Disappointed with China's Players attitude, Salute Denmark and England players!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by cindie, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Yes, I think both Peter Gade & Taufik Hidayat have deep respect for each other and are good friends and also with Wong Choong Hann as well.

Other players that are very respectable towards others are Kenneth Jonassen, Jonas Ramussen, Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijiya, Lee Choong Wei, Hafiz Hashim. There are more to this list but I haven't had the opportunity to witness it so they are not added to this list yet.

2. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

uhuh, there's no need to generalize china's players attitude because not all players are... Gao Ling is very friendly... she smiles a lot... I love her.. She's a nice sweet girl..

BUT, LD and Cai Yun's disgusted action has definitely ruined china's image...

SO the conclusion is think twice before you do something... You dont want to end up like LD, being booed twice in the stadium n multiple times in the BC forum.. N make Malaysians feel insulted... All these things LD had caused, are too deep inside our Malaysian fans' hearts to get rid of it

3. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Five hara.........I like Gao Ling too.

It's so enjoyable watching her playing her game. She seems very relax and always smile even she made mistakes. I am sure she is very approachable when you ask for her autograph.

4. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

it was held in Singapore indoor stadium.

the nearest station is Kallang MRT station

by bus: SBS 11 or 16

5. peace

peace Regular Member

Well, I think, Lin Dan should be able to behave better, but I think he is quite disappointed. Sometimes it is hard to judge the line judge during tournament. I think not only in MO or IO, but in China, the line judges are also sometimes bad. So, we'd better see the attitude of the players for the future tournament, whether they act the same, so then we know which players have the best character. Be wise, friends.

For the European players, I have met the Danish team during last European Championships 2006, and they are quite friendly. I even sit among them and enjoy some snacks. Also the English and other European players.

6. hara^kazuko

But in Malaysian Open 2006 men singles final, i'm sure everyone will agree on me that there have been no bad calls during lee chong wei surprise comeback to make LD behave like dat... as i can recall

I've read another newly updated interview, LD had said that Malaysian cheated on him.. N I was like frozen at that moment.. What the hell we cheated on him?

7. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

MALAYSIAN CHEATED ON HIM??? wat he talking bout...saying incorrect things when he lost??? haihhh...

8. hara^kazuko

Correct, Malaysian judges didnt cheat at all because Mo judges include judges from Japan n Thailand... And as I can remember, the men singles final umpire is someone frm thailand i guess (someone correct me if im wrong)

9. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

U R RIGHT.
    HE IS FROM THAILAND !!!

10. loanduong85

loanduong85 Regular Member

Although they are Thailand or Japan. But they still get waves from your country.

11. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Stop and think

OK, we've already closed 2 thread debating Lin Dan's behaviour. Do we need to close this one too? We really should, as it's already gone out of hand.

Don't go saying "he started it", because each poster is responsible for his own posts and reactions.

I'm a moron who believes in human beings, so I'm going to let this thread stay open, hoping that you will either:

a) end this debate as it is clearly going nowhere
    b) continue the debate in a civilized manner

If neither a) nor b) happens, some of you are going to get yourselves banned from this forum and this thread will be locked.

And while I'm at it, I'll offer you a favourite quote of mine:

Nationalism is a lie,
    told to create conflict without reason
    and unity without purpose.

Mag

12. joanne_lee

joanne_lee Regular Member

hahaha

I dont know why all he people always says that Gao Ling is friendly..........
    i still remember 2004 Singapore open. Gao Ling was sitting infront of me when i called to for a picture. She did not even look at me. I called for 30 seconds but she refused to look. Untill Chen Hong turn over and ask me to fo off. This is what u call friendly???Smiling in the court is only part of her strategy to get supporters.
    Even Zhou Mi show her long face all the time.........refused to take pics and stuff......
    Lin Dan is even worse. I got a pass to enter the those players' places and saw lin dan.He was rite infront of me and dun wanna take pics untill Zhang ning ask him to.So dissapointed with him.

Wanna know who is friendly?
    All the english and denmark players............Emms is one of them
    Btw, Zhang Ning and Yang Wei is friendly.............
    They gave autograph and take picture with a smile..........

13. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

OMG, if this is true then I will be very disappointed. Can't imagine Gao Ling did that when she is off the court. Joanne, is it very noisy when you called her at that time?

During AE2006, I called her before she enter the court and she gave a big smile. I can't believe that is fake.

14. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

it's particularly funny watching people fight over this thing.... everyone is human and has emotions, what everyone is doing right now is also part of the 'explosion' that we saw on LD. He's a good player and I have respect for him. Same as LCW,well known for his speed on court. WHat has happened, happened, and yes that was a bad action infront of the crown and who has not had a bad day and 'exploded' infront of other people ? recall on how many times that a person said sorry for their action to the 'victim' of the scene? People grow and learn from their mistakes and from my personal experience, you won't learn without mistakes. What had happened was just the mistake happened at the wrong time and wrong place. Regarding 'Cheating', I've watched the whole match after a BC member Aerotus100JP posted the link online today. The whole match was pretty fair from my point of view. There's only 1 point in the first game that was a mistake by the lineman and that is it. The Malaysian has proved to be fair having an Umpire of a different country. According to come members that says that the Malaysians a cheating, well, maybe he has not left the shadow of his defeat last year in MO. Ah, LD, i think he's a good player and at the same time LCW is on par and improving. Let everyone just take a break about this subject, have a great day or maybe play some BAD today.... muahahhahhaa:D

15. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Well, to generalize behavior of CHN shuttlers. Actually its not all of them like that. I still praise to Xie Zhong Bo, Chen Hong, Zhang Jun and Gao Ling but not Cai/Fu. I saw them all at German Open this year. I do not know about LD and INA top guns. I believe INA top guns should behave properly.

16. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I'm not trying to defend Lin Dan. His attibute in the award ceremony is not acceptable. But most Chinese players were drafted in elementary schools and being sent to training camps training 8 hours a day. They are lack of social life unlike most of the other young kids. Some of them are turned in machines. So we can't expect them to be as friendly as the European players. I read an newspapers article saying that movie stars and sport stars should be friendly to the fans because we are the one who help pay for their salary. But it may not be the case in China. However they are respresenting the country. So I think it is up to the Chinese sport authority to do something to start teaching the players how to deal with fans and other players.

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, it's what we think as a fan. Just think if you are a star, and see a line of hundreds (or thousands) everyday, and see if you can make everyone happy.

Yeah, athletes should promote the sport, the singer should promote music, and movie stars should promote the movie, etc. However, they are human being, they need time to eat, to sleep, to be with their families, and to do whatever the best for them. As long as they have a legit reason, and express their feeling in a polite manner, nothing is wrong with that.

Remember, we are bothering them, taking away their time/energy to gain joyment for ourselves. If they do accept the request, they are doing us fans a huge favor. They don't own us to start with. :cool:

18. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Maybe you caught Gao Ling and Chen Hong at a time when they were having a lover's argument and cold war? :D

19. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Are you going to pay me salary for the work? :D

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, on this, i agree also that it could be at the wrong time or wrong place. Different example or situation, I remember last yr. during the WC i happened to experience one similar incident also. In that incident, unknowingly, i tried to take pics with the 2 top CHN's WD pairs just before their match, but one of the pair refused. But then later in this forum, i found out that certain player(s), don't want to be bothered *just before* playing their match(es)..
    Thus, after the explanation, i understand...;) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.