Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Did you buy from Flipkart ?

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Yes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Sumanth99 likes this.
  3. Saru

Saru New Member

I finally joined the Li Ning Club with a N9 II and a N7 II Light Natsir, instantly fell in love. Second N9 is on its way. A friend offered me his N90 III for 60€, would you guys buy it? It's in mint condition and newly strung.

4. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

Has anyone seen that N9-II FHF limited edition special actually has the chinese national team stamp on the code. I wonder if they are the exact specs that FHF used

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I'd say that's a pretty good deal. I'd get it

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Anyone tested 3d Caliber 900(D) and 3d Caliber 900C would like to see comparison.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Very different racket from the other 2. It's a good price, but be aware that there is no similar racket in the current lineup.

Saru likes this.
  8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I find it odd that the 900 and 900C share the same number then they're so incredibly different. The 900 is very light to me (coming from a N80ii), and not stiff. The 900C I haven't played with yet (just picked it up for testing), but it's very heavy and stiff. Only thing they share imop is the frame profile. 900 is probably in that even balanced region, maybe somewhat comparable to an Arc11, whereas the 900C is more alike to the ZF2, to put it into Yonex terms :D

ucantseeme likes this.
  9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Thats surprising since Balance Point of 900 is at 308 but Balance Point of 900C is at 302 as per Li Ning

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The weight is massively different. Never look at BP alone - at least multiply the weight and the BP, although even that is just rough guessing, it's much much more comparable than just looking at the BP, which on its own tells you nothing whatsoever about how heavy a racket is going to feel.
    New rackets actually come with a target weight accurate to 1g, so you can compare somewhat. The racket matrix, so far, seems like a good approximation to me (have played the 900 & 75c, and just picked up the 8000C & 900C).
    Generally, the 'C' version of a racket is always gonna be heavier and stiffer than the normal one. So this isnt surprising, but the sheer scope of the difference is, at least to me.

Saru and Sumanth99 like this.
  11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Thank for the useful knowledge, Which one among 75C and 900C would you suggest ? My play type is attacking, I want crisp smashing.

12. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Went from jetspeed 12 4U to turbocharging N9-II, as I wanted something easier on my arm as I do sports for around 15 to 20 hours a week.

N9-II is heavier, a little more flexible and as the same balance compared to jetspeed 12. It feels noticeably heavier when picked.
    My setup:
    N9-II strung with BG80 at 12kg, Babolat VS overgrip: 96gr, 41gr head weight, 295mm so slightly head heavy
    JS 12M strung with BG80 at 11,5kg, Babolat VS overgrip, 92gr, 40gr head weight, 295mm so slightly head heavy

First hits are quite good, easier to clear baseline to baseline, smashes are powerful, but maneuverability lacks a bit, as the control at front court

After two weeks, decided to play a double tournament with N9-II as JS 12 felt too light now, and this was the right choice: we managed to reach the final.

The racquet feels like an extension of my arm now, power is overwhelming for a racquet that is just slightly head heavy, I’m much more hazardous now when at the back court, and still no trouble when I need to clear or escape clear
    Maneuverability is good for this rather heavy racquet, I really love it in flat game, the racquet head is just heavy enough for you to keep track of it but not too much to be a burden. In defence when you are prepared the racquet performs well, but when caught out of position it is tricky to defend
    Control is a little less good for now compared to JS 12, my serves tend to go higher, as well as my net shots, I think I need to practice more with N9-II as it is more repulsive

I’m absolutely happy that I jumped the gun and bought this racquet, it offers me exactly what I was looking for!

Sumanth99 and s_mair like this.
  13. Vaustam

Vaustam New Member

I have been using my n9ii for about 6 months and I love it! It really does feel like an extension of your arm and is one of the most powerful racquets I have ever used.

Of the racquets I own, I would say it feels a lot like my carbonex 20 but more repulsive and less control.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Can't really say without having seen you play. What previous rackets were you comfortable with? The 75C is a stiffer, heavier version of the N9ii (=the normal 75). The 900C is way heavier and also stiffer, might be too slow for quite a few in doubles.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Cool that you enjoy it! Not too be nitpicky, but the N9ii is not a heavy racket at all. You were just using a very light one before =)

Saru and dtjovan like this.
  16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I say heavy because it is at the heavy end of the 3U spectrum, but when playing it doesn’t feel heavy or tiring! This racquet is really well designed…

I used to prefer N80 and N80-II but they can’t beat N9-II raw power

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Which racket produces the most power depends on the player. If the N9ii is more powerful than the N80ii for you, you probably benefit from the softer shaft - and maybe from it being lighter.
    Regardless, the N9ii is not on the heavy end of the 3U spectrum. It doesn't weigh 90g. If you got one like that, it's an outlier that maybe slipped through QC (or just passed) - but it's designed to be significantly lighter than the N80 and N80ii.

18. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Interesting, if you look at Li Ning catalog the TB75 it is designed to weight 88gr +/- 1gr, and the two I got weight 89gr, so rather heavy for 3Us

I found both of the N80 and N80II I had felt softer and easier to play

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I think it's subjective after all. I too found that the N9II was stiffer than my N80 and N80II.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The N80ii is definitely not softer or lighter than the N9ii, and 99% sure not than the TC75. Maybe they changed the target weight, that's possible. The 75C that I tested was definitely not as heavy as a N80ii though, and it's the heavier stiffer brother...it was also similar in stiffness to the N80ii, not stiffer. A tad softer.

I compared the stiffness of the 2 by putting a little piece of rubber between the frames and bending them against each other - ensures 100% equal force and gives you a rough idea (it's not a scientific measurement, sure, but enough to get an impression).
    In terms of stiffness: 900C>>8000C>N80ii>TC75C>C900.
    That's static stiffness though, there may be (marginal) differences when you actually play with the rackets. Generally a heavier head will make the racket feel a tad softer, in my experience.

#5080 j4ckie, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    ucantseeme likes this.