Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Chou Tien Chen (周天成)

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by Loh, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Master

Master Regular Member

Badminton Unlimited | Gym Session - Chou Tien Chen (#2) (Episode 211, January 23, 2018)
    Taipei’s Chou Tien Chen and his trainer Victoria Kao, to find out more about how players get ready for tournaments.

@Fidget Let's hope they give it more...

Fidget likes this.
  2. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Chou was coached by Wang Tzu Wei during India Open
    Does Taiwan has no coach now?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Tzu Wei may appear to be assisting the coach but I see it as more of the coach teaching him how to analyze the game, esp the opponent's, in a bid to improve his game. Analyzing the game by watching the video later is not the same as thinking on your feet during the game, and that's what players need to do during matches.

Sundis and stanleyfm like this.
  4. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

We often see other countries doing the same.

5. lurker

lurker Regular Member

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Student
    If find the serving method of CTC very peculiar since the rule changed regarding service height. I find him hitting the shuttle very low on his services and his body being very straight. I'm aware he is just trying to avoid getting a direct fault on his services but I find it bizarre and not particularly effective.

Also he holds his racket very low during play time. We know pros hold their racket lower than amateur and need less preparation time when it comes to overhead strokes but I find CTC holding his racket particularly low.