china team canceled to denmark ss??

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009' started by boone7, Oct 16, 2009.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    what about if TBY fails after he switches to MD coach? You don't know the politics ;)

I think again, feel that the #2 reason should be the biggest reason. #1 reason only takes effect based on #2.

2. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Then comes next question: how many of 'em 'badminton players' play badminton seriously (that means, becoming full-fledged athletes, not part-time ones) instead of playing just for fun? :confused:

#62 Jagdpanther, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm..

- If CHN can win an Olympic Gold in cycling, why can't they win an international GT cycling race?
    - I thought China is emerging to be the superpower of Asia; and some would even say to challenge the U.S. as the world's superpower. So, money is no problemo, right?
    - Hmm, not sure if pro-cycling needs much more money. I know the technology is probably far more superior than badminton or tennis table, but i don't think China wouldn't be able to afford it.
    - Do you know U.S. pro-cycling, at least the governing body of U.S. cycling, is mostly sponsored, funded & invested by private individuals/companies/entities and not by the govt.? So, to say America got more money than that is probably not true. If CHN's govt. can't afford public funding for cycling, will private sponsorships/entities/bodies come out & sponsor a sport like cycling in CHN?
    - No one is expecting CHN to produce an Indurain or LeMond in the near future, at least not me. But, we'll wait for a Chinese rider to come to the forefront. Maybe we'll see a Li Ning pro-bicycle brand in the future?..:confused:;)

#63 ctjcad, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

also the #9 I listed on another post which is too many players in double are weak but having strong personal background, which made CHINA MD weak.

For example, Sun Jun Jie is not that good, but has background, Tao Jia Ming is top notch double player. When Sun JF/TJM are ordered to play together, the pair will not be that strong. If TJM had paired with someone is as strong as himself, they could be another FHF/CY.

5. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

That's what I meant. Sports in China mostly sponsored by government, while in the US, it is market driven, US government doesn't have a big funding for sports. Therefore only the sports, like road cycling, found commercial companies (not private mostly) sponsors, then they will get more money than China government. It's so obvious.

Why China had won Olympics cycling? because they put most money on several most prominent events, therefore, there is no wonder. On that specific event, China has invested more money than other countries.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

No one said population is the ONLY reason. But you can't deny that it's one of the major reasons. Currently the major Asian badminton powers all have similar system, with a national team which is far above provincial/club teams. Therefore badminton population (those who seriously play badminton) becomes a key factor (Example in soccer: All south american countries have similar messy systems in soccer. Why is Brasil clearly the best? Answer: size of talent pool).

Another major factor I can think of is tradition. When you start high, you are likely to stay high. China starts at a very high level in the 1950s.

So basically China starts as high as Indonesia and Malaysia, has a system similar to theirs, and has a much larger talent pool. It is clear who should dominate. Right? ;)

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#67 ctjcad, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  8. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Thank you for your pointer, that post was done in 8/04. If LYB knew
    the root of problem then, seemed he has no solution yet. Maybe
    too much politics involved.....

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think Rexy said once that he started as a singles player. So LYB is not telling the "whole truth". :)

The real reason is, MD has changed a lot during the past 20 years, the power factor becomes less important, while pace becomes more crucial. At the same time Chinese MD hasn't changed a bit. CY/FHF is simply an upgraded version of LYB/TBY. As a consequence, LYB can produce as many top 10 MDs as he wants, but not the real top ones (unless he finds another FHF). ;)

10. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

LYB's favorite player is tall, big size, ie. BCL, CJ and CL, China needs
    more smaller, agile players like LYD and Kido to cover the front court.
    Guo Zhendoncontg is in this category, hope his pairing with Xu Chen will work out and be another gold contender pair besides CY/FHF.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm..

..i don't know and don't give a hoot if LYB was telling the "whole truth and nothing but the truth".

So, if Rexy couldn't cut it playing as a Singles player, why did he switch to becoming a Doubles player? From what i read & understand (from kwun's translation), isn't that the same case with Rexy, Doubles players are basically those who couldn't cut it playing Singles??:confused:

#71 ctjcad, Oct 23, 2009
  12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In the 1st place, how many are interested? Pro-Sports vs other vocations (where it's more stable & often generates better $$$ for most in a capitalist environment),etc,etc.
    Still need a talent pool 1st. Then there's also politics involved in the associations, NSC, sports ministry, all of which has been often mentioned, some issue always crops up. ;)

#72 eaglehelang, Oct 23, 2009
  13. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Just opposite! Guo Zhen Dong has been always the weakest link.

Although I have listed the reasons, I want to say it agains, among all the reasons I listed, what LYB said was the 4th and 5th important in my list. The most important is the coaches including LYB don't want China MD strong!

Not only LYB/TBY still want to ride on their glories, but also their son in the MD, and many other weak players with background. They cannot have them in the singles because they are weak, but if put into double, they can pair with another strong partner.

Chen Xu is a top notch double player, but Zhong Zhen Dong is not! Tao Jia Ming is talented, but Sun Jun Jie is not. But GZD and SJJ have backgrounds. That's the reason, the most simplest reason.

Believe me, no matter who GZD or SJJ will pair with, they have no future!

14. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

My comment is based on what China current MD pairs. Yes,
    Sun Jun Jie is not at the LYD level. But Guo Zhen Dong is
    quite agile. Of course, I don't know what background support he has. Anyway, hope LYB find a solution before
    2012 Olympics as I doubt CY can make it... Isn't China missing Olympics MD title?

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

well, I don't think LYB even trying to solve it. A weaker China MD is good for him personally, I have said many times, for many reasons.

You know the background of SJJ and GZD? Let me say this, almost all the players who can enter the national team's door have some networking beyond the badminton itself. It's like office politics.

never try to find a solution from LYB unless you bet your 2012 MD on Li Gan. China's the MD level will not be much higher than LG's level. If you hear any good news from LG, then China will have some hope.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Then the question is, is GZD's background support stronger than other players? If not, then your claim doesn't hold.

In fact, GZD has been the 2nd MD for quite a few years, with XZB. If GZD is "weak", XZB must be very "strong", right? But is XZB a top MD player? Definitely not.

If weak Chinese MD is good for LYB, why did he create CY/FHF? :confused::confused:

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I have read and you have speculated a lot...GZD does not have any backer at all.....I know that for the fact...he told me personally he may be in china badminton for another year or two...you have many many theories...