Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Thanks for sharing the news,however your link gave me eye pain.

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

As the comments following the report says, LYB's words might have a purpose - motivate LD and make the opponents believe LD is no force to consider. I think it is plausible.

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    What i can't see now is the past commentators that says and showing his footwork and movement : Lin Dan he is always taking the shuttle so early , when the opponent lifts the shuttle, next you know is up the air Lin dan smashes killing his opponents. 2 thing missing now, Always taking the shuttle early and up the air smashes that kills his opponents.

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Many times I find it rather funny to read those so many IFs on Lin Dan, some even go as far as the conspiracy plot accusing or hinting he's reserving some part of himself for winning again at the Rio 2016.

For me it's simpler, this maestro has lots of things/biz/commercials/personal life/family... to cater nowadays instead of just training and training, chasing for winning the medals that mean not much for him after all that he's achieved in his life. His mouth may still say about his ambition/dedication/desire to win this and that tournament but talk is cheap (though the yonex deal is not), for me more importantly, how much is the time and real works he's investing and pouring in to realize those ideas... just words are easy but they won't win him the medals :)

Frankly I have much less confidence for LD now, I don't believe he will work out that hard to win any tournament. Only real hard works as those done by LCW and CL will bring him back into highest competitive levels. The past great achievements are not relevant today if he continues to lose easily as displayed by JOJ's trashing him in the WC and few loses earlier this year! LD is just one year older than LCW so it is not the absolute age issue. It's a matter of priority, full dedication, all out commitment, a totality to bring about the successes in the real court actions... but I'm afraid that he has many other more interesting and lucrative offers than the full time engagement as an athlete.

Don't take me wrong, I don't blame him for taking a more colorful path than just running the rather monotone and dull one dimensional athlete style of life. I simply stop expecting from him... and frankly I prefer to see somebody else with the full totality to carry on the flag... :rolleyes:

5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    LCW is one year older than LD

6. the_cutter

the_cutter Regular Member

Lin Dan may not be the dominating player he once was a few years ago. His recent play is quite different from what many expect and has been beaten by younger upstarts. But never doubt the heart of a champion.

7. Indigo Wolf

Indigo Wolf Regular Member

Maybe it's just strategy. Taking it slow in WC then go all out next year. It's hard to say what is really happening without actually knowing.

8. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    You guys keep on saying like this about Lin Dan, surely you will poke in the eye of some here... a longer list why it is not plausible at all may soon pop up here,,, he he :cool:

9. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Oops, wrong memory, thanks for correcting.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I think XXF is not cooking delicious food back at home.And you all know crap food = crap play.As Lin Dan said,he likes to watch Doraemon episodes in home,so he needs some delicious snacks to eat while watching his fav show but XXF might be preparing too much healthy food instead of tasty food and this tension is clearly visible on Lin Dan's face while he is playing.Lin Dan,fire XXF!

CKAtj1UUkAAMQVC.jpg

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2015-08-19/doc-ifxfxraw8917592.shtml (excerpts)

In LYB's own words:" I still have confidence in him. He's a great athlete, already married, no longer young, I believe he knows what he should do, therefore I normally don't make any demands on him. From this World Championships, we could see that Lin Dan's capability and tactical intentions might be in question. During play, missing were his former reaction speed,nimbleness in attack, as if he could not fully get into form."

Li Yongbo candidly made known that recently he hasn't been communicating much with Lin Dan as they have mutual understanding and close rapport. But, he added, from now on, he's going to interact more with him and get to know his true intentions and thinking.

Furthermore, LYB will be working on Lin Dan's fitness and making technical adjustments to his playing style, and put forward new requirements and demands on him.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I really hope this WC flop is the final jolt to wake up Lin Dan. At last, LYB is expressly concerned enough to want to step in and start taking concrete remedial action; he said he's going to make some new demands on Lin Dan from now on with a view to the Thomas Cup next year in addition to the Olympics.

It'll also help if Yonex at least murmur their displeasure if not outright dissatisfaction accompanied by threats of some sort if allowed for in the sponsorship contract.

I think it ultimately depends on Lin Dan himself, he is mature and wise enough to know what's at stake and do the right thing. But no matter what, for sure he'll have to give top priority to badminton from this moment until the Rio Olympics, everything else is secondary, bearing in mind that's exactly what every single aspiring Olympian will be wholeheartedly dedicating themselves to, no less.

The best part is Lin Dan has what it takes to succeed, better than anyone else aiming for Rio'16 except that Chen Long has become his main stumbling block, more so than his old foe LCW, I have reasons to believe.

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    The best and fastest way for LD to redeem himself will be to win the JPN SS. He must beat LCW and CL and possibly JOJ in the final. His sponsors (yonex) will be happy for sure.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I know it's rather late, I happened to watch the TV replay and couldn't help agreeing with you more. Right, two thumbs up and a big salute to Lin Dan. For me, one more reason to admire him.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Quite true, that'll be ideal, immediately silence all his critics and detractors.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  17. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    But... how to change the fortune within weeks if an athlete has some fitness issue to compete at very high level of competition? It will be good if LD is able to show up in JO SS QF play ;)

btw I trust only in the intensive training for fitness matter.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Mate, for the sake of those who don't read Mandarin and not keep them in suspense, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could, in future, at least provide a brief summary of what it says - your one line statement can inadvertently give rise to speculation, misunderstanding or even misrepresentation.

Anyway, with regard to Lin Dan (apart from LYB's view of the CHN WS) , the article more or less covers what other similar articles reported as already posted elsewhere in Lin Dan's thread which wangyii (#6143) and myself have translated, the only thing new which your post purportedly indicated that LYB said is:

"If in the following tournaments, Lin Dan's one round exits or inability to enter last four continues, his Olympic qualification points will also be affected. And once he let the laggards, Wang ZM and Tian HW, overtake him, he accordingly won't be going to the Olympics."

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Thanks Justin for the translation. I guess the Boss wanna give him an early warning that if his Oly points get reduced as such that his compatriots overtake him then he may say bye-bye to Rio in 2016. No privilege treatment for him! Fair enough ;)

20. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I getting fed up of his play , there is no urgency in his play.. Foot work not fast enough to take the shuttle early, and his up the air smashes seem gone.