Nanospeed 9900 Vs Arcsaber Z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by anantbhasin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've got a 9900 coming literally in the next few days, and I'm soon bagging a Clownsaber (sorry, Arc-Z) ostensibly to sell on, but I'll probably have a go of it first to review it:D.

Dink has told me the NS9900 is extremely headlight, making clears and smashes noticeably more difficult, but I loved the 9000X, so I think it's worth a punt.

2. ben5824

ben5824 Regular Member

Talking about smashing power, I have both NS9.9k and Z-slash, in a practice session, I have tried smashing the other guy as hard as I can using each of the rackets, the result is that he can manage to pick up most of the shots executed by Z-slash but not the one executed by NS9.9k. However this is only my own experience, probably the Z-slash is designed for the very serious players, so I can only blame myself, not the racket.

3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Clearly you're not worthy. :D

4. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    I don't mean any offence, but neither the NanoSpeed 9900 or the ArcSaber-Z are racquets aimed at amateurs. Even high-level players have difficulty with them. It is possible that if you are unable to use the racquets effectively then you may actually perform worse than you would with a cheaper, more forgiving racquet. You would be better off getting a racquet at half the price and spending your money elsewhere, on something like some court shoes or feathered shuttles, in my opinion.

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I've done a review of these 2 racquets. I've also completed a video which will go live on Wednesday.

You can see my review of Z Slash vs Arcsaber 10 at www.badminton-coach.co.uk. If you go to the comments section at the foot of the review you will find my additional comments about the ZS vs NS9900.

As i said, the video review will be available Wednesday. It's a comparison video as I've said all I need to say about Z Slash.

For reference, I'm restringing the demo of Z Slash to get a more direct comparison to my NS9900 and this final test will determine whether I change racquet.

Hope this helps.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

just can't wait to watch the video :D

are you gonna show us your 400KM ++ smash with the Z slash :p

7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Ha ha - I wish!

No, this review only shows the differences between the two racquets. You really can't do a good video review of a racquet in terms of play capability otherwise i would have done it.

I have posted a video today about the key to moving backwards in balance. I've never seen another coach explain it and I know it works incredibly well.

Paul

8. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Paul,

Well impressed :). Respect.

Your vid is clear and concise, and I think even a numbskull like me can improve my skills. You have a good way of explaining things - but, hey, that's why you are a coach !

I wish I knew the names of other coaches on BC. I try to give advice about equipment to many on the forum but maybe I make a fool of myself by sometimes trying to advise people like yourself !!!!

Cheers from Warsaw.

9. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL
    z-slash isnt forgiving (says shahrizan sidek) so if your ameteurish, go for 9900

10. shihman

shihman Regular Member

i wouldn't say the NS9900 is a friendly racket either. it's a very hard racket to generate power from the back court if you can't consistently hit the sweet spot with the proper technique.

11. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    Yup it is headlight...but I don't think it is difficult to smash n clears...for me is effortless to clear and most of the time I need to controlled not to go over the base line. Just loose your grip a little and before the impact just tighten the grip (whipping action)...not much on the arm swing u might over do it and over the base line. Same with the smash either can use this technic to create more steep angle (wrist need to be angle down) or can use the arm power plus this action for power smash...

Hope I explain it right...

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I borrowed a 9900 to try out today. I am a regular 9000X user and was curious to see if the 9900 offered anything more.

My friend had over-gripped the racket right up to the cone so I could not see the weight spec. The handle felt a little heavier as a result and I had trouble manoeuvreing it initially, especially with drives.

As I adjusted, it felt quite like the 9000X with perhaps a little more pop to it. I cleared effortlessly on both the forehand and backhand, and full smashes were decent (but not killer). I had a bit of trouble with half smashes; they were hit and miss. The racket worked great on drop shots; I felt I was caressing these shots and the feedback was very reassuring. Net play was OK (could be better) but I think it's a matter of understanding the racket.

I only played for 2.5 hours so I don't think I got a true feel for the racket. I will play with it again later this week for a second opinion.

13. ben5824

ben5824 Regular Member

Well, clearly you are one of the guys worthy of Z-slash, e.g. something like producing an initial shuttle speed anywhere near 414 km/h, it would be very beneficial and relevant to this thread if you can share your experiences with rest of us, like some real pros do in this forum?

14. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Are you sure you're Australian. Your sense of humour seems to be defective.

15. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    just use what ever racquet suits you and feels good for yourself i myself prefer Arc10 Arcsaber 10

16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    The debate on racquet choice will continue for years ahead on this forum and others.

At the end of the day, what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another. You must test racquets and find what feels good for you. Put aside your ego, stop listening to marketing and other forumites. Just get the racquet on court and listen to what your body tells you about the racquet.

Within 5 minutes of play, you should know whether a racquet is on your short list or not. It's really that simple.

Both Nano9900 and Arc Z Slash are good racquets. But, they may not be for you. It could be that you need the racquet to work for you to get your power and a flexible shaft and lower tensions are the way to go.

Having played a lot with both of these racquets, I still don't know whether I'll switch to Z Slash. I'm restringing it tomorrow for a final test.

If you want to find out what happens or what I've discovered so far, then read my blog www.badminton-coach.co.uk

To your success

Paul

17. Easy Tiger

Bum
    You know, I reckon one of the attractions of the Z, is the looks. At first I thought it looked crap, but then in the flesh you realise it really is the first 'modern' racket. After a while, everything else just looks weird [NS9000] or conservative [ARC10].

And the second reason of why I can't put it down, is that when you get it right, it's oh so right.

In that way it makes you a better player. It amplifies your positives and negatives.

'Course that can get a bit tiring and not everyone wants a constant challenge, which is perfectly understandable.

Looking foward to your final write-up on it, Paul.

18. shihman

shihman Regular Member

paul, you are absolutely correct about the debate on racket choices in the way that what works for one doesn't works for another. but the point of the forum or this topic, much like you advertising about your blog, is to help and inform other members who are just seeking for some inputs to narrow down their selections. i don't know what is like over in UK, but the stores here are not like tennis stores where demo rackets are readily available. so any type of comments/suggestions to help out a fellow badminton enthusiast would be beneficial, IMHO.

19. Easy Tiger

Bum
    I can't find anywhere where Paul says "Never read literature, marketing, or forums".

20. shihman

shihman Regular Member

"stop listening to other forumites". is this clear enough for you.

if we all stop talking about our experiences and our views, this forum would not exist. this is a great place where discussions and suggestions can be exchanged among all badminton enthusiasts, beginner to advanced. my only issue is that everyone here can voice their opinions, not just coaches. whether it is valid or not, that depends on the individual who are seeking the help, not the ones that gives.