Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. salepang

salepang Regular Member

waiting for your thought about cb 900 and maybe can compare with another raquect too..

2. salepang

salepang Regular Member

anyone knows if tc70 have come with S1 grip size?

3. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    S2 as much as I know

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4. salepang

salepang Regular Member

its feel like G4 size for me..but tc70b have s1 grip size but the colourful colour i dont like..

5. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

7000B is noticeably flex so it doesn’t meet your preferences. TC70 might be the solution, but I’m sure it has different character than 900B/n90iv. If the n90iv fits your playing style, just stick to it :D

6. salepang

salepang Regular Member

hehehe..thanks bro..maybe ill try to test calibar 900 then..but also have issue for me that some review told that its like 88d 4u that head heavy problem for me..haha..maybe like you said, stick to 900b then..

throttlementok likes this.
  7. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Nope S2 is more of a G5

8. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    First day with the N80II, strung with GT5 at 27lbs, two piece, this thing is considerably heavy than the N9II, and first impressions this is stiffer than the N9II(similar to the N7II) and head heavier. The frame is significant powerful, also has better feedback.

After using the N80II I switched to the N9II (the head heaviness was taking some toll on the elbow) and it simply felt much flexible, shots were not that accurate as they were with the N80II also less power plus, I don't know how to explain it but the N9II felt like hollow. The n80ii did lack in the speed department, but not by much it does requires much more attention and relaxed grip. Also don't expect it to be as helpful as an N7II would be for fast pace rallies.

Initial impressions I am liking what I have got and I know that I would have to improve more to be able to use it properly for my defence. This is what people should go for who want something a little head heavier and stiffer than the N9II with incredible feel

s_mair likes this.
  9. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Really?because i try hold it at shop its feel like G4 for me..when i hold tc70b and 7000b S1 it feel like G5..
    Isn it? @Ch1k0

10. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Don't know about those with the factory overgrips but bare wood of S2 is smaller than the G4

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Whatever you felt in that shop, it was not correct. S2=G5, S1=G6 it is.

j4ckie, salepang, Saru and 2 others like this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I back up this. Have a G4 Duora ZS, S2 N7II and several JS10 G5 and a SW35 G4 at home (all gripped the same) and can tell that the S2 is the smallest of all. Even smaller than Victors G5.

#5292 ucantseeme, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    salepang likes this.
  13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Sorry buddy. S2 = G5 and S1 = G1. At least that's what they say. There's always the possibility of manufacturing inconsistency though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

salepang likes this.
  14. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    You meant G6, isn't it?

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Oops yes I meant S1 = G6 my bad. Must have been distracted while replying.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Saru, salepang and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  16. Lolzprince

Lolzprince Regular Member

Have anyone tried the areonaut 7000i? Very tempted by the colorway haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Calibar 900 Comparison to 4U Astrox 99

Both using the same strings and grip setup.

Disclaimer/First Thoughts. First off, why is it called "Calibar"? I hadn't noticed until I read the shaft on the racquet. That's not a word...
    Anyway, I'm on mobile, so the formatting might be screwed up a bit. And these thoughts are based on a few post season sessions while I'm just kinda working on technique and fitness. So my form is less consistent at the moment.

In short before going into details, I'll say I prefer the Calibar 900 more than the Astrox 99 for singles. For doubles the Astrox is a bit easier on the arm. But as a primarily singles player, I'll just stick to the 900 for everything in the future I think.

Forehand Clears - about the same. Pretty basic shot, I'll call them even here.

Backhand Clears and high backhands - I feel like I can get a tiny bit more head speed acceleration into the shuttle with the 900 on my backhand. So I'll give it a slight advantage. That goes for all high backhand shots as well. (smash, drop, clear)

Forehand Smash - About the same. Both of these racquets were designed with this in mind and they both deliver well.

Back court Drop Shots - I felt like I had a bit better control with the 900. I can feel the head better and the impact with the shuttle feels more substantial, so slight advantage to the 900.

Drives - This one is weird. I'll call it even I guess. If I were able to play perfect on every single shot the 900 would win, but it also produces much more fatigue. The Astrox 99 is just so easy to swing, so for basic stuff it feels great. For more powerful drives and more technical things like holds and whipping cross court, the 900 feels better but you'll be more tired.

Defensive Blocks - Astrox 99 gets the edge here. Easier racquet to move around and just more agile imo.

Defensive lifts - Very slight advantage to the 900. The racquets impact on the shuttle felt easier for me to lift high and deep to the back court. But again, more tiring on the forearm.

Net shots - Even. I think this shot has more to do with strings than anything.

Conclusion - The Calibar 900 is one of the first racquets I've used in a long time that actually felt tiring to use. Which is kinda weird. In a game situation it's completely fine and unnoticeable, but if you just go and hit a shuttle against a wall for a while or do fast drives back and forth I start to feel fatigued a bit.

Let me know if you want comparisons to other things, or an update on my thoughts after I spend more time with it. I do intend to pick up spares before the tournament season.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

18. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Vs N80II please

19. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I haven't used it for a while and don't even have a grip on it right now so my thought would just be from memory. I'm not really super sure I could say anything accurately actually. I'll try and hit with it in a few days.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  20. salepang

salepang Regular Member

throttlementok

May i know how the head feeling with 7000b when swing?is that feel heavy or feel even balance? For example like astrox 88s 3u its head heavy buy when come to swing in play its doesnt feel head heavy but feel even balance..so how for 7000b then?