Malaysia Open 2006: FINAL (18/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei (MATCH OF THE DAY) -- a repeat of last year's final. I think LCW can win yet again in front of the home crowd.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Lin Woon Fui vs Chan Choong Ming/Koo Kien Keat -- an All-Malaysian Final....just what Rexy wants...in front of the fanatical home support. CCM/KKK to win!

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhang Ning vs Tracey Hallam -- can lightning strike thrice? Tracey has done the impossible task of beating Pi Hongyan and now Xie Xingfang. Can she beat Zhang Ning tomorrow?

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui vs Du Jing/Yu Yang -- boring as always..and its likely going to be an All-China Final again next week.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zhang Jun/Gao Ling vs Jonas Rasmussen/Britta Andersen -- Zhang/Gao should be too strong for the Danes.

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    it's chan chong ming....not choong

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I am not so sure about LCW. He would need to step up another gear. Lin Dan is the kind of player who learns well from past mistakes and does very good preparations. LCW should learn from the defeat by Gade during the Thomas Cup 2006 and realize that once his game gets read well by his opponent, he would better increase gear or change plans quick.

4. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I find it really sometimes weird pronouncing his name because it is so close to mine that I sometimes feel that I am calling myself. :D

That day at SO2006 when I called out to him for autograph, I was momentarily like "huh?". :p

5. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei... Well, it's tricky to think who will win... I cant stop thinking that Lin Dan has the bigger chance, but i do hope lee chong wei will prove me wrong tomorrow...

KKK/CCM are to win men's double title... Im happy for them...

But this also would be Mohd n Lin best tournament in their career.. Defeating LWW and CTF is somthing I didnt expect.. That was just way beyond fantastic

#5 hara^kazuko, Jun 17, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  6. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

Rexy Mainaky has nurtured 4 strong MAS doubles. If I'm not wrong, this hasn't been achieved before in Malaysian badminton history. I should want to lobby Rexy for the Datukship!

7. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Malaysia's MD looks promising!

8. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I hope Tracey beats ZN tomorrow, we need a change...:)

9. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    Honestly, i think in the current form watching lcw ply, lin dan will most likely be able to beat him.

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

But i think its quite unlikely..... ZN is sort of unbeatable right now.....:p

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Ya dont think lcw is in his best shape now... hope that he will recharge soon and play his normal game.
    All the best to him tomorrow!;)

12. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

Lee = Li[李]
    Chong = Zong[宗]
    Wei = Wei[伟]
    So, Lee Chong Wei = Li Zongwei[李宗伟]

Wong = Huang[黄]
    Choong = Zong[综]
    Hann = Han[翰]
    So, Wong Choong Hann = Huang Zonghan[黄综翰]

Now mainland China use Hanyu Pinyin and Taiwan and the others use old format which had been also used in mainland China before Hanyu Pinyinwas used.

If you use Hanyu Pinyin, you should notice that Family Name should be written firstly and Last Name should be written together, not separately,eg:

Zhao Tingting, Zhao Jianhua etc.

Zhao Ting Ting Zhao Jian Hua etc.[wrong]​
    :D

13. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Disagree... In fact LinDan is the one with the least improvement out of all the top players... everyone is catching up to him while he hasn't made any improvement to maintain the margin... other players like Taufik or Gade are constantly exploring new skills and improvement.. and lately they advanced to bizzare backhand smash... The margin to beating LD is getting closer and closer each time when a familiar players met him.. this is evident especially matches against Gade

14. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya,this is a good sign to to the women badminton.A new face is began to appear now.Before this,i am really worried about women badminton coz all the competition is china win.Now,other country also starting to became stronger.I hope it will have something new in the uber cup in the coming year.I doubt evryone will feel boring coz we only mentioned about ZN and XXF all the moment.

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,actually their grade and skill are similiar to each other.So, they are two same well players. Actually this all depend to how the player perform in the court.Its hard to predict who will win this title coz i feel this time LCW is also well prepared,don't think he can't beat LD.I have 100% faith toward him.No matter what,tomorow match surely will be very exciting and fantastic.

16. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,actually their grade and skill are similiar to each other.So, they are two same well players. Actually this all depend to how the player perform in the court.Its hard to predict who will win this title coz i feel this time LCW is also well prepared,don't think he can't beat LD.I have 100% faith toward him.No matter what,tomorow match surely will be very exciting and fantastic.:) :)

17. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    He beat everybody in the last Thomas Cup remember? And he beat everybody so far in the malaysia open so far. That has to be improvement, isn't it?

Improvements are not necessarily some new fancy strokes, it can also be the way he handles the game and opponents.

18. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Of course I have no doubt any of them can beat the other. Performance at that instance is what I always believe matters. Of the two, I would like LCW more but he is not in top form recently, so I hope he step up a gear for the final.

19. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya, i totally understand what you are saying.Everyone need to always step infront and continue to do their best,we cannot think to highly of ourself when we win or give up when we lose.However,lets us wait for their match tomorow.

20. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

All the best to LCW. I hope he can defend his title. Even though he is not in top form, this is MO we are talking about and he is going to have all the spectators behind him. Malaysian supporters have a way to turn our local players into 100% top form and, watch out LD, your nervous system will overload like last year during the match. :rolleyes: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.