Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ice man

ice man Regular Member

To me it’s not that hard to switch from N9-2 to N7-2 in the same session but more complicated the other way, always harder to switch from stiff to less stiff

After all these racquets share part of the same DNA, so it is more down to a player’s preferences

I consider myself a good intermediate player, I’m not that good technically speaking, but as I do quite a lot of weight lifting and have good stamina I play a really physical play and tend to prefer stiffer racquets

Swat likes this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Same here. But even switching from N7II -> N9II only takes a couple of shots to adjust your senses. As you say, they both share the same DNA in terms of feel and overall behaviour (aerodynamics, head shape, weight distribution, flex points) and are fairly close together in both head weight and flex.

Swat likes this.
  3. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Then that will have to do with difference between the grips. Had PU on my N7II and towel on my N9II. Seriously disliking the towel as it was slipping a lot (I have very dry hands and sweat very little). Atleast I now know that PU grips are the one for me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4. ice man

ice man Regular Member

What’s fun too is that when I first played N7-2 it felt rubbish, didn’t get any power out of it, defence was not better than N9-2, just thought it was crap

Decided to give it a second chance and oh boy it was absolutely brilliant!
    Power is not as easy to extract compared to N9-2 but is still really good, flat game is way better and reactivity too!

s_mair likes this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's funny indeed cause that is the exact same story I had with the N7II too. I already had a buyer for mine when I decided to play one final farewell match. And that was that. :D

Saru and ice man like this.
  6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

And, to be honest, I really think its white / purple / gold colourway is one of the best I’ve seen

Ch1k0 likes this.
  7. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

n7ii/TC70 and 7000B are fast rackets, but both of them have different feel and character. Control and placing should be better with stiffer shaft, but it is also depend on personal skills. So are you searching for an even balance racket or something slightly head heavy?

8. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Well well @s_mair @j4ckie, got myself my 4th Li Ning and (due to that an angry girlfriend) . I currently have a packet of G Tone 5 and thinking of whether to string my lovely N7II or this? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

s_mair likes this.
  9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Drop GT5 on that. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how much it suits a more offence oriented racket.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  10. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    One thing I have noticed is that the N80II is wider at 11o clock and 1 o clock position. It is more of a rounded rectangular frame than the oval as in the N7II. Should I expect a wider sweetspot on the N80II due to that (also there is the case of 72 hole) . Also there is quite much heft to it than N7II but less than my N9II (may be because the N9II is strung and also because it is a G6 grip) [​IMG][​IMG]

11. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Once you string it you should find the N80ii to be heavier than your n9ii. I have both kicking around and find the N80ii to be noticeably heavier.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

12. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Yep shall see that. Sent it for stringing at 27 with the GT5. Will receive it tomorrow. Also I would have to shave off that s2 grip to G6. Let's see how it turns out.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The difference a string makes is very significant, you'll notice it's in fact significantly heavier than your N9ii with the same or a comparable setup ;) congrats, enjoy it! Especially with fresh, crisp strings!

Saru, Vivek Bagadhi and decoy like this.
  14. salepang

salepang Regular Member

With 295 bp its ok for me which mean slight head heavy..as i know 7000b bp is 298..but the flex shaft make me think should ill go for tc70 or 7000b..my current racquect now is mx90 and n90iv..so i want to try new feel and character and my playstyle which is all around with smash, drive and less play at net..

15. throttlementok

seems like the n9ii/TC75 suits your requirements, the stiffness rate is the same with n90iv/900B on 8.5 based on lining specs. it has a higher balance point so there are also more power and the swing speed should be no different because n9ii has more aerodynamic frame. So the speedy frame counter balanced the higher balance point. n9ii also popular used for doubles, easy to generate power, easy to play with, etc.

16. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Yes I do agree with this. Also do compare it with the N90IV (the Li Ning lust is growing on me) But seriously the N90IV is damn pricy here in India and it is out of stock at most stores. I got the N80II at ₹9150($130) and N90IV retails at almost ₹14600($210) here in India.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Please do not think a slightly different frame has a very big impact on your swing. It doesn't. The balance and weight are much more important, the only shot the frame shape can possibly influence is the smash, really. Even more so with current LN profiles being relatively similar (no boxy frames whatsoever).

s_mair likes this.
  18. throttlementok

Yes, this is right for who haven’t tried the racket yet. But I wrote my opinion based on my experienced in changing between 900C and 75C. The same case with salepang who are using 900B/n90iv. Because the requirements suit the 75/n9ii, I’m explaining the differences in feel and elaborate it with the numbers, so he can get a better picture. My experienced could be counted because the difference is just my rackets are both combat version, and his current racket and the recommendation are both boost version. Combat to combat and boost to boost, so it’s relevant.

Rackets tend to have slightly different weight, balance point, frame type, shaft stiffness, etc, it’s just the matter of time to get used to it, but make sure you get the right racket to fit your playing style and fulfill your needs. Peace :D

19. salepang

salepang Regular Member

forgot to tell that already test n9ii and what the problem for me is the shaft is feel flex for me..and the head weight make me uncomfortable..as for n90iv is feel just nice with slight head heavy.. is that 7000B flex like n9ii then?

20. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Had a first night hit with the caliber 900 tonight. After using an Astrox 99 4U for a little bit I think it feels similar. I was actually surprised with how beefy it feels on impact. Even defensive shots like lifts had a hard impact with it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk