Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Whatever they don't win are not big events obviously. Everyone knows Hong Kong Open is ten times more important than WC. Those sponsorship deals and reward money from PBSI/Indonesia government? Peanuts compared to the 30K USD or so from the HKO.

:rolleyes:

j4ckie likes this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or maybe we could follow the trend of some other members in other threads...."They wanted to lose!"

samkool likes this.
  3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    amazing achievement so far but still hope Kevin can perform without the poor sportsmanship mind games.

yamsyams likes this.
  4. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Errr, it's actually the other way around now. Minions are getting 800,000 USD (split in two) yearly just from signing with Yonex alone (a humble number compared to Lin Dan who's getting twice just for himself). Marcus received an apartment in Jakarta and USD 50,000 check from Tangkas for All England 2017. Kevin was paid about $100,000 just to endorse energy gel product energy drink brand from INA, Extra Joss (not to add all the other products commercial he appeared in).

In Indonesia, OG Gold is rewarded 500,000 USD and 2000 USD per month pension upon death (Silver 300,000USD, 1,500 USD pension, Bronze 100,000USD, 1000USD pension) from Government alone. Butet was laughing her way to the bank with her back to back OG 2016 and WC 2017, the bonus shower that she and Owi received were all over the media.

Minions don't get rich just from their BWF prize money but also sponsorship deals, endorsement (in which they represent some well known local brands and products) and government bonus.

#444 badlove, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  5. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

doubt he'll change in the near future...

6. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    http://www.bola.com/ragam/read/2602...owi-liliyana-usai-jadi-juara-di-olimpiade-rio

This article is a breakdown of Olympic bonus Butet received.

1) Government bonus of $1,000,000 split even with Owi without tax.
    2) Club bonus $100,000 for each from Djarum and 65 inch TV.
    3) House from club worth $150,000 for each.
    4) Lifetime airplane ticket from AirAsia on any selected class and destination to choose from 120 countries they serve.
    5) Life Insurance worth $100,000 each from National Bank of Indonesia
    6) Apartment from PBSI worth $150,000 for each.
    7) Lifetime pension worth $2000 per month starting from when they retire to their death.

That's only the big ones, I'm sure there are many smaller ones like from Province Government, sponsors, etc So, Minions I'd say having benefit as an Indonesian players, should win the big events like OG and WC if they want to be filthy rich like Taufik and Butet for the lucrative bonus they could receive.

#446 badlove, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  7. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Ohhh, how I hope that this money is used to build numerous of badminton hall in the other provinces instead

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I support 100% to giving Lifetime pension to Olympic Gold Medal winners. Djarum is flushed with cash; I am sure Djarum Foundation will keep grooming INA talents for a long long time.

9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I also support the pension fund. But I am not a big fan of the other bonuses from the 'government derivatives organization', such as Kemenpora or PBSI, or the clubs. Kinda shows the centralistic system...........
    But it is a difficult matter to be discussed, lets keep it for another time haha

sen likes this.
  10. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Yes man I know all these and totally agree with you. My original post was in response to Yoji who said they don't care about WC.

Thought the :rolleyes: would make it clear but apparently not heh.

badlove likes this.
  11. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Unbelievable. Absolutely Brilliant.

12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    They deserve the fame and fortune as fruit of hardwork. Marcus train with his dad in the weekend and also weight train. They put long hours and hardwork even when everyone else is resting.

13. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    ahh okay got it now haha , yeah I guess they need to win any titles, either bread and butter the likes of SSs or one that guarantee they wont need to lift a finger upon retirement like OG gold ones :)

14. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

it is a matter of the system. I agree that they deserve the fortune, but I doesn't like they way they receive it through bonuses
    I prefer the system used in PBSI is changed to give different salary depending on their achievement.
    So instead of bonus in one achievement, more and more achievement will increase their income as well.
    This system is good since we will have more parameterized achievement-award condition, which will also help other players that are not achieving as much as them to enjoy better income.
    Through bonus system, these other players may have achieved considerably but due to some reasons did not win the big titles, yet they are not appreciated well because they don't get that much bonus.

Yeah. As someone who trained with him together under Kurniahu during elementary school for 3 years, can totally understand that.
    Especially when he continued the hard work at junior high while I focused more on study and slacking off at training :confused::oops:

#454 stanleyfm, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    badlove, melon94 and Cheung like this.
  15. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

My friends met him with the medias during an exhibition match with the Sports Minister and he said, "I don't provoke people, if the opponents stay calm I will also keep quiet. How come you give in to your opponent when he is repressing you"

TheNotorious and badlove like this.
  16. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol, yeah right... watch him do his air shots purposely swinging and missing at shuttles that are going way out and then laughing at his opponents. Those opponents had never provoked him. The world has eyes and can see for themselves...

Sure, some may say it may make the game more interesting, less boring, more expression of emotion, character, blah blah blah...kinda like John McEnroe did for tennis. But Kevin has so much skill that he doesn't need to do it. It's just his nature that can't be suppressed.

#456 visor, Nov 28, 2017
    yamsyams likes this.
  17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd love to see if he'd dare run his mouth and **** to Bodin Issara....certainly doesnt look like he he can do much if he really pisses off the other guy :D
    I also think some players are a bit too well-mannered in that they take great offense at his reprehensible attitude yet still shake his hand afterwards. There were matches where I wouldnt have held it against his opponents to not do that.

visor likes this.
  18. visor

visor Regular Member

I believe Goh VS didn't shake Kevin's hand after the India Open final last year.

Re Issara, it took more than some attitude and mouthing to piss him off... but apparently according to some reports online, some spectators courtside heard Jongjit bring Issara's mother into the discussion, which understandably immediately triggered Issara...

19. TheNotorious

TheNotorious Regular Member

They met at asean games 2015 for the first time. It was a screaming contest.

visor likes this.
  20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

But thats the way Men's Double is played. Its the most stressful, mind gaming and fastest discipline. You need to get your emotions better than the ones across the net.

People are just not happy if they win too many titles. Sore losers. If people are well mannered and win many titles, will they care? They dont even irritatingly shout like Kamura/Sonoda and thats done thousand times more which is so irritating to me. See, people have what they like and what they dont like. so what is classified as right and what is wrong? Life goes on.

Even when everything starts from zero again next year, they will still wont be happy lol.

and yeah Li/Liu was never close to beating KevGid no matter what have happened, look at how Yuchen desperately trying to provoke to no avail to prevent the fourth.

#460 Yoji, Nov 28, 2017