Lee Chong Wei should apologise

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by hsengsping, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I believe should Msia aspire to progress, then no player can be made bigger than the game itself. If LCW quit now, so be it. Yes, we may suffer a while but let it be known that no player hold the nation at ransom.

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I agree to looks for future is a positive mindset.. However, the OG is less than a year away.. LCW should not abandon his home nations & quit at this critical time..

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    if LCW were to quit MS, MAS MS will seriously be weakened...

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, very true BUT we cant allow one player to hold the country at ransom. No one is above or bigger than the game.

dunker likes this.
  5. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian

Thats spot on, no one person should be bigger then badminton as a sport.

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    that is, like dunker said, very true, but why are we all bashing LCW just because of this tournament? How would YOU feel in his shoes? Sometimes we are just so inconsiderate and forget players are humans not machines that make mistakes.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Don't exaggerate. He's not holding the country at ransom. No, he is not bigger than the game of badminton, but his wrong-doing is also not big enough to warrant quitting the team.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Huh? Sorry, no intention to undermine you. Just trying to give another perspective by quantifying pressure.

9. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Umm... arn't malaysians making too much fuss about LCW. He isn't really that good. Both LD and TH are clearly a couple of levels above LCW.

In the case of LD it goes without saying, as I've lost count how many times he has owned LCW, as he almost toys with him, although in MO he was over confident in stretching out the game, as playing 3 sets is a bad habit of LD.

While in the case of TH, it depends on if he has prepared well enough. When his game is on LCW is almost helpless.

LCW is really realistically competing against BCL, CY, CJ, LHI, SDK, SS and PG, and it seems obvious to me already that Chen Jin is better than LCW.

LCW isn't going to ever win the WC unless a good few of those players are absent. So even if LCW quits (which I hope he doesn't) the badminton scene isn't going to change very much.

What major titles has LCW won? OG? WC? AE? AG? Did he ever get to the finals of any of those majors???

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Am not exaggerating. Am just responding to vching's comments that should LCW quit the game, MAS will suffer. You just need to scroll back and read a little and try to understand. :rolleyes:

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

First of all, we are not bashing LCW. We need to set aside our frail egos and not call out 'bashing' every time we find a discussion not to our liking.

Secondly, I was responding to your comments about if LCW quit, MAS will suffer.

Thirdly, on your question about me being in LCW's shoes. Well, if thats the case (me being in his shoes), I will not shift the blame to YKH. I will look at why I fail rather than point the blame elsewhere.

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

SendspaceMax likes this.
  13. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

LCW's skills is just as good as LD except....

Agreed mostly with your assesment with regards to Lin Dan and LCW.

Lee Chong Wei does have a potent attack, his cross court jump smash (aimed at either forehand/backhand) which is deceptively powerful coming from a scrawny player like him. Whereas Lin Dan is bigger than Chong Wei hence his jump smash is percieved to be more powerful.

Lee Chong Wei CAN retrieve Lin Dan's jump smash most of the time whereas Lin Dan is not so successful. The only technical advantage Lin Dan have over Chong Wei is his over the head smash which is almost as powerful as his jump smash. But Lin Dan has a big edge in mental toughness hence edge = Lin Dan.

14. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    good observations...

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    LCW is not a celebrity.When he made a statement ,he's not trying to create any controversy.his statement on YKH is something unneccesary,yes,i agree.but that was not LCW's intention.He made a mistake in court and outside court (in WC) but please keep supporting him.
    he's always do the best for us,the malaysian fans,but we are not always be with him .
    When he beat LD,we eulogize as he is a legend,now he is going through his hard time,just be with him,cant we?

16. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

First of all, if the above are not bashing. I would call them name calling or worse.
    I can scroll back and look for more if you guys want, but let's not bother.
    If anyone should quit, don't you think the whole badminton squad should be quit before LCW? Since they can't even beat the "so shitty player LCW that you guys hate so much". Not even close.
    Seriously how convenient to blame the players and everything. That makes you holier than LCW that blame his coach? Did you shed you frail egos before everyone?

Secondly, all he trying to point out is simply no one is better than LCW for the man single in malaysia. So unless you beat his ass on the court, he is still above you, not BAM. In other words, he is no above BAM, but BAM need him badly. Try a little harder next time trying to confuse other with you above-the-BAM accusation.

Thirdly, you will never in his shoes because you can never beat the irresponsible-blame-on-coach-chicken-****-lcw. You can't even be in Hafiz or Kuan Beng Hong shoes. You are even more pathetic here.(me included)
    Now dont be mad at me first, but hey if that's the case, you should not shift the blame to others and start to think why you can't be the national top player represent us in the World Championship?

My point is, if the millions of us here can't even beat the childish LCW that mentally so so so weak, and thus resulting him representing us Malaysia and play badly in the international arena. Shouldn't we start to think why can't we play ourself instead of blaming on LCW?

I was embarrass of LCW losing himself but I am totally shame by seeing the reaction of the so called "Malaysian fans".

Look at England football team, fans put very high hopes on them winning, they fail in countless world cup and euro cup, but they still got their fans support. People still cheering on Lampard even he play badly and missed the penalty.

#96 V3i HoN6, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Totally agree...I always said all baddy players are heroes to pursue this game, with the rewards so meagre and the training so hard, to make the nations proud and most importantly, has to face cynical and cry baby fans all the time...hahaha!!!

18. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Actually England fans are pretty sick of the England team, most supporters I've spoken to wants Lampard to leave to better accomodate Gerrard and Hargreaves.

Nobody here is saying that they can beat LCW, only that his attitude was a little malicious and may well jeopardize someones elses job and reputation.

Everytime I watch LCW play against LD or TH, I always want him to win just to brake the hold that LD and TH has on all the major titles and I still hope he does well, but I still think he is not that good and is still a few levels below LD and TH.

Also, a little criticism is in order, I mean what is he? 25? He isn't a kid anymore and at that age he isn't going to get any better. His chances of a major title is already slim, he has to grow up very soon. No supporter is going to belittle him if he finishes his career without a major title but he has to realise that he is doing this for himself, not YKH hence there is little point in blaming others for your own failure. Most people just want him to try his best, to blame it on others makes it sound like we are forcing him to play like he's some kind of slave.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I agree with you. LCW defense and 'dive' is very good to the point that he can retrieve LD jump smash almost all the time. LCW cross-court smash is very wicked and often left LD and TH helpless...but in WC07 something very very wrong, nothing works against Sony and CW cross-court smashes are not effective. As for LD mental toughness, the MS department in CHN must be a pressure cooker...with 3 being a crowd and so many good players waiting to take over, just to make the team you have to mentally tough and work your butt off all the time.

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think the best thing for LCW is for someone from the same country to seriously challenge his supremacy. Sadly at this moment, no one can do that.