Open. For Chen Long, very unlikely.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

It will depends on how 'tired' they are after their National Games...! ;)

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

that's true. But the word "worst" I used refered to the status within the China national team.

In the 1st team, there are 4 men's singles: LD, CJ, BCL and CL; and 4 women's singles: Lu Lan, Wang Ling, Wang YH and Wang Xin.

CL and WYH were the worst singles in this national games. Both of them have lost at least 3+ matches and won very few.

I said they are the worst, but not LYB. LYB said because CL and WYH lost early in the games, didn't play much at the national games, so they are not that tired.

That's only true for CL who lost in the 1st round of individual event, which made him lost 3 in a row with the team event.

What LYB said was not true for Wang YH. Because WYH won the 1st round against Zhou Mi, then entering the final 8, which made her play until the end. By the regulation, All 8 positions need to be determined. Then Wang YH lost to Wang SX in the quarter final, and then lost to injured Jiang YJ for the 5,6 position again.

Finally CL got the 24th position in men's singles at the national games, and WYH got the 7th because of XXF's withdrawl. BTW, WYH has lost to XXF in the team event tamely.

Even though Wang YH is more tired than CL, she still has the caliber win the Denmark open. CL, on the other hand, even has rested for a week, still not good enough according to his ability.

10. wongccw

wongccw Regular Member

is chinese badminton federation officially confirm this?
    and people not happy about too many chinese player playing in the tourment...
    now none of them are going ...they are still not happy?

and IF the chinese player are too tired after the national game... can the ibf / cbf or even denmark badminton federation do something about it?

and i am agree with ctjcad to create diff of penalty fees..but still.... the fee wont be too much ....because the winner of the major tourment wont earn too much money compare to other sport

11. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

In fact, China usually sent 3 or 4 for each event, not too many comparing other countries. For example, China sent 4 men to the MS while Malaysia sent 12 to all england.

But those 4 men from China grabbed all 4 semifinalist positions. That's people not happy about! People not happy about China won too many titles from men to women, from singles to doubles, and mixed doubles. People not happy about China not only took the title, but also occupied all finalists and even semi-finalists places.

No body is happy about no showup at all. I know what to be happy about for different people. Indonesia fans are happy about to see Sony vs Simon in the final, Malaysia fans are happy about to see Lee CW vs Hafiz in the final. Both Malaysia fans and Indonesia fans are happy about to see Lin Dan defeated in early rounds.

#31 2cents, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  12. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Well, that could be true for MS, WS, and WD case. But, could you tell me the last event there was any all-CHN MD & XD? :confused:

The dominance, yes, I can't disagree. With population of 1 billion, bottomless pool of talent, and full support from gov't, being the most powerful baddie nation, I consider less than 3 titles in a tournament (assuming they come in full force) as a failure.

Yes, as of now, the Great Wall is way too strong to break.
    And as for now, I'm happy enough if other countries are able to make at least a crack on that wall. Any hole will be considered as bonus.:p

#32 Jagdpanther, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  13. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

China produce results because the high expectation and their men/women train hard with discipline.

Take Malaysia for example, they reward their player with life time benefit and honor for winning SILVER. When you aim low, you will achieve low. My boss is happy if I pass first round (anything else would be bonus), if not, I still have another 100 attempts until they decide to dump me. :D

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    it seems like power struggle between CHina Vs IBF!

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's competition (inside the country) that matters. The larger the pool, the tougher the competition. Because be it 1 billion people or 10 people, finally the national team will always have about 4 spots for top players.

A player like CL would easily secure a 2nd single spot in any other country, while in China he still needs fight into the top 3. If CL is in Malaysia, there is basically no rational reason for him to train hard.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think you are exaggerating a bit... As far as I remember, that only happens in 2007. (2004 AE: LD vs PG in final; 2005 AE: LD vs WCH in SF; 2006 AE: LD vs LHI in final; 2008 AE: CJ vs LCW in SF; 2009 AE: LD vs LCW in Final)

17. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

They just did it at Singapore SS....Also Malaysia GP Gold,Phills GP Gold......
    For MD....China Master

18. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Though china only sent 2 singles players and 4 pairs in Denmark Open, they still have a very good chance to win 3 titles.

WYH in WS. ZYW/Pan Pan in WD. ZYW/TJM in XD.

And CL also had chance to reach semifinal here.

MD probably reach QF for GZD/XC.

So lets wait and see with very few players, what the results for the China teams.

19. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

You've answered my question. It is a system that took the most advantage out of the pool that makes China great.

Why wouldn't the Malaysia national team employ (or enforce I should say) a similar system to encourage competition? Where the tops must train hard to maintain their spot?

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    domination isn't simply a straight correlation to population. If it was, india should be neck and neck with china in sport, for ex, # of OG medals.