HSBC BWF WORLD Tour Finals 2021 (Bali, 1-5 December) : Group Stage - Final

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Nov 29, 2021.

1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

So if the Thai's pair will become top 1 next week, so that it's the first time in xx years, China didn't have anyone who was top 1 of the table.

2. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    What a disappointing match this WS final have been so far.

3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well apparently we have a just flashy player just like every other player that had come out of Gopi's academy.

4. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Hat-trick for An Seyoung. Congratulations to her! Makes her a major contender for the upcoming World Championships.

Baddie lover likes this.
  5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

PVS was schooled by ASY, wasn’t she? It appears to be a total mismatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  6. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Labeling Sindhu as flashy would be the wrong thing to do in my opinion but yes, it's high time she starts performing consistently and set new targets. We have had enough of this "big match player" thingy.
    As for the flashiness, too many distractions once you start having a little success in India. Must be hard to keep oneself grounded. Very few can do that.

Woesi and backhand_slice_drop like this.
  7. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Hmm, it's been a long time we've been saying this. I tell you if she wins another WC medal or OG medal, things will again go on the same. Fans will be happy but once World Tour starts and she shows uninspiring performance, we'll be like she should perform here too. I toh don't expect anything of her in tour.

8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Dude, I am being sarcastic (in a jovial way), our friend @mohans passed this judgement on Gopi's academy "Looks like Gopichand academy is trying to produce only flashy players, not champions". I felt that statement was too much of a generalization to make even if we a frustrated with KS and MS.

I know he made that comment out of genuine concern, please take this as a light hearted sarcasm only.

#308 Sumanth99, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  9. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    I mean expecting not because she's representing India but it's natural to expect from someone of her calibre to win titles here and there apart from the major competitions. I don't remember any other player who has a similar case like PVS. I think wining og gold will still be huge but wining another medal at world championships wouldn't be considered as a major feat for PVS anymore, atleast not for me.

As for An Seyoung, she's looking so stable in what she's doing on the court and barring any physical limitations, it will be difficult for others to beat her so others should really watch out for her.

10. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Even if you're saying it in all seriousness I respect your opinion :p It's not a completely false statement, atleast not for the other players we have had so far.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kobayashi playing like peak Yuta

12. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If she can win AE that should be enough, Asian Games is also an important milestone to achieve

13. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Hoki & Kobayashi are on a roll. Seems like they have been winning a lot of tournaments lately. Congratz to them!

I never imagined Japan would have a replacement for Endo & Watanabe this fast after the Olympics that could beat the minions. But I guess they do now.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It was not to be for the Minions as Takuro Hoki/Yugo Kobayashi triumphed for the 2nd time in 3 weeks in 3 sets: 21-16, 13-21, 21-17.
    The INA pair had a 11-6 lead at the first set but they squandered that lead after the interval break. They also trailed 1-6, and then 8-11, only to overturn the situation 15-14. But at 16-16, the last 5 pts were crucial and the Japanese was more clinical and won 5 out of the last 6 pts.

The World Championships will pit these 2 pairs again in the QF and the INA pair better prepare themselves well in the next week to have a chance of even progressing to the SF.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

With 3SS, they could yet be the best MD from Japan ever , which to me belongs to KamuraSonoda. But even them only has 5SS, so suddenly its not a high bar to achieves.

Could be the first MD from Japan to earn OlympicMedal in 2024. This right and left combo is a killer now that they are up there.

16. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

TTY, CYF, HBJ, CM to name a few who can normally send ASY packing haven't been around lately.

ASY had a good run in Bali, but it's an artificial circumstance that won't last forever.

Woesi likes this.
  17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Replace HBJ with NO

18. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Yeah he's in a real slump right now. Considering the Chinese are not around to take them out at Semifinal stages (like they usually do), Yuta/Arisa should have won at least 1 title here in Bali but failed to do so. I'm OK with them losing to the Thais but the second set was so embarrassingly bad, that I think they need to go back to the drawing board to deal with the Thais.

Yoji likes this.
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The INA pair better hope that Huang Kai Xiang/Liu Cheng or Lu Ching Yao/Yang Po Han can beat the Japanese in R32 and R16 of the World Championships.

20. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

It's the first MD of Japan win WTF/SSF