Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Coming from a Bravesword, I find the N9ii much more "beefy" in my hand. In terms of feel, even tho its no match for the bravesword for the lively feel, I prefer N9ii to the arcsaber series which just feels dead somehow. Its certainly more demanding on back hand clear and slower than my BS11 when it comes to defense and net kill, but I dont find myself wanting to switch back which is a very good sign so far. Spent prob 10hrs on it so far. This is my first LiNing racket and its a keeper. The black and pink color is just drop dead gorgeous!

2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Where in Asia can you buy the most reasonably priced N9II and a trustworthy store?

3. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Probably mybadmintonstore.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swsh likes this.
  4. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

After last night's 3 hours session, I now dropped 40+ hours on my n9ii. I must say it is holding up quite well. I had two clashes so far, and earned a battle scar (a small chip) on the racquet :(.

I tried alternating between my n9ii and js10, but I ended up leaving my js10 in the bag all together and stick to the n9ii (hey the arm wants what the arm wants o_O), because I kept mssing it when I was using the js10. Smashing for me with the n9ii is just really that good. I like my js10, but my n9ii just gives a bigger punch.

I did a lot more backhand smash then before now that I'm using the n9ii. Mid to front court backhand smash is deadly. I also do much more body shots, thanks to its deadly accuracy also :cool:. I've been asked numerous times by people about my n9ii (after I smash the **** out of them first of course :D) due to their attraction to the nice color scheme.

This is my first li ning racquet, and now I'm curious to try other li ning racquets, since i have such good experience with it. I'm definitely going to stick with my n9ii for a while. But if they come out with a n9iii, I'm in :). If you are one of those thinking about getting the n9ii, go to a store and give it a swing, it will definitely be worth the time when your arm tells you how it feels ;). Sorry js10 :(, and sorry vldf :(, you guys will always be in my collection or until something happens to my n9ii :confused: (for the love of life, NO).

#124 Konquerian, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    pierreyj and dave010 like this.
  5. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I'll try and get one once I get a call from my retailer. Can't wait to give it a try! another Li Ning racket eh? Give N7ii a try, been trying hard to get a detailed specs and review but haven't had much

6. Konquerian

Hopefully your retailer has it for you, I heard that li ning racquets are not easy to get in a lot of areas, since they are not that popular outside of Asia.

Before I got the n9ii, I was vacillating on the n9ii and n7ii, but I decided on the n9ii after looking at the specs for both racquets, though they were very similar. And of course, the attractive color scheme of the n9ii was a deciding factor also;).

Aside from buying another n9ii as a backup, I am not looking into buying another racquet until the n9iii or something really tempting comes out. However, with how good the n9ii is for me, a n9iii would definitely be at the top of the list :).

7. Konquerian

8. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I had the racket booked and I'm living in Asia actually from what you can see, what specs are similar between n7ii and n9ii?

9. Konquerian

That's awesome! I hope you get it soon.

As with the specs on the n7ii, from what I can find online, everything looks the same except the balance point. N7ii is 295 and n9ii is 298, which means the n9ii is a bit more head heavy. But other than that, stiffness, technologies used, head shape, and others, all showing the same specs. If you find something different, please do tell, I definitely would like to know .

Aside from the color, I did make my decision to get the n9ii instead of the n7ii because of the slightly more head heaviness on the n9ii. The n9ii is one of the best racquets I have used so far, and I'm definitely glad I went with it. Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on it after you get yours tough!

10. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

The more I read about it, the more eager I'm about to have it in tried!
    I'll definitely have it update here once I have it (which would be upcoming month or the next) and also definitely between the n7ii and n9ii!
    There's one post I've read a few pages before, the green/bronze is more flexible than the pink/black? Can anyone confirm this please?

11. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

There isn't, or I haven't found any, official documentation from Li-Ning indicating where they fall on their racket chart (There is info. for the N9 & N7 first Gen)
    Going by their first-gen positions on the chart, the N7 has, broadly speaking, a stiffer shaft and lighter head. This may or may not extrapolate to the second gen.
    I have the N7-2 for a couple of weeks now, and I can only describe it as a heavy-ish/powerful feeling racket but which is also very fast/easy to manoeuvre (weird, heavy and fast!) along with a stiff(ish) shaft.
    Hence I doubt, though they share a lot of similarities, that the rackets will play the same.

12. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

*Going off topic, sorry* Great! A N7ii user! Can you please compare it to nanoray900, arcsaber11, twister f9, N9 (first gen) and/or bs12? (In terms of defense, net, smash, drives, lifts,strokes, etc) As I've only tried and own some of these rackets so far. Create a new topic! or reply here if you want many thanks!

#132 eric213, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  13. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    To be honest.. the grip is a tad too big.. maybe i am a bit choosy.
    Welll.. it is nice to smash with it.

14. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

Sorry, I've never owned any of those rackets before.
    Join in the Li-Ning thread here, there are other users who have purchased this racket.

eric213 likes this.
  15. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

For me, the size is perfect! It's the first racket I play with its stock grip.

16. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Many thanks!

17. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Are most of the players are bought and use N9ii rear players btw?

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Most people are comfortable at the rear court tbh.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

19. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Ahhh, makes more sense now. Thanks!

20. Konquerian

Not so perfect for me, I always had to put thick overgrip on my racquets just to get that solid grip feel, and my n9ii was no different . I guess you can't get one glove that fits all .