Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Hi

2. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Is N9ii is more powerful for smashes than Victor js10 4u, vzfs2 4u and Astrox 77

3. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

I am an intermediate level double player. I use Yonex NF 700. I feel I don’t get enough power for my rear court smashes compared to my previous Li-Ning TB nano 120. Now I am considering to buy another one mainly for rear court smashes. What’s the best out of Victor JS10 4u, vzfs2 4u, Astrox 77, and LI-NING N9ii.

4. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

N9ii delivers power very easily due to its flexible shaft and help you maintain a decent smash without getting too tired. But for strong smashing people, they will get the best result with a stiffer shaft, although it is definitely more tiring to keep on hitting those hard smashes. Based on your level and what you currently use, N9ii or Ax77 would be the best choice.

5. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

6. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback, I thought Victor js10 4u would be the best choice. Is Astrox 77 4u better than JS 10 4u when it comes to power hitting

7. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Can you compare js10 4u and ASTROX 77 pls

8. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Oh I thought you meant Ax77 3u. Ax77 is more flexible than the js10 so what I wrote previously apply. So as of now, N9ii would be the best choice.

9. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am a double player and 4u is easy to handle. I was not very quick in defense with 3U. But still want to generate enough power. Do you mean Ax77 4u doesn’t have enough power? Then what about ax88D 4u or zfs2 4u. But I have not played with stiffer rackets.

10. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I have a 4U Ax77, N9ii and N7ii. Going back and forth between these. (Also had a 4U JS10, which was too stiff for me.)
    Right now I'm using the 4U Ax77 most, out of the three rackets, I think this is the one that's most allround. Great for both singles and doubles, easy to move and enough power in smashes, good drives and drop shots, easy clears.

Compared to other slight hh 3U rackets the N9ii is easy to move, but after using N7ii for a long time (really like this too, good for both singles and doubles), the N9ii started to feel slow. However, it's all what you're getting used to. When I was testing the TC75 Combat (heavy!) and then went back to N9ii, it felt light and fast...

So if you want to concentrate your game to rear court smashes, the N9ii is great, but it requires very good timing to get the most out of it. Then I think Ax77 och N7ii is better allround.

11. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

T
    you very much for the feedback. I also don’t like to play with stiffer rackets. And I am planning to buy a racket from Malysia and when I check the price Yonex rackets are cheaper in Malaysia comparatively to the other countries. I think it should be Ax 77 Now. Just wondering whether 3U or 4u. Hope 3U is more powerful than 4u. But it has to be fast as I play doubles only. 3U or 4u what do you suggest?

12. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I think 4U.
    Ax77 3U for doubles will be quite heavy/slower.

13. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Thanks

14. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

Been using the n9ii and tc75ex for months now, totally love every aspect the rackets offers from the power to speed interception. However, i do wish that it can bit a stiffer as i kinda lack the accuracy and control to hit down the lines (i.e duora z strike). Any recommendation for possible upgrade and possibly use in single game(rarely(10%), mostly doubles(90%))? I am looking at nanoray 900 and calibar 900B. Do give your view!

#1474 D4r3w, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  15. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

88D 3u for stiffness and power similar as n9ii / 88D 4u for stiffness and better flat game/defense

16. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Hi I don’t understand your comment. Do you mean HFH black and gold version is same as the original black and pink version? But when I check the spec BP of HFH is 298 where as the original one BP is 290. Just need to know the performance of the two are different. And the feel also. I am going to buy. But still can’t decide on HFH and the original pink and black/ green and black

17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Where did you check the specs? There is also a N9FHF which is more head heavy. Maybe somebody mistake it. N9II FHF and N9II are the same. The FHF makes you just lighter (less money in the pocket).

s_mair likes this.
  18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Nothing is more powerful than ZFII. Only two ZFII are more powerful.

19. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

When I check the spec in google only I found that. Anyway I prefer black and pink but here in Srilanka only green one and black and gold are available. Just like the black and gold out of the two. But don’t want to see anything different in the performance by selecting an limited edition version. Prices also same here. As I understand what you say is FHF limited edition one is same right. Nothing different other than color. Pls confirm

20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Choose the colour which you like the most. Whatever floats your boat they are the same racket model.