Opinions on people who use fake racquets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Brydhadayre, May 11, 2006.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    One of characteristics of fake rackets is that, it hurts your wallet before you use it on court. If you paid $50 for it, you have lost your $50 as no one wants to buy your second hand fake. If you paid more, you'd lose more.

2. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    If i was to buy a fake racket and it broke within a few months, I would feel like i should have bought a legit racket, so i ripped myself off!

3. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

Point 1.1 and 1.2, Amen to that, nothing i can add further except it's your own responsibility if you know it's fake and use it.

Point 1.3 you try to say mostly players will play better with legit racket (or maybe i'm wrong). It's the point i wanted to stress out, "it's not the racket (legit or not), but it's the player's individual performance".

Point 2 ok i got your point now, but fake one is not usually light and flex, i found a lot that are heavier than the original, or even they are different weight among fake rackets.

Maybe I missed your point or something, but my whole point is fake or real, or legit racket, it's not the racket which determines the outcome, it's up to the individual's ability. If you feel like to buy a fake racket and use it than go ahead, if not, please don't do so. I didn't say neither support nor against the illegal business, as I'm still using the real Carb 21 so far. I just came across with a fake one. I just wanted to try out and i found out it's ok, nothing's wrong with it.

4. DietCokeMan

Ok ok...LazyBuddy...I won't help fake to spread...:D

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I take my own responsibility to NOT use a fake. However, if someone wants to use a fake, s/he should think twice, as s/he should take the responsibility not only for him/herself, but also for OTHERS who are on the court. :cool:

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I did say "LEGIT", but it does NOT have to be the most expensive / top of the line YONEX. A legit racket could be well made rackets, from other reputable companies. Their products are usually significant cheaper than Yonex.

Say, if a Yonex MP99 is $150, you can get a well made non-yonex racket for $100, why not? Never have to metion, many fake sellers charge you even more than that. So, why FAKE yonex? :eek:

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

One additional point. Buying fake racquet using credit card is very risky. These are bad dealer/seller who do not secure their transaction toomuch or even sell your info for another few dollars.
    If you get lucky and get a good "fake" name brand racquet today. The seller might not be there tomorrow to sell you another one because he/she might move on to something else to cheat bigger and faster money.
    Buying "fake" racquet only encourage criminals to hurt more people and the person who buy "fake" is helping them.
    If the money is a factor, do some researches into other options. It helps you learn more about badminton racquets. Also, buy a "real" used (not really used) one can be a good option too. One last thing, newest racquet might not be the best racquet for you. Many palyers here use their beloved racquet over 10 years old and they want to get another same model.

Practice safe badminton! (I can not say S*X on this forum...)

8. DietCokeMan

If they charged more for the fake one than the original, why bother to buy if you know it's already a fake yonex???? :( doesn't make sense to me. Those who bought from fake sellers are those who don't know whether or not the racket is fake. If he/she knows and still buys with higher price than he/she is an idiot...

9. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

okok enough said. dont buy fakes, buy clones.

10. Ginno

Ginno Regular Member

student
    alright guys, chill man. i sense sparks flying around :D

Lazybuddy, i totally agree with you on your point about safety on using the fake rackets, but the thing is, accidents do happens, be it real yonex or fake yonex. But how often do you hear people get hurt while playing badminton?

People buy fake yonex is bcause they are low on cash, and the real yonex are too expensive for them to afford. If you look at some poorer countries like indonesia, thailand and some of the asian countries * no offence to the people here on the forum * :D their currency is so low that they cannot afford the real thing. And they buy it cause they still wanna play out of the love for the game. Of course the 'fake' stuff has to has some quality on it.

When you buy a racket, the first thing you do is to check the balance point of the racket right? Then you check the flex to see if it suits you. I am very sure no one is gonna buy a low quality 'fake' racket.

I have tried quite a few rackets myself, and i own both the genuine and fake yonex racket. And i actually prefer the feel of the 'fake' yonex. You may think that maybe the quality of the racket is not there, but i can assure you that it is not as bad as you think it is, as i have the 'fake' yonex clash with a genuine MP100 and the MP100 broke.

In this case, are you going to say that the MP 100 is not the real thing or defective? :confused:

Well, the point i am trying to drive across is that, no one will buy a poorly made racket.
    No matter what racket you are using, be it fake or real, it is the player's responsibility to check that the racket is in good condition before bringing to the court to use :D

11. DietCokeMan

I'm cool...I am open to any comments or critics. I'm just an ordinary man...;)

And amen to what you said...220 aussie bucks for Armotec 800 Off = around Rp 1.5 million equals my 1 month salary last time in Indo...can't afford to buy one. Not legit Armotec 800 Off for 1/2 of the price tat's i'll reconsider if the quality/performance is the same as (nearly) original.

And one more thing, I didn't say I supported the illegal sellers nor against them. If I feel the racket is right for me then I'll stick with it, legit or not legit (fake or not fake). Once, I broke my Carbonex 8 (legit one 'coz my club was sponsered and used for 2 days only) before and almost hit spectators during the tournament. The head just flew off from the shaft. If let's say it really hit one of the spectators, do I have to be responsible to what happened since it's a purely an accident? How about if I broke the fake one accidentally as well, then is it still my fault?

