Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

j4ckie likes this.
  2. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Wow, and it's in english :)
    Thanks!

3. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

I think that catalogue was from the Singapore distributor Sunrise? Hence why it's in English. The Chinese release doesn't have the stiffness ratings.

4. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    I think the stiffest is 900C which is 8.0. If I play a lot with the N7II I sometimes feel my forearm. This is why I had the idea maybe a bit more flex and bit more even balanced (just for doubles). Might be the stiffness 8.3 of the N7II which costs more effort to generate power.
    Have played the N9II several times. It's a good one but I would consider it for singles only.
    Will give the 900B another try because two sets are not enough for a final conclusion. Since you and j4ackie stated netplay is almost not affected by the slightly more flex the 600B could be the best choice to fit my requirements.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Only shots with significant racket acceleration are affected by stiffness of the shaft, really. Net play has fairly slow racket movements. Lifts will be affected, although most players should be able to adapt in that regard.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Interesting, I misunderstood your original post, apparently. I assumed something more balanced than the N7ii meant something heavier, as it is very light already :D
    If you notice your forearm during/after play, I'd recommend doing pull-ups or weighted hangs as well as getting an adjustable grip trainer (akin to this, for example: https://www.amazon.com/MummyFit-Strengthener-Adjustable-Exerciser-Exercisers/dp/B00VIGEQXC)
    Also, don't forget to stretch even the forearm once in a while.

7. tyler_durden

air humidifier
    I already do pull-ups and push-ups/press-ups let's say 2 or 3 times a week.
    pull-ups I don't know how many I could do at a strech because I have never tried. I most time do 3 sets each 12 repetitions.
    After that I do push-ups / press-ups mostly time do 3 sets each 20 repetitions
    Should I do more? :eek:

The N7II is 3U why do you rate it as "light". I guess you're trying to tease me do you? Doesn't work :p

8. Kalositor

Kalositor New Member

Has anyone tried the G-Force Lite 3800i+ or other rackets in the G-force lite series? I am looking for a low-end LiNing rackets.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I just recommended pull-ups because they involve grip strength to a certain degree. Weighted (active) hangs do it better :)
    I use the N80ii, so the N7ii feels like a feather, and it's too stiff for my taste too :D

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I told you a hundred billion times that you shall not exaggerate! :D

Saru and Swat like this.
  11. tyler_durden

air humidifier
    What about the 80TD - apart from you will tell me too light, too? :rolleyes:
    Is it more even balanced to head light than the N7II? It is probalby more flexible but since it looks that it is discontinued and not included in the catalog2018 with the new naming scheme one cannot be sure is 8.5 or even 8.7. BP seems to be 295mm was equal to N7II.
    Would you recommend or prefer it to the N7II in doubles ?

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hey, :rolleyes: yourself!
    I don't remember them that well. I guess I'd prefer the N80TD, but its been a very long time since I tested that. It was close enough to the N80/N80ii that I could get used to it, for sure.
    Don't get me wrong, the N7ii isn't too light as a whole, it's just so different from the N80ii that I could barely play with it just picking it up.
    Overall, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably in the even-balanced range, so probably I'd refer you to a racket that's just a tad softer, not lighter, to ease the stress on your forearm a little - it'll be easier to generate power on drives etc, less explosiveness is needed, and that alone can make a big difference over time.
    If you notice pain in your arm immediately, not only a certain soreness after long sessions, that's not the racket, and you should see a doctor. Not that it came across as such, but just in case ;)

tyler_durden likes this.
  13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, maybe it's the combination of much lighter and pretty stiff that does it. On paper, the N9ii is not very different, just a tiny bit heavier, yet it felt significantly better - still very light, but less problematic, especially on overheads, and much better on drives as well, at least initially. I didn't test the N7ii extensively though, because it was very similar to the N9ii, but just worse in every aspect for my taste and preferences.

14. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

They are only available in certain markets, so it may be worth finding a local forum.

15. Kalositor

Kalositor New Member

ah i see. thank you!

16. tyler_durden

air humidifier
    I couldn't overcome the temptation ;)
    Ordered the 80TD last Friday, 600B / 900B has to wait. The 80TD is that cheap for addtional 20% more I get two 80TDs instead of one 600B. The Callibars will be available a while longer but the 80TD probably not.
    I hope it will relieve my forearm a bit. Thanks for your thoughts.

17. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

Hello guys, I want to buy Li Ning racket that feels similar to Astrox 88D 4U. Any recommendation?

Mostly play doubles. I love to play fast, control the shuttle, and hit hard smashes. Thanks before!

18. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I would guess the Calibar 900 might be close. It’s 4U, BP 308, medium stiff.

throttlementok likes this.
  19. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Also, today I’ll be getting the 75C, which also might be in that area, although it’s 3U, but a faster frame. I’ll try to compare it with a 4U 88D later this week.

throttlementok likes this.
  20. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

I’m looking forward to your update :)

1. 3D Calibar 900
    2. Turbocharging 75C

How about the Aeronaut 8000D?