Indonesian Open: MS

Discussion in 'Singapore / Indonesia / Malaysia Open 2003' started by whizkelv, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Yeah, go Wu!!!

But Taufik looks like he's suddenly taken a sip of Popeye's spinach! Beating the likes of Bao and Lee with ease.

The good thing is unlike Bao and Lee, Wu can go into the match thinking he's got nothing to lose, that he shouldn't even have made this far. That will be his one advantage.

2. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Agreed Loh, I was just joking. Support is indeed important, but players must have the right approach. If they view themselves as being under pressure, then chances are they will most certainly buckle. On the other hand, if they are positive, then it will become a morale booster.

Choong and Lee were once touted as the fastest and sharpest pair in the world when they just emerged. But somehow, after a few promising years, "fastest" became "fattest". I am very very sad that they did not make full use of their prime years. Now, at the twilight of their careers, I sincerely wish them all the best. If they believe in themselves, they can reverse their fortunes and bring back those years they have lost.....and the olympics beckons.

People make mistakes, but if they learn and come out stronger, then that is a true champion.

3. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

They may be called as veterans now, but at the age of 28, I think they can still play few years of good badminton provided that they have the right attitude.
    Micheal Soogard, who just quited recently, was still among the best doubles players at the age of 30.

4. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

On neutral ground, I will put my money on Wu!
    We need new players like him to make the game more lively!!:D

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not the type of support that would be expected from a leader. Should we not congratulate them on their recent improvements and encourage them to maintain the improvement rather than treat them with disdain?

Taufik looks good for a win in my books...Even though he hasn't done well in WC/OC, well, every Indonesian wants to win the Indonesian Open:)

6. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

Taufik swallowed Wu YY convincingly 15-8, 15-5.
    Wu simply had no answer for Taufik's steady play coupled with shouts from fanatic Indonesian fans.

So, it's gonna be a tough time for Chen Hong tomorrow, if he aims to tame Taufik.:rolleyes: