Day 7 : TC semi 1 : CHINA vs INDONESIA (May 5, 1pm)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by kwun, May 3, 2006.

1. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

haha, lets all bow to the master

2. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

bow to bao....nice pun:)

3. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

lin dan's voice alot deeper than i thought

4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Wah...so looking forward to download this match and see how BCL create miracle on the new point system. Well, at least it proves that the new point system still allow players to do catch up when they are down by many points. :)

5. setaa

setaa Regular Member

T__T

oh well.. may the force be with china.. at least if china takes the cup, indo was beaten by the champion

congratz china :)

6. cliffy

cliffy Regular Member

ok.. mad dog, MAS says they will recommission a 1972 DC-10 to Narita.. will take them 6 hours to reach there... if they ever reach..

7. cliffy

cliffy Regular Member

beaten is too mild a word.. I think today Indonesia got a mauling...:confused:

8. STRING

STRING Regular Member

MAS (3) vs DEN (2)
    Winners: 1 Lee Chong Wei,
    2 Chong T F & Lee W W,
    3 Kuan Beng Hong

What you guys think about it?

#648 STRING, May 4, 2006
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Go over to the other thread and join the conversation

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I believe they are still looking for parts from previous wreckages:D

11. cliffy

cliffy Regular Member

they are dusting the seats of DC-10.. slight delay tho...

12. cliffy

cliffy Regular Member

no no.. they have reconstructed the DC-10 that crashed way back in the 70s.. its vintage classic now.. except some UHU parts are coming off...

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Let me tell you something, I have flown on those suckers before, not knowing I was actually flying in a coffin:eek:

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Team China

Well..well...the better team has won in less than 3 hrs. I expected Team China to win...and they did so with a comprehensive 3-0 victory.

Lin Dan vs Taufik Hidayat -- except for the brief struggle Taufik put up in the first set, it is clear that Lin Dan has control of the match and won convincingly in the second set. No fight from Taufik....

Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- even though Alvent had a lot of unforced errors surprisingly, the Indo pair managed to push the Chinese pair all the way (esp in the first set and beginning of second set). It was a waste that they let a 11-6 lead evaporate and ended up losing 17-21 in the second set.

Bao Chunlai vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro -- the match was tight till the score was 16-16 in the first set. From then on, Bao took control and Sony could only get 1 more pt. In the second set, Bao also had a 5-2 lead before Sony came back and took 10 consecutive pts. The lead was once 15-6 to Sony's favor. However, Bao woke up from his slumber and chased all the way till the score was level at 19-19. The match went to deuce, but, eventually, Bao won. He was simply majestic today....managing to save many shots that should have ended in pts for Sony.

One more observation: Indonesian players seem to be stuck at 14 or 15...this happens to Taufik (in the first set), Luluk/Alvent (in the second set), and Sony (both sets). Their concentration simply disappear when it mattered most (during the last 5-6 pts). The way Luluk/Alvent and Sony threw away their substantial lead were simply unforgivable....

I guess with Candra/Sigit's retirement, PBSI will push the other young pairs such as Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi and Yoga Ugikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki to the main team.

#654 badMania, May 4, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, that's hindsight and always a "what-if" thinking...i think either way, you will see them struggle..but fact is, the INA MD pairs just don't have it this time around, and esp. with Candra/Sigit recent performance...
    I guess they'll go home and can say "at least we've reached the Semifinal stage, as that was our original goal before the T&UC began"etc2..:rolleyes: :p

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Agreed. Luluk/Alvent has done well to push the Chinese pair to the limit (esp in the first set). With a bit of luck and more consistency from Alvent, they would have won the match.

17. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Congratulation to China team and fans. Admittedly you have the best team at the moment.

Well, Lin Dan bt Taufik easily as predicted. With that level of playing, I guess even BC members could bt TH too. :D
    TH has promised to defend his WC title in Madrid. Better he fulfil his word. If not, AWAS!
    It's too bad we could not see Markis/Hendra and Chen Jin vs Simon.

Time to move on. I will support Denmark/Malaysia when they meet China in the final. However, I guess the Cup will fly to China one more time.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hope PBSI has realized this is REALITY and they need to change

badMania, where were you when we needed you in here??must be having fun watching it live on tv heh??..hehe;)
    anyways, concur with your post...
    Just want to voice my 2 cents here. Hope if anyone read this won't think i'm taking this personally-hehe:
    It's very clear now that PBSI needs a major, i mean major overhaul...Hopefully with this pounding or major spanking to their team, they will wake up and start thinking about what they have or have not done in the last 2 yrs(2 yrs. in preparing to bring the Cup back and what happened??)...They need to be humble and go back to the concern of the players which they've recruited..After all, they are the "future" of PBSI, who else will continue the tradition if not them...For sure, they can't count on Taufik forever and definitely not on Candra/Sigit..:p :rolleyes:

It's time for the new generation to step in and take charge.
    In 2 yrs. time, if PBSI is not going to "overhaul" and totally change their attitude, i'm afraid their hosting of the 2008 TC will be another disappointment. 2 yrs is not a really long time. It will be here before PBSI knows it and if they are not ready and prepping their new younger players, they will be in deep, deep trouble. After all, they will most likely field the same players that they have this yr.(maybe minus Taufik). As for their current top players, will their career improve any further?? We don't know, but all i can see is that, with all the time & playing experience they've been given, their current top players(ie. minus Taufik) are not "good enough" to be counted on..As proven today

What i would like to see them do is first bring back Icuk Sugiarto..Yes, as hard as that may sound, i think what he did or what he attempted to do was quite sensible(and try to amend whatever hard feelings there is between him and Taufik)..Second, hope they will "humbly" ask Icuk's son Tommy Sugiarto to come back and train with them(as he is young and def. has the potential)...Third, as many of you guys have mentioned, they have to start sending more and more of their new young players to play in more international tournaments...

I just don't want to see the same result again in 2 yrs. time, knowing that now is their chance to change and improve. PBSI got the time and resources, now it's time to put it in action..

#658 ctjcad, May 5, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe, Taufik has said something similar to that during last yr's WC, saying he will go and play and win the All England. But what happened??..I personally wouldn't guarantee his appearance in Spain this yr. Reality is, his life has changed, so i don't know if he still has it in him any longer..Plus, he's won the WC title before...anyways, we shall wait and see..:rolleyes:

Yah, it's too bad we couldn't see more of the younger INA players perform(Markis/Hendra and Simon). I personally haven't seen Simon play:p:p..
    But they *definitely* will be the future of PBSI, *definitely* will be needed in 2 yrs time in the next TC..;)

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...completely agreed with your post. PBSI was lulled into believing that they still have the top men's singles and doubles when Taufik, Sony, Flandy/Eng Hian won the gold and bronze at the Olympics + Taufik and Candra/Sigit won the gold and silver at the the WC last year. However, individual tournament is different from a team tournament such as the Sudirman Cup and Thomas Cup.

The team's overreliance on Taufik and Candra/Sigit were clear such that when they are injured, then chances of winning goes down dramatically.

I believe we will see more of Simon, Markis/Hendra, Hendra/Joko, and Tommy (if he's recruited back).