Disappointed with China's Players attitude, Salute Denmark and England players!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by cindie, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butterflyk

butterflyk Regular Member

Is it possible that some of you are so pissed at him that you're making much bigger a deal than what it actually was? I thought it was time to move on.

2. kurama

kurama Regular Member

That is just my opinion,i dont have any intention to continue the flame war.

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Well, the chinese players ought to learn what sportsmanship is. Winning is not everything, there is always more than just a game. The first player I can think of is LD, whose bad behavior on the court stains this sport. I just worry he does more harm to badminton than good. Fortunately, we still have other stars like Taufik, Peter Gade, LCW, ...who help so much to promote this sport, sort of offset the damage that LD did.

4. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Your one-dimensional viewpoint simply lack all substance. You simply have a very twisted perception of Chinese players based on too much unsubstantiated claims by people or incidents that may not be interpreted in the right way. What have the Chinese players ever done to you? Have any Chinese player ever been rude to you? Does any specific action justifies labeling Chinese players as rude? With the amount of Chinese players on the circuit, how many REAL incidents do you actually see happen? Let me guess, just Malaysia Open 2006? Would you appreciate if people were to label your entire family/organisation as bad people should you make a mistake?

Most importantly, what other activities of Lin Dan do you know about? You do not even know him at all. Do you have any kind of evidence that he did not help promote the sport? Do you have any statistics or figures to prove that he damaged the sport?

If you do not have any reasonable facts to back your claims, please refrain from making extremely naive, infantile and overly generalised statements against player(s) or their particular nationalities.

5. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    every player has their moments... Taufik and Peter and Lee Chong Wei have all had moments of frustration just as Lin Dan has.

6. beijing2008

beijing2008 Regular Member

how can somebody say that lin dan damages the badminton sport??? only because of his frustration in malaysia?? everybody has his ups and downs. also lin dan is just a human.

but there is no doubt that lin dan is a very particular player. a lot of people really love watching him!! his appearance on court (doing much show) even helps badminton i think ... not to mention his incredible fast game! badminton needs players like him!

7. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Well, just to refresh everyone's mind, I remember seeing LD refuse to wear the warrior head on podium, I also remember seeing LD threw his racquet after losing to LCW....anyway, feel free to make long story to justify his bad behavior, it will not him better or change other's view point on him.

#87 chibe_K, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

One thing you must note.LD is such an emotional tuning fork he's great on TV. We still need little boys for bonus entertainment value.In tennis,eg. Marat Safin 's antics are great to watch except his target has always been the umpire. I'm sure LD's spontaneous outburst at his loss to LCW wasn't intentional and he did not realise the hat was the host's gracious symbolic gesture honouring him as someone of substance.To indicate that it was so, he or China BA needs to apologise.I'm sure MO2006 organisers would be happy to accept.You don't lose face by apologising.You get your face back and restore goodwill. It takes a man to apologise; a boy would run away from it. At 23, LD needs to behave like a man when protocol requires it.
    There's no need for IBF discipline. The apology is overdue. Nonetheless, even if LD lost some fans , he will have enough fans to give him vocal support wherever he plays. So pls, let's move on and not rake this up again.

9. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hey, cool down guys. Go take a ice tea or coffee or whatever. Lets smoke peace pipe together. :p

Since the topic also consist of "...Salute Denmark and England players", can someone post some of their experiences with the Danes and English players. Please, please, please and 100xpleases, post some positive experience.

Unfortunately, I am too old to walk to the players for autograph. I don't want any of them to call me uncle. :p So, I don't have any story to tell.

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Actually Peter Gade is a quite polite player,not quite lar,he is really polite and gentleman.He won't simply throw his tantrum although he lose.:) But there are another player who really bad attitude,Kenneth Jonassan.I heard that he throw out some bad words when he lose.I do no whether is truth or not but he seem not too friendly.:rolleyes: Stop comment about LD,we should give him another chance, i think he really didn't mean to do it.Anyway,he is indeed a very good player.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.