Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

If he's still playing like the last 3 days then fajar would probably gonna outplayed him again. kevin can be so dominant against hendra/zhang nan but somehow always find it difficult to handle fajar at the front.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm simply saying planning ahead is neither good nor bad, morally speaking. I criticize their behavior (usually Kevin's :D) when I think it's unprofessional, but other than that I don't really criticize them - and since they (or, again, more specifically Kevin :D) have quieted down, I don't think I've actually criticized them for a while at all....
    Disagreeing with other users declaring them legendary goats isn't criticizing them ;)

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I dont think Kevin is unprofessional or arrogant. Most of the stuffs are provoked by other people like yesterday, for example. what i said about ugly hearts is also not wrong. in fact, dont tell me that out of so many pairs (31), no one hopes they are injured or etc.

While if Kevin is arrogant then he will have said ' hey , try to chase my 22SS titles in MD' in their face. if he said like that to my face i will be intimidated as badminton player or arrogant. If he said like that to player like Hoki or Choi, lol i wonder what their reaction will be. Honestly, that record will not be caught in MD.

I think he is confident . Havings lots of money helps, imo these days.

4. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Random comment by me,
    sometimes you made some good analysis. The other times, it's hard for me to follow your logic :D
    Like here, what kevin's money has something to do with his antics/confidence on court?

LenaicM, rhoder and wade like this.
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

First you said that those who plan ahead have ugly hearts - which is completely untrue, and will always be so. Then, you _guess_ that other players hope for him to get injured and use that as "proof" of your previous statement. That's not how logic works. That's not how proof works. That's not how any of this works.
    Also, that guess of yours shows once again how little you understand of competitive sport (at least amongst decent human beings). I've never encountered a single player who wished for another one to get injured, no matter how much they disliked them. I certainly never felt that way. Even when people were close to insulting each other on the court, the second someone got injured it was forgotten and they felt bad for the injured party.
    In all honesty, it really seems like you project a lot of your feelings and values onto the players, such as your fixation on money. Just a guess, no reason to get upset about it, might just as well be completely wrong.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

im not saying all, but there will be some. Its inside the hearts, there is no saying out loud. hearts of human beings are futile.

7. sen

sen Regular Member

Not so sure what is the amount you are referring too. But some badminton players in Indonesia and Malaysia are rich, not from the prize money but from doing advertisement and others. Koo Kien Keat is quite rich despite only won All England and maybe some other open tournament

Kevin and Jonathan(yes, not Gideon) are doing many advertisement recently.

In India, Saina also earned a lot from non-prize money. Sindhu recently got big amount by winning World Championship(of course WC does not have prize money at all)

Yoji likes this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just re watched the video of last night's match and previous ones.

I wonder if Kevin was struggling with his forehand, probably why he went a lot with soft blocks rather than his usual aggressive approach and rarely smashed? He smashed hard only at the last point yesterday.

Marcus is wearing a tape too. For precaution, I hope.

Anyway, it's gonna be a tough match to survive today for minions. All the best.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think many people is wearing a tape on their wrists, Huang Yaqiong also and another one this morning. Maybe it feels better.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Not all the time. I don't remember Marcus wearing one in WC.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Ah LiJunhui also uses that. I think he has wrists injury before.

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Okay, no dilly dally by minions. They didn't give any breath space at all to Fajar/Rian, good tactic. Phew..
    Too fast, no replays, didn't know what happened half of the time G1.
    Another final for minions vs Ahsan/Hendra. This is not a slow hall, if they could keep their form like today, they would win it tomorrow.

WC silver medalists, the pair that defeated them in WC, WC bronze medalists, and it's WC gold medalists tomorrow.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

14. wade

wade Regular Member

Don't know what happen with fajar/rian, just too easy for minions.

Pretty confident they'll take the title tomorrow especially since ahsan are still injured.

15. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Good job minions!!
    The new jersey will make its debut at the podium tomorrow :)

16. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Fajar/rian are too one dimensional, can't change/adapt their playing style. in the first game they're getting outplayed in the flat game, what did they do in the second game ? challenge minions in the flat game again :D well at least the scoreline are better in the second game :D

17. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

If they win the title tomorrow it will be their 23rd SS/Super500++ title right ?

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes. Which means 13 to go to chase LYD record.

19. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Sooo...where are we gonna talk about the China Open Final? :confused:

rhoder likes this.
  20. Pampimpum

Pampimpum New Member

Nice photo isn’t it? Just waiting for wahde to improve and got into top ten, then it would be perfect. Wahde are already good technically, not that different with fajri. but maybe they have some mental block, or just extremely unlucky. Heh.
    Coach herry’s dream is to get Ina MD for wr 1,2,3,4. It’s already half done, right? Although the road still long and rough, Hope fajri and wahde would deliver!