NEWS : SwissOpen07 : Men's Singles

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by kwun, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

His mind is too occupied with LD+LD+LD+LD+LD so much so that he forgot how to play the rest. Same story like Andy Roddick thinking too much about Roger Federer. Plus he can not get over with LYB's taunt "break his legs" And now LiMao ditched him, poor fella:p
    Meanwhile, Kendrick Lee lost again. What a whimp:D His place should have given to someothers like Sdrihap, nuyen, simon, and the other tommy:D

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    To be so consistent, rank #1 for so long, win so many Opens, with everyone aiming to beat you, and yes LD's speed and fitness with the tag of being the one to beat
    play a simple game, and yes, his speed and fitness oladeYou cannot be "a robot" to be so consistent to .

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    To be so consistent, rank #1 for so long, win so many Opens, with everyone aiming to beat you, and yes LD's speed and fitness with the tag of being the one to beat
    play a simple game, and yes, his speed and fitness oladeYou cannot be "a robot" to be so consistent to .

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I have not finished, and it got posted...what I am saying is to rank #1 for so long and won so many Opens, LD deserve respect and baminton history would remember him well. Fitness and speed is part of badminton strategy, and it takes a lot of training to earn that. Ld a "robot?", Ld play a very simple game of badminton with a powerful smash (which really LCW lacks), as compared to HH or LCW relying on technics, which if it works great and most often when it doesn't the whole game falls apart.
    As for BCL, I cannot compared him to ZJH...you got to be kidding! I know why most girls like BCL, even my 50+ yr old sisters like him cos' he has a pretty face and a model's body to boot...hahaha! I would keep quiet my comments on BCL in case Sickgal "hate" me, like Cooler. Hey! Sickgal, wanna know where to find Cooler?.....cos Cooler is my badminton doubles' partner, hahaha! LOL!

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Besides Tan Chun Seang, who else has potential in MAS junior MS? Have anyone of you heard of Arif Latif? He is a BJSS shuttler. He participated in the S'pore Open last year and played Peter Gade.Of course he lost but PG praised him.Any additional info on this youngster?

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Sorry for being out of topic.hehe.

7. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    No, u r not okay. But, we are busy seeing & discussing the MAtch. SO pending for your answer 1st :)

8. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Join us in another FORUM :)

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Which forum are you guys in?

10. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Yup, u r there NOW, welcome

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No wonder I find a Cooler in your views on LD! :D

12. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Kuan Beng Hong is getting from bad to worse.. Swiss Open too.. LCW feeling more pressure!

13. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i've turn my firewall and antivirus off...but still ntohing ahppen to my windows media player.... how is that possible?

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

did you enable plug in? anyway, good luck to you trying.. just be careful.. :)

15. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I just think that LCW is worn out from entering in too many competition. When you think about it, traveling here and there, adusting to the time zone and stuff like that will take a toll on you.

One of the best thing I think they should do is pull him out of tournament scene for a couple of months of training in Malaysia and then send him back out again.

16. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    On TV interview (during Chinese New Year), Hendrawan said clearly that he does not have any intention to coach overseas. He was offered a coaching position in Hongkong soon after his retirement, but he rejected it.

17. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

we are worried that his rankings will drop. will affect his seedings at world championship

18. bad_fanatic

I wouldn't worry about that so much. Look at Taufik. He's always ranked pretty low when it come major tournament like the 2004 Olympic and 2005 WC, but he still manages to get a decent draw and win.

I'm so surprise that Simon Santoso beat Chen Yu:eek:

That must be the upset of the day.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    So is LD playing in so many Opens, and still winning and the one to beat....I think LCW is putting too much pressure on himself to do well, being the only one from MAS with any hope of winning, emotion/mental due to sudden departure of LM.... Mentally worn-out, I would agree....LCW technique is good, a joy to watch but his execution/play depends on so many factors to go right for him, from deception, net play, cross-court smash, placement, etc.(check MO05) as compared to CHN MS who play a simple game relying on fitness, speed and power....Also I guess the top players have figure out a way to play LCW and lastly, I guess and hope I am wrong that LCW has peaked, there is only so much he can train or LM can teach him....He lacks a power smash, just look at CY or other top players playing him, standing on court anticipating his smash...without much fear. As a lot of fans in BC respect and like LCW for his humble personality, so do I and we hope he can rebound and do well.

20. bad_fanatic

You made a really good point and you got me. But we all know that LD is like a robot who plays with a lot of power and speed. That's why he's where he is today. That's what also seprate him from other top level players. He's just able to produce the same quality of play in him from tournament to tournament.

Maybe you're right about LCW putting to much pressure on himself, but why suddenly now and not last year when he's ranked #1? He's probably having his off month where he can't play at his best.