LCW's Fourth Malaysia Title

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Blurry D, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Can LCW be the defending champion???

For now LCW is the only Malaysian left in MS.I hope that it will be his fourth title this time round as the TH and LD is out.LCW should pretty much able to handle the remaining players. I know that LCW has not been very much in form.i hope that he reagain his confidence and form.From what i can see he has beaten most of the remaning players.

I hope that LCW will not repeat what happend Madrid . Spain 2006. LCW cannot afford that. As for me i feel that BCL is not a threat to LCW.In terms of technique and skill.LCW is ahead.

However, I really hope that LCW's mental form is stronger this time round.

All the best to you LCW!!!!!

Majulah Sukan Untuk Negara!!!!

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

it'll be interesting to see if he can get past BCL, and most likely CH as i fancy he'll beat CJ. then whoever comes out of the top half, which is looking very light at the moment.

3. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Oh yes i really hope that LCW does not have any mental breakdown.Luck is really on his side...

4. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Doesn't BCL usually beat LCW?

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    eerm...LCW has an 8:1 record over BCL i think

6. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    hahhahahahhahahah...recorn 8-1..:) it'll be 8-2 today..so...:cool:

7. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    No LCW must with this one...He has an upper hand over BCL and he should not lose this...His track record has been good against BCL..he must at least play hard and win over BCL and eventually the title..The 2 giants are out LCW should be able to handle it.Come on he is on his own ground...

8. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i think BCL can't beat LCW this time..
    LCW has prepared thoroughly especially its his home event and his intention to win it a record 4th straight win in his career...
    he can make it... he has a good record against BCL so its BCL who needs an upper hand to crack down LCW....
    meanwhile if he is goin to meet CH, i probably think he can make it too... 60-40 i would say in favour of LCW as LCW's game has been quite good..
    hafiz managed to drag CH to rubber set so LCW might runaway with it.....

cheers...

9. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    nway,good luck 2 LCW..All d Malaysian will owez support him..;)
    Malaysia boleh!!!

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is ready to win and I can imagine after LD lost to Park last night his coach Li Mao would have said jestingly : "this is yours again old son".

Everyone was grinning from ear to ear after LD lost and even WCH was all fired up and ready to go with the pressure off. He did a fantastic job even tho going down to Chen Jin. What a night and "yours truly" was cheering him on amongst the thousands there.

The slight tinge of disappointment was when KBH was outclassed --- I am feeling sorry for this guy coz he takes forever to learn the ropes in badminton. He is slow for a young guy who should have responded quickly --- his game was really just reacting to BAO, who taught him a lesson in speed and agility. For me, it was totally a below par performance - he simply does not know how to play BAO (nor anyone else sometimes).

As for Farizizuan/Lin, our Malaysian doubles pair, they were like juveniles (in fact they look like that -- small and weak last night). They were lobbing the shuttle so much for the unknown Japs to kill them easily. They are going to the "sin bin" after this, as far as everyone is concerned. Over-rated.

The other pair Bin Sheng/Soon Hock were outstanding -- they play tight badminton all night long to get the result. Rexy was jubilant -obviously the plan worked. I have seen this kind of play worked well for KKK/TBH, playing tight strokes with not a lot of high lobs for easy kills. The Chinese did not know what hit them -- I am pretty they are regretting everything they did last night but the long and short of it, they could not have done anything against the Malaysian pair, who were just superb. And of course, and of course, and of course, there were the thousand of cheering hearts which would have been an injustice if the Chinese had turned out the winners.

Tonight, we wait for the big knockout -- that of LCW knocking out BAO. This will turn out to be sizzler --- go there early if you do not want to be disappointed. I am pretty sure it will be standing room only.

#10 X Ball, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  11. darenong

darenong Regular Member

my prediction is that lcw might just win bcl straight game .... bcl cant cope up with lcw's attack format ..... and bcl's strategies is lcw's practice formalities ... hahah a bit too much .... ull see a lot of attacking points from lcw instead of bcl's strategies point .... anyone think so ? or not ???

12. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Its not hard to understand why theres such a pressure on a guy like LCW's shoulders when you watch this thread and the comments;) .

To say that the MO is as good as hes and that no one can threat him is a huge mistake. Maybe LCW has an edge over BCL but its not in skills, Bao is pure skills and is a unique chinese since he doesnt play such a powerminded single like for example LD and CH does. Bao's big hurdle is his mental strengh and some speed else its a pleasure to watch him. CH, CJ, PG, KJ and Chen Yu stand a good chance in beaten him also and some of these have positive head to head against LCW. Ofc he got a home crowd but he might also face 3 chinese warriors on hes way to the final. So take it one step at a time :)

13. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Bin Sheng/Soon Hock was awesome man.. I agree with X Ball. When i was there watching the game last night it the tactical plan was a mirror image of KKK/TBH. That is do less clear but drive every shot, attack at every opportunity as possible. The game was amazing. Cai and Fu really lost it back there..they really did not know what hit them...

My wish is that LCW would grab the MS and KKK/TBH to grab the MD..

However KKK and TBH would have another hurdle that is Kido/Setiawan.They are pretty formidable.Though KKK/TBH has won over MK/HS in Doha.i am sure they would buck up.However, I predict that KKK/TBH should win over them if they keep to the pace and strategy that Rexy has mapped out.Rexy seem to be able to read the games pretty well.

The next 2 days are going to be exciting.

14. tjl_vanguard

Student
    the next 2 days goin to be exciting??? i think it'll hit like a tsunami attack haha

15. tjl_vanguard

Student
    probably i think KKK/TBH can grab the MD title.... while MS is still wide open... PGC, KJ, LCW, CH, BCL

16. darenong

darenong Regular Member

if lcw wins this open he truly deserve it ... having to beat equally strong opponents to claim the title ...

17. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, i think it could be anyone's. bao could spring a surprise as taufik did to lin dan in asiad games. though i sincerely hope LCW will make it through and go on to win the thing. may the best player tonight wins. pay attention that i said best player TONIGHT and not the best player. both could take the match.

18. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I guess the this tread ends here. All my hope are in vain and there is nothing i can do about it. LCW better do well in the next few opens...I am very very dissapointed....sighhhh

what do you guys think the match went?

19. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    well....disappointment for me as well....he had such a good chance to retain the title as his main rival LD crashed out....but mistake after mistake caused him to lose to BCL...a player which previously he had no problem beating.....well....everybody loses as proven in the tournament

20. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Malaysian Open are having some really unexpected wins and losses!!! So weird my predictions are all out and i am getting pretty annoyed.