12. Ginno

Ginno Regular Member

student
    Well, all i can say is that accidents do happens, i remember while watching a major tournament on TV, it was a mixed doubles match i think, one of the player's racket hear just broke for no reason, it broke right at the T-joint and he didn't even know. So, i guess if it happens, it happens :D

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I meant, FAKE YONEX might well cost more than a REAL NON-YONEX (but still good performance) racket. :cool:

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Yes, the chance to get hurt from a racket is low. However, that does not mean it never happens, and if we can further limit the risk, we should. It's like, we can play baseball w/o the gloves, or even catcher's mask. However, do you want to take the risk, because you want to "save $$$"?

2. If accident happens, Yonex (and other reputable company) will take the responsibility, if the accident is because of product defection. But fakes are not, as there's no legit business firm behind it. It's like, you don't want to get into a car accident with a guy, who does not have an proper car insurance.

3. Again, low in cash is NEVER a legit reason for crime. If I claim I am low on cash, is that ok for me to rob a bank? Come on, there are legal alternatives we all know of. If you are low on cash, and really can't afford a Yonex high end racket, why can't you buy from other brands (reputable ones)??? Why you spend $$$ on something you totally don't know of (besides the similar paint)? :cool:

Again, I never said everyone needs to buy the most expensive YONEX models. All I said is, buy REAL rackets, be it YONEX OR NOT, as long as it's from a REPUTABLE manufacture. :cool:

15. other

other Regular Member

Student
  16. Ginno

Ginno Regular Member

student
    dude, as far as i know, there is no warranty on the rackets that we buy, be it yonex or other reputable brands. this has happen to me before. i bought a brand new yonex, it broke and i went back to the shop where i buy and the shop keepers says sorry to hear that and that is about it. the same shop that i always goes to stop selling apacs due to the same reason cause they breaks so easily and they cannot replace the racket. so when you say if accident happens, i am not so sure if yonex and other company will take responsibility :confused: until maybe someone find out from yonex or some reupatable company.:D

dude you missing my point here. nobody will buy something that he/she has never use before, especially fake stuff. But when i say people who buys them can't afford to even get the mid range rackets cause in their country, the price of 1 racket = 1 month salary.
    though you may not like what i am going to say, but some of the 'fake' racket construction is actually not bad. i am not trying to promote fake racket, but all i wanna say is that these rackets give the people an opportunity to play the game cause they love it. sad to say that there are a lot of fake racket in asia. well as for me, i have stated in the previous post, i owned both legit and fake yonex, and i can assure you, the quality of the fake racket is actually not bad. and i have an indonesian friend who has been using his fake yonex for 15 years and nothing is wrong with it.

of course i will not psend money on something i totally dun know of, buy i only buy the fakes after i taken a few swings abit of knocking of the racket here and there. but the MAIN reason i buy it is because i like the feel of the racket. :D

and when i say 'fake' most probably it is made in taiwan :D

17. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    well...
    from wat i check in Spore, there is manufacturer warranty for certain brands.
    meaning if the racket broke during game play n not due to my fault,i can send the racket back to the manufacturer.
    i got tis info from wilson website n am using n6

18. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    you will not get any warranty if you are using fake...i think..maybe some of it still have warranty..lol

Erm..fake racquet...i don't think it gonna harm you ... if you are not that professional...i don't think you can feel the difference..oh well..maybe i am in the wrong.

19. DietCokeMan

I know what you meant totally...but u are the one who's missing my point and from the beginning u r missing my points...
    if he/she knows it's fake and costs more than Legit (if you're happy with this term as you always like to say) and still wants to buy, he/she is still an idiot...that's wat I'm trying to tell u. :mad:

What I meant fake was not just Yonex. Why always if I said it's fake, than it's Yonex...I didn't refer fake to Yonex, I referred Fake to any brands.:(

Yonex or other legit brands doesn't help your skills, not even Lin Dan as you mentioned before (he was already so good that whenever he used a brand new racket, people will think it helped Lin Dan improved his performance). Foodwork and techniques are the main factors, as I was frustated to tell you. Even the moderator (i assumed it's kwun) already posted the thread on how important the footworks and techniques are than the racket itself. And of course I am aware of different brands have different feeling, but that if we have a proper basic training, we can adapt easily.:cool:

20. DietCokeMan

Yea..they always like to say that on their website, but after it happened, you might not be able to change it. The main question is, how do they know that our racket is broken during our game 'coz most of the time rackets broke during the game due to misshit or clashed with other rackets? My friend broke his Fleet racket on the shaft 2 days after he bought it and tried to claim its warranty, but until now he still can't get one and had to buy another one.

Sending to manufacturer cost money, do they cover that one too? I don't think so. If they really covered the cost, then we all should go to that brand.:D

BTW, ijnek, is it good and how much?