Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 Badminton schedule & results

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2010 - Badminton' started by Loh, Oct 4, 2010.

1. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    I doubt if England will even win the bronze. Singapore has playing better.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i think SIN will prevail...

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Think so, because Eng just rely on NR/Clark.....in MD and XD...

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Wow!!! Heated activity even in a "mere" Commonwealth Games event ......

England and Singapore battle for bronze could be quite close this time. England would be better in XD and MD. Singapore are vastly superior in WD and WS. MS is the key and Derek needs to show Uncle Loh that he is the future of Singapore MS. With a coach the calibre of Luan Jin, I could already see Derek playing with more explosive movements against LCW last night. But footwork on the change of direction still needs improvement.

As for the final between India and Malaysia, it could be either 3-1 or 3-2 for Malaysia, or 3-1 or 3-2 for India (depending on whether WD or MD is played first). 3-0 scoreline either way is not likely, 'cos it means either LCW or Saina would be beaten and they are too good for that.

I hope the tie goes all the way to 5th match even if it means Malaysia risks not making it. Would be a treat to see Ashwini Ponnappa in action again. WD is pretty even if it is the last match.

#224 abedeng, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

SIN down 8-11 in XD. C'mon... Triyachurt is the weak link... I hope he bucks up.

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    there seems to be good potential in Triyachurt.

noticed that he has quite a big belly

7. undeadshot

I feel very bad for Triyachurt...
    He has to deal with three crushing defeats in 2 days :( And when MD comes, it will be another crushing defeat...

I hope he won't be affected by this.

8. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    The Singaporean guy is quite fat ==

9. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    England win the first match.XD was easily conquered.

10. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Hi buddies, just came in and struggled on CWG pages to find any baddy schedule:confused: from what I read I'm not the only one facing some difficulties:eek:
    what time will the final MAS-IND start? Is there any live stream available?

11. undeadshot

Derek's comeback was too late....... but he was a better player after the mid-game interval but coming back from 2-11 down is a tall order.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I agree with the part of dumping CEH from XD, she's rusty in XD. GLY can play better than the way CEH did yesterday ;)

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Not biased at all, it is my opinion. I actually thought I was biased to Ind team in those predictions:

MS- I can't see LCW losing. He is very good when he is the best player at the tournament, confident. He struggles against top players due to pressure
    WS - I can't see Saina losing, she is a better player overall than WMC ever was IMO Saina just needs quicker movement to compete with the very top player. WMC is a shadow of her former self
    MD - Closer, but I think you have to favour the MAS team as they are near the top & are former No.1's
    WD - 50/50, possibly a slight edge to the IND pair, but both pairs have one good players & one not so good player.
    XD - Indian pair are very very good. They make even the top pairs struggle (LYD/LHJ has struggled to beat them in the past) KKK maybe good but XD is tactical and he is more fabulous shots then giving up when it gets tough.

I can't see any Bias in my opinion at all, but there you go....

And as for UK...if you read through my posts I am proabably biased....against England team!

14. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

England just beat Singapore 3-1. The only point from singapore came from Xing Aiying beating Liz Can 2-0.

I have to said that I was waiting for Derek Wong to pull the rug from under Rajiv Ouseph after hearing Loh singing all praises to his Singapore MS the promising match against LCW. But didn't see anything special happened in that match against Rajiv Ouseph. Oh well...

I was disspointed yesterday because I thought the players crumbled under pressure. Not expecting them to win really just thought that England could put up a better fight than what they displayed yesterday.

15. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    What went wrong yesterday, even Nath and Jenny didn't win ? by the way: any chance to watch a live stream in the net?

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    People misunderestimate how good the IND pair are....

17. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Not sure, but jenny seemed to be extremely nervous on court. XD lost was kinda expected as diju/Gutta is a better pair. Rajiv let me down slightly but remembering Kashap was almost stretching SDK to 3 sets in SO speak alot about his ability but I wish RO did give a better fight.

Although Saina claimed that she was only playing 40%, she made tremendous amount of errors in 1st set letting Liz Can to take the lead at 16-14. Saina at that point was not herself and seem to struggle alot to gain the control of shuttle. What was more dissapointing is, Liz did not take advantage and made several errors(pretty dumb one as well) after that point joining Saina in the errors fiasco. In the end, Saina readjusted and is all history. I was hoping Liz could at least take a set.

I watch live through bbc sport:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/live/9072461.stm

They usually stream England's match in badminton but I am not sure if they gonna have the final of mixed team stream online(as England is not in it).You can try your luck there.

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, thank you very much for this piece of enlightening information. LOL

19. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    That BBC live page looks like 'twitter' - anything anybody wants to tell the world anytime :eek:- no use for baddy results:mad: is there anything we can watch it online? When and where ?

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I am pretty sure I heard the commentator on the BBC online feed say, "see you in 2 and a 1/2 hours for the gold medal match between Malaysia and India"