Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

And I am fed up of your constant ranting.If he is so bad,then stop watching his game and save your precious time.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Ok, thanks for your translation. I know you will be here if i miss anything!! :D

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're more realistic, that's also LYB's concern which I share. Still, we're not above wishful thinking for our idols sometimes.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Actually, Ferrerkiko is also an ardent Lin Dan fan, if I'm not wrong,just that he shows it differently.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Clearly,LYB couldn't hide his deep disappointment with Lin Dan's WC QF loss to JOJ which he claimed "was the worst match that Lin Dan played".

LYB:" Regardless of whether it is skills/tactics or mental attitude, Lin Dan did not meet my expectations at all. That he lost is not the main reason for my dissatisfaction, but how he (played and) lost. In that encounter , he did not show sufficiently strong desire to win, his preparation was (woefully) inadequate."

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    A friend of mine told me earlier that Li Yongbo diligently watched at the stadium from the "observation corner" for the officials & players (located above the umpire corner), spent his many hours there watching in silence throughout the match days.

#6186 kelana, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

In my opinion,Lin Dan is bit low on confidence at the moment.However,i am fully confident that with a little tweak to tactical gameplan and improvement in physical condition,LD will be back to where he belongs.I also think Lin Dan underestimated JOJ thinking that his racket skills will do enough to get the better of Dane and that's where the real damage was done.Let's hope Lin Dan can bounce back and do well in both Japan and Korea Open.

8. wangyii

wangyii Regular Member

http://www.weibo.com/p/1001603878568160801544
    From BWF official microblog
    It seems like LD's response to LYB's recent criticism, [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION] , could you spare some time to translate it for us, I'm not so good at translating :p

9. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S7x7U6OFnU

wow LD drives a Porsche and Range Rover ^^

LD didn't work as hard on and off court as before. With all the titles, wealth, popularity, family, beautiful wife and kid, loving parents (he's got everything a man desired) one'll get distracted with self content and it's only up to him if he wants to three-peat at Rio 2016. His biggest enemy is no other than himself as I've no doubt he could it's just if he would push himself as hard.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OK, I'll try but hope any experts here can help me improve it or correct any errors/inaccuracies found as my translation tends to be somewhat too literal http://www.weibo.com/p/1001603878568160801544

Super Dan, JiaYou !

"Super Dan" Lin Dan, to shake off the Jakarta World Championships disappointment, at the Double Seven Festival (Chinese Valentine's Day) remains focused on training, hoping to regain his best form as quickly as possible. Lin Dan at the just concluded World Championships was stopped at the Men's Singles quarterfinals, the Chinese Head Coach Li Yongbo pointed out he lost for lack of any desire to win.

Yesterday on the Chinese Valentine's Day in the evening , while attending a commercial activity, Lin Dan revealed that after the world champs he came across an article titled " A kind of spirit called Lee Chong Wei", and was inspired by it. Lin Dan said:" Lee CW entered the finals several times but regrettably failed to win it, it makes me feel there's really no need to care too much about the results."

"Lee Chong Wei is able to carry on striving, all the more I should endure, after all I've won so many championships, there is no reason to think my whole situation is all that bad." As a married athlete, Lin Dan apart from training has to take care of family, at the same also has to take part in commercial activities, how does he allocate his time ?

He said:" For this year, qualifying for the Olympic Games is certainly the most important goal. After the 2012 London Olympics, I have already persisted for three years, now there's only one more year to the next edition, I am gradually approaching my target."

" Previously there are very few Chinese men's singles able to participate in four consecutive Olympic Games, I don't want to give up such a possibility, hope to do my utmost to achieve it."

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Back in Action,oops i mean promotion :p

LD.jpg

12. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    wow yonex is making strings for him now

13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Source? ...

14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LD really looks like HK triad

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Next he plays in John Woo's

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The racquet freaks here on BC should all now say Lining N90 are the best racquets, while ZFII are bull..., since LD lost everything after switching...

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You mean like back in 2009/10 when everyone was like "that N90 is crap, he isnt as good as with the AT700"? :D

18. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
  19. Nine Tailed Fox

20. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Who are the 5 players? I recognize Lin Dan top left, Zhao Yunlei top right. Bottom right is Zhang Nan I think. Center looks like Wang Shixian.