Goh V Shem / Lim Khim Wah

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ngkt67, Jun 8, 2013.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh! the title contender lost,must be in final:cool:

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

They must have focused too much on shopping for the latest fashion!

Losing to BoMo is ok but they should have beaten the Jap pair in German Open surely !

3. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant

the last game was a joke..giving the points away easily
    losing focus ...at least point to point level fight and show some fighting spirit!!
    the excuse with reason after losing the match was a disappointed ones...remind me of KKK excuses

4. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

You guys expect this pair win against Bo/Mo? Seems to me you guys are the one who is a joke. Not sure whether delusion or brain malfunction. :rolleyes:

5. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    It's still early for Goh/Lim to join the big guns in major tournaments. They should have join the lower league to gain more experiences. That's why the Japanese and Thais are better players now.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

You mean they can't beat BoMo like they did in MOpen???

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

their ranking (currently no.15) will be enough to play any GPG, SS and SSP already, unless they are out of top 30 rank...

8. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Going downhill!? Ha ha, they are only at the foothills now.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I don't think they are egoistic, I think they know they are underdogs going into SS but fortunate to win MO14. Too bad that Pang and media made them bigger than they are, making them the new real deal to replace KKK/TBH, and when they start upping public expectations they really put a foot into their mouth and the foot is still stucked there very d-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t to pull out:D
    They should have pulled a WMC, really happy to win CO and humble at that same time. No one picked on WMC, and still that CO that WMC won which was her only SSP is perhaps the toughest tournament to win for the ROW, with so many CHN entries and right at the lion's den, going through the CHN wall. Even LCW cannot win CO despite 50+ SS trophies.
    As for HTH, that is his body size, some people are born that way, as long as he is fit, so what?
    I recall Zheng Bo and Zhang Jun, both are not skinny chaps, when these 2 chaps smashed, you can hear 'thunder' in the arena, and when they do jump smash, you can see footprints on the court surfaces...okay, I exaggerate a bit here:p

10. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Do you know what age the china top pair start wining all the major tournaments?
    based on Goh/Lim age at this stage...it a bit late now...

1st game tough fight but the later games ..lost focus...do the excuses sound fammillar to anyone here?
    u accept such saying?

11. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT

There is a M'sia saying, "Jaguh Kampung". Only wins at home. :D

12. yyeeing

yyeeing Regular Member

then you better clarify to BAM, the Malaysia open 14 is a JOKE. (since they win BOMO)

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ha!how can someone going downhill when he isnt on the top?:rolleyes:

14. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Yes. 100%. Don't believe it ? You are hallucinating.

I don't see the connection. The joke lies on ppl who believe this pair can consistently going semis or winning a title.

P/S : Earth to people ! Do you copy ?!

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Perhaps BAM concentrated too large of their resources on some other pairings within BAM. As far as I am aware, it's up to the association who has final say on which tournaments players go to.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    There are many pro players that played entire career in BAM without winning anything, LKW/GVS could have been one of them and for them to win MO SS, at least there is 1 trophy to show for, I am glad for them. They are the underdogs in BAM, IMO the players we should support.
    They are young and with fans, media and their coach heaping praises onto them it could go to their head. Please be kind with words...it is not that they have won 50+ SS like the Sultan of SS hogging all the overseas playing opportunities. They do not have the priviledge like KKK/TBH who were pampered with so many playing opportunities, year after year, and even when KKK/TBH kept failing, they got another and another and another chances.

18. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    [h=2]Sole survivors Goh-Lim out to defend title[/h]BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]Goh V Shem (right) and Lim Khim Wah earned a hard fought win over Indonesia's Gideon Markus Fernaldi-Markis Kido in the semi-finals. - ABDUL RAHMAN EMBONG / The Star

PASIR GUDANG: Shuttlers Lim Khim Wah-Goh V Shem will seek to maintain their one-year domination at home by defending the men’s doubles title in the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold tournament at the Pasir Gudang Municipal Stadium on Sunday.

Their opponents in the final will be high-riding Singaporeans Danny Bawa Chrisnanta-Chayut Triyachart.

In order to pull off the feat, the Malaysians will have to play far better than what they dished out in a lethargic semi-final victory against third seeds Gideon Markus Fernaldi-Markis Kido on Saturday.

Khim Wah-V Shem flirted with danger before sealing an 18-21, 21-18, 21-17 win in a drab 57-minute match that could have gone either way. The Malaysians should have nicked the opening game after confidently marching into a 13-8 lead. Instead, they got sluggish and the Indonesians seized the opportunity to steal the opener.

Nothing much changed in the second and rubber games as both pairs continued to pull off brilliant shots, and then giving away easy points.

Fortunately, Markis was the most inconsistent of the lot – and Khim Wah-V Shem did just enough to win a ticket to the final.

Khim Wah admitted that it was a weak performance.

“We got off well but made mistakes towards the tail-end of the first game. We got slightly distracted after that,” said Khim Wah.

“We tried to clear our mind and regain our focus ... fortunately, we did enough to win it.”

V Shem admitted that they will have to be consistent in the final today to stand a chance of winning.

“We are the only Malaysians left in the tournament and we know what the fans want ... we do not want to disappoint them. We want to continue doing well on Malaysian soil by winning our third Open title at home,” said V Shem.

Last year, the duo won the Malaysian Open GP Gold at Juara Stadium. In January, they delighted the fans by winning the Malaysian Open Superseries Premier at the same venue.

Meanwhile, there was no joy for Malaysia’s women’s doubles when Lim Yin Loo-Lee Meng Yean lost 17-21, 17-21 to China’s juniors Ou Dongni-Xiong Mengjing in the semi-finals.

19. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I take Goh and Lim to win .. I think they confirm win against Singapore tonight.!

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

A shock defeat by Singapore pair (qualifier) is unexpected for the whole Malaysian fans... their coach sure sound them cukup cukup till vomit white blood...