From 'whitewashing' to zero in less than 14 days

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    sorry if i am annoying. kind of troublesome kid that needs clarifications. :eek:
    1. fee - does it cover lodging, meals, transportation for players + others?
    2. again, how many other people that tag along with players to overseas tournament? what is the duty of each individual?
    before i go too off...... and we go too off topic
    please do provide me with correct informations.
    many thanks.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Easy answer....good hotel must have EXPENSIVE FOOD! Remember, players have to buy their own food from their limited daily allowance (at least for INA players), so you can't expect them to use that up for expensive hotel food :eek::rolleyes:

I myself seldom eat in hotel when I am travelling, unless I have to :eek:

#182 badMania, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    err.... that is INA players. how about MAS players...?

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

1. Players are usually given daily allowance . They have to use the small amount of allowance to cover their daily food expenses and other transportation expenses if they want to go sight-seeing on their own. Lodging is paid for by the association which is sending them to compete (BAM, PBSI, KLRC, Djarum, etc). Transportation to and from hotel and stadium is provided by tournament organizer at regular intervals. But, take note that they only provide limited number of buses too. So, if you miss the time, you have to wait for the next schedule.

2. Again it depends, ranging from 1 to unlimited. Usually, there's a team manager who handle the money and liase with the organizers. There's coaches that are in charge of the different disciplines. There's physios, trainers, masseus, etc that will help players if they encounter injury problems before or after the match. Hau-Ge and ants can fill in more information on the specific roles of each official.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just like what badmania and i(in post 167) says....the one that know the detail is ants and hauge....they will be able to answer u question...but for sure....no official will help player buy food...;)

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, even if their allowance is higher than what INA players receive, I don't think they wanna splurge it all on room service??

As LCW said, the players will get bored of the hotel food and they wanna experience outside food. To me, there's nothing wrong with making that kinda statement, but, of course, you have to bear the consequences if the food that you eat is "special" ;)

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Sometimes, players are sent to compete in tourneys without officials too.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Perfectly fine and logical to me because the organizer is the one who arranges for the transportation and the relevant schedules. If the bus can only arrive after dinner time, there's nothing that players and officials can do, unless they wanna go on their own by taxis. But remember, it's always best to go using transportation provided by the organizer, esp in a foreign land.

#189 badMania, Mar 26, 2009
  10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    thanks for the infos.
    LCW as world number 1 with few hundreds thousand of Ringgit Malaysia take the risk of food poisoning rather than special order food in hotel that can provide more hygiene? :eek:
    i always have no objection for MAS players to enjoy themselves while at overseas. i will definitely do that, trust me. but, of course after the important thing, that you need to be there.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Even the ex-World No 1 in tennis, Roger Federer had experienced cases of food poisoning before a major slam, the Australian Open 2008. So, the risk of food poisoning does exist everywhere, not only in India.

#191 badMania, Mar 26, 2009
  12. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    those tennis players have their own manager that will take care of everything except play tennis. will take precaution of food poisoning too. if it still happen, cant blame them so much. but in this case, LCW took the risk of food poisoning. why he takes that kind of risk?

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Another case of food poisoning in the Aussie Open this year: Serena Williams beat Victoria Azarenka by default, despite losing the first set 3-6 and Azarenka was in a superb form in that set. However, the Belarussian player could not continue the match later on as she apparently suffered from some food poisoning too (vomitted all morning). So, lucky Serena...she went on to win the Slam!

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

last check on India open draw, LD, BCL and CJ weren't there. So who's path CL is clearing for?

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

So food poison substance has a time release feature? It comes to effect starting at 2nd set?

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i thot lcw first said food poisoning from takeout food in india...???

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Choong Tan Fook/Chew Choon Eng also suffered from food poisoning prior to the China Open 2004 Final match. Dunno what caused the food poisoning though....but well, China is like India to a certain extent, so, they deserved their plight for not eating hygienic food only :rolleyes:

I guess whenever MAS players are competing outside of MAS, in places like China (Choong/Chew's experience), India (Dato Lee's own experience), Indonesia, Thailand (Boonsak got food poisoning in his hometown, prior to his departure for the MAS SS 2008), Philippines (Seo Yoon Hee got food poisoning while competing in the MVP Cup 2005), and any other countries that are deemed to be "not clean", they have to stick to the rule of "no outside food -- room service only", esp for the rich and loaded Dato Lee ;)

They have to be careful in the planes too...remember...Peter Gade also suffered from food poisoning before his arrival in the MAS SS 2007. Better don't eat at plane to avoid taking the risk of being floored by food poisoning right :D?

The best thing will be for BAM to hire a special nutritionist that will accompany the team whenever they travel. In that way, the guy can prepare the best diet for the team that's free of the risk of food poisoning.

#197 badMania, Mar 26, 2009
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hahahaha, pretty damning stuff.
    However, according to our local guru pjswift, xball, and bolehian, lcw's is WR #1, his technique is superior than LD. That's why lcw had beaten LD 6 times. One camp must be wrong.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

awhhhh, how come you won't let LD help develop him too:confused::crying:
    LOL

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ya, some inconsistency here. LCW thinks some other players likely affected too because they also went out to eat with him. Somehow singles players TTLee, Roslin, Daren Liew, HH, Wei T. Chong, KBeng Khan, S.A. Ayob, Chen Seang Tan, Beng HongKuan, WMChoo have advanced their round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.