Denmark Open 2009 : 23 October, Day 4 (QF)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009' started by simonlovers, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I thought..^^

..benefit or not benefit him, LYB doesn't care abt the results of the SS, GP or GP Gold tourneys??..:confused:

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

There can be tons of other reasonable motivations. For example, CH and CY are too old. If he send CJ and CJ does not do well, it's OK as young players are not consistent. But he won't have any excuse if he send CH and CH fails.

Also rumor has it that LYB does not like CH.

Btw, if you take a look at any Chinese badminton forum, you can see that basically no one agrees with your "CL and WYH are the worst" claim. So maybe you are the only one in the world who understands the "system"?:D

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Com'on, if LYB doesn't care those opens, his boss definitely cares less.

Actually the key flaw in your argument is this: Anyone who has been following world badminton for a while and indeed bothers to watch a few matches knows CL and WYH are defintely among the BEST players in the Chinese team.

Furthermore, GZD has been 2nd MD for China for quite a while, and GZD/XC is the best MD China can offer besides CY/FHF (You do know that "the other guy" who XC paired up in national games is CY, don't you?).

So your "China sends its worst" claim is only arguably true in WD and XD.

4. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    hi, in my opinion he cares about high expectations when they calculate victories before big events. It´s good for LYB to show that good players failed sometimes and winning is not as easy as it actually is. With chinese juniors winning Danmark Open his situation would get worse in my opinion...:)

#364 arowana, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

With Peter Gade and Chen Long gone from the SF Draw, Simon Santoso will face Jan O Jorgensen, while Sony Dwi Kuncoro has to contend with Marc Zweibler. I hope they create an all-INA Final!

In MD, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan will face a tough test against Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen. If they progress to the Final, it's likely that Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong will be their opponent, although the MAS pair has to beat Sun Junjie/Tao Jiaming first.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Anyone got idea which court will be shown live on TV?

7. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    i think tonight will be showing court 1 live on astro..

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Court 1 has 2 Danish interest, Court 2 has 3. I think most probable court 2.

9. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Yep, there are some cute chinese out there, but on courts the only one I cheer (but not anymore:mad:) is Gao Ling, and this just because of her nice behaviour and bright smile, even if somethig went wrong, simply something you cant see while watching other Chinese on courts:eek: . Please don't start teaching me about China - know that very well since I was there for a couple of years, know what they usually are thinking, each and every game is like civil war, but it has to be fun! so we have to cheer players providing fun and joy!:D:D:D

10. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant

2cents: may be you should tell us fist the basic thinking of the chinese folks:eek:
    LYB is no exception - I completely agree to that, and this explains many things much easier than trying to figure out old ranking lists and talk about politics LOL:D:D:D
    by the way: where is the baseline located? :confused::confused: