Indonesia Open 2006 FINAL (04/06)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by badMania, Jun 3, 2006.

1. loanduong85

loanduong85 Regular Member

Is it true score?

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I will write some reports...but no photos as my digicam is broken :crying:
    Loh and ants will take those nice pics....hehe :D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

well, other than that 1 close call, how do you know the result will differ??...it was a close call and a fairly fought match...try putting yourself in that linesperson who made the call...:rolleyes:
    it always comes down to blaming the linesmen and putting excuse on home cooking etc., which i've highlighted the comment i put in bold..sigh..:p
    BTW, mind explaining your last sentence?? how is that feasible to have IO in a "clear environment"??...:rolleyes:
    yeeees, it is the true score...;)

#163 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  4. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Nah... let's quote the usual BCL was injured, tired, etc... afterall, Taufik fans always use it.

5. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    No more stupid line calls against Bao in singapore (i hope so). This is the 2nd time he got a line call against him. The first one is when he played against Simon in QF. I'm afraid there won't be Chinese player in Indonesia Open. Just like what they do every Korea Open. 3 line calls against Chinese players when facing Indonesians. It is really dissapointing for a 6* tournaments. One of the linesman even changed his decision (during Taufik vs Chen Yu). It was really dissapointing, no wonder Bao looked like that after the final match. Anyway, two thumbs up for Taufik, he played well today.

6. iceberg

iceberg Regular Member

come one don't be a sore loser..:) you win some you lose some.. i think both players play very good today..

7. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    yea... i agree with u... both of them play well...

8. sugar_free

I agree with you... Bao could return most of taufik's powerful smashes, which most player couldn't... And taufik's nettings were almost perfect... It was a really great match...

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yes, i can see that he has a good feel of Taufik's smashes..add to that his lanky physique, which really helps him a lot to cover the court..which leads to your comment below for Taufik's counter-answer..
    IMO, that was *the difference* today..It's gotta be "perfect" and his ability to do it consistently and effectively...For example, in many instances, esp. in the 1st set, when Taufik was trailing, he used that shot quite a few times in a row to bring himself back in the match after trailing...and it was Taufik's netplay which threw off BCL's rhythm a bit in the latter half of the 1st set and in the 2nd half...
    You complement that tight-net shot technique with his smashes and that's a deadly combo, because both shots complement each other..:rolleyes:

#169 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  10. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    I watched the match, Bao really has a killer smash and a very good defence, but a bit sucky in netting. I thought the last call scould be out and they could go for the rubber. That way the game would be more exciting you know. Hearth killer... Fiuh... Good jobs for both players

11. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    poor bao. was hoping he could win a big one.. but then again he's up against taufik in his favorite tourney. congrats taufik. nice to see you win again.

12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

The tournament official looked unproffesionally, I little disagree IO 2006 held in this place.
    Some years ago, The stadium was dark when Taufik & Chen Hong played in Final.
    Bad line calls, cancelling of umpire decision also court moving (Lu Lan match in Quarter Final) was happened in this year.
    PBSI must find other place beside Jakarta, maybe in new Djarum Hall ??

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well done Taufik. In general, it is not easy to beat the local tournament due to the local support available. Singapore open should be more even sided, however, the top players are not in this tournament. What a shame. See you guys in singapore!
    rgds

14. sugar_free

The umpire is fine, but the linesmen sux:mad: ... how come they changed their decision... Should be in Jakarta. The new Djarum Hall is really huge. But i prefer in Jakarta, so I could watch every single match in istora...:D

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, they said the same thing abt last yr's WC in Anaheim(eventhough it's a "neutral" court for most of the top competitors>>>TOO MUCH A/C draft coming out into the court etc.2
    New Djarum Hall sounds nice(cos it's brand new), but it's still in Indonesia and they will still have home cooking...

16. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    please,
    respect taufik ! :)
    he has played well today and will continue to singapore open 2006, anyone who saw the match should agree with me :)

17. sugar_free

I respect taufik, but don't you think singapore open will be different with indo open? This is Indonesia, but next week it will be in Singapore with more players competing, it will be a bit harder for Taufik... Besides, Bao would want a revenge:D ... Lets just hope his wife will support him in singapore, he always do his best everytime she's there:D , except in Thomas Cup...

18. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    which one we should respect taufik or taufik-ist, sounds similar....just kidding....Congrats to TH !!! Bao was just unlucky.
    Regarding the bad call, it also happened in China (Sudirman Cup) when TH played against LD, I still remember that. TH should have closed the 1st set but the linesman blew it out. I think God returns his luck.

19. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Not only his wife. He'll (TH) do his best when lots of pretty girls support him..... hehehehe....

20. sugar_free

Well, life is not fair for Bao... It should be Lin Dan who got that bad call:D ...