Lee Chong Wei is out!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by badders2006, Aug 14, 2009.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    just for that, LD will add SDK to his head to head record against SDK:p

2. lalalee

lalalee Regular Member

Just watched the game. Both players were played well in the first 2 sets.
    It looked like LCW became more tentative and nervous as the game drew on while Sony seemed more relax and was hitting those confident winners.
    I get this feeling that LCW lost it mentally in game 3 due to the pressure of wanting to land a major title. It's those self induced pressure which led to an eventual collapse.

3. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    go to Maldives then practice baddy with jaws and whales? oh, and mermaids??? yeah right!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's why la Jon, you need to read a lot... how to cut phone calls when at home, he got datukship ma... expected to answer phone calls from various parties with influences.... no excuse... you know, when you in korea, Malaysia's local network providers wont be able to contact your local number cos, ehem, the hp in korea has built in sim card... like in Japan... you need to rent one if you wanna use hp for calling during your trip... I'm not sure if gprs is working there but the last time I went there, my hp and sim card were totally useless... so, in conclusion, he definitely successful in cutting off all the phone calls while in korea... he got good excuse also to back him up for denying those calls:D:p (dunno if this true la but he did mention his hp was more quiet and he could focus in training... but yeah he lost anyway:eek:)

Fair? always? no lah... but press is press... we know how they works la... at times the players also must be responsible of their actions (like when they lost...) that's why press is being harsh on them when they lose... like i said bitter to accept cos we hope so much of them... press are often exaggerating but you need to read beyond that exaggeration to get only the main points which they need, before they could write the whole news and exaggerate... :p

#103 eRa@에라, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Again, the 'incident' happened clearly stated that DLCW is still not the best badminton player in the world currently. His No.1 seat is not because of his capabilities, but hardworking. This is same with the WD's pair - CEH/WPT.

Losing a game is not something shameful. But as World's No.1 player, you should have done better in the tournament, especially in Major Championship like WC.

Beating NTM is nothing, because he is not in the same level with DLCW. But the fans is absolutely delighted about the 'achievement'.

Again, the match against SDK shows us that DLCW's mentality problems - a problems that haunted BAM and MAS players for years.

But, MAS will be able to win the title if not next year, next next year, and years to come....no worries.

5. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    ya la uncle.. top CHN brigade not there every winner is actually loser:p:D

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Now here...

are you trying to be a bad press here by manipulating my words????? You just love it don't you, bad press all the way... that's why you and I are different... you see things one sided ... grow up then you'll have better understanding of what I really mean... not some trash understanding as stated above.... and I have resolved this issue with Nick, case closed...:cool:

#106 eRa@에라, Aug 14, 2009
  7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Correct. The absent of CHN player makes difference. Not like Singapore players ('foreign talented players'), participate or not, makes no difference.

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I wonder which party/ authority is responsible for the paid of expense on the 10-days holidays to Korea............

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Another aftermath of LCW's loss..

..wow, X Ball, i guess you didn't mind Sony winning over LCW...Sounds like you're at peace with yourself over LCW's loss..Did you see this coming??..
    ..in that 2007 WC edition, it was the first time Sony had ever played in a Final Rd. of a major tourney. I could tell from his body language that he wasn't ready for it. He tried his best in the 2nd game to force a 3rd game but came up short.
    ..there's always something called "extra motivation(s)"..;)

Btw, thanks to those who've shared what they saw on tv. Sounds like an exciting match; hope it'll be up soon on the video sharing section.:cool:

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    LCW has an Olympic Silver Medal, but note that Sony has an Olympic Bronze Medal and Sony has gone to the World Championship finals too... he is faarrr from being a pushover... :cool:

LCW went to Korea for 10 days or so to prepare for this tournament... Sony also spent around 10 days or so in Surabaya to prepare for his wedding... :p I think the Surabaya trip was apparently more beneficial... :p Maybe Sony's time with his new bride 'relaxes' him a lot :p

....I personally saw that Sony loves and appreciates his wife a lot... it is very possible she is the kind of wife that can lift her husband's competitive spirit... ;) :cool: If so, then I hope to see Sony's career prosper even more from now on! :cool:

11. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    Spoilers man, please don't put match results in the forum thread title, I was going to surf badminton video sharing to see some latest videos.

Would really have liked to see SDK vs LCW without knowing the results beforehand...

Gross.

12. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    It's a standard operating procedure here, man... new threads come popping out of nowhere due to match results... :p

Cos we are updating live from the court! kekeke... Video sharing will come much later... :D

#112 eRa@에라, Aug 14, 2009
  13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Back in WC 2007 when Xie XF lost to Wong MC, I lived up to my words and changed my log-in name to bananakid from bananaboy. Now let see if this dude will live up to his own words:

Nope, apparently not... since he already posted in this thread. Loser...:mad:

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think it is time LYD-JJS get their World Championship title in MD... :cool: The MAS players might stand on the podium, but not on the top podium...

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I never heard X Ball opened his/her lips at all. He/she just wrote using his/her fingers while not opening any lips.. ;)

16. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    LOL... picking on words, aren't you. haha:p

So, in that case, is he going to undergo a lips-sealing surgery to live up to his words then?:cool:

17. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Same here. That should be a good match to watch without knowing the result. :eek:

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Still a possible upset here........from SDK or TH....;)

19. panasonic_chai

panasonic_chai Regular Member

well im not trying to be a wet blanket
    but even if LCW prevails over SDK, i don think he can get thru LD
    and its not to say LD is a better player but its just tat LD knows how to defeat LCW

i believed over the months training, LD concentrated on LCW gameplay becoz they view him as the main challenger
    and now tat LCW is out, i do believe SDK has higher chance to beat LD
    we will see it today

there is also TH tat is very capable of putting a stop to LD supremacy if SDK failed as i think CJ is not able to get the better of TH(TH seems to be in good form for this WC)

well if could be an all indonesian final from wat i feel.
    anyway may the best player wins.. and keep the sportmanship

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Dato A,........thats really hurt lah............dont be like that mah...! :D