Opinions on people who use fake racquets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Brydhadayre, May 11, 2006.

1. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

That's rite nelsonkong...people like me who's not prof won't be able to smash hard enough to break it.
    btw, how many times will we get hit by a racket compared to the shuttles? I got hit more by shuttlecocks than the racket and just happened to my last week i got hit on my cheek and bruised like a small potato on my face :)

2. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    i got the n6 for Singapore dollars 90.
    it's a light racket,3U i think.
    personally,i like it veri much.

do note tat i have check with wilson n they have replied mi that there r colour variation for the rackets in the asian markets.

so the n6 tat we c on the wilson website is yellow n white,but there may b other colour variation.

3. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    well...i nvr tried claiming the warranty.
    but i guess tryin to prove tat the racket was a defect is going to b TOUGH:(

4. DietCokeMan

yea..tat's rite...u won't know till u break the racket...and when u claim, they might say "sorry clashed with other rackets are not part of the warranty"...

5. DietCokeMan

Hah? really? but why last time I got a Yonex racket (Aerotus 110), broke it during a game after I bought it at that day, brought it back to the shop where I bought and was rejected 'coz it's not the product defect. How do you know whether or not the product is not a defect??? Most of the time the racket broke during the game anyway.
    From your example, how do you know whether the guy has a proper car insurance before u hit him???

Of course it's never a legit reason, but does it mean that those who are poor, eager to play, or maybe a very high level player with no cash and only wanted to buy a Yonex high end racket, he/she can't buy ???:mad: Of course after he knows it's fake, 1/2 price than original or even other legit rackets and reasonable good quality not legit racket.
    It's up to individual's choice...not anyone..

If he/she knows already the racket is not legit, costs more and still wanna buy then he/she is an idiot, and the question is back to you, why you wanna spend $$$ that u totally don't know about the product???? will you do that?

6. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    i wun.
    if i know it's a fake,die die i also wun buy.
    i rather settle for some cheaper n not fakie.
    i guess there r ppl who r impulsive buyers n those who dun do their research/homework well b4 buying a particular thing.
    actually,if u visit yonex website,they did mention that there r fakes arond n also pointed out how to tell them apart.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If a player is short on cash, s/he can always settle for a lesser-known brand racket, which usually less expensive. As you mentioned, such player has good skill already, so I don't get the point why s/he has to buy a FAKE (which has no standard to reference to), but not willing to buy a real one (could be a cheaper racket, but with a legit brand). :rolleyes:

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Different region, Yonex warranty works differently. And particular region will NOT cover other region coded racket. For example, Yonex US covers US (might also CD, not sure) coded rackets, but not for SP, TW, CH, etc.

2. Warranty has it's expiration date, counting from it's FIRST date being purchased. If your racket is 2nd handed, or to be a returned product from the shop, the warranty will take a hit.

3. Warranty ONLY covers the manufacture defects, therefore, things like clash, bump or bad string job (or, string over recommended tension) can void the warranty. Trust me, the experts knows. Otherwise, everyone can simply on purpose break the rackets into 50 pieces on the last day of warranty, and claim for an exchange.

4. Not knowing your region, I know cases over here, ppl return the rackets through local dealers, as long as the reason is legit and passed the inspection through Yonex US, they all got replacement.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You don't have to be frustrated to tell me footwork (not food :D ) and proper tech is the key. I've played for 15 yrs (although I am nowhere near pro) and I've been on this forum for 4 yrs, I've seen thousands of posts of footwork and tech, and I agree.

Kwun did metion footwork and tech is more important than racket, but the racket he metioned is REAL racket, not FAKE. Many threads about FAKE being LOCKED, because the policy of BC/BF is "NOT support FAKE".

Besides SAFETY, another big concern about FAKE is "no standard". Even player like Lin Dan, he never switch between different rackets (say, AT700, then MP66, then NS8k, then go for MP100 etc) in between rallies. Because, even a player at that high lvl, you still need to try to minimize the effort of adopting to different rackets. Since FAKE has no standard, the so call MP99 might be totally different from 1 to another. One could be heavy as 2U+, the other could be as light as a 4U- (Yes, I am a stringer, and I see at least 15+ different version of so call "MP99" already, incuding all metal version / Oval shape :cool: ). Imagine you switch in between such a "collection set", how it's NOT going to effect your game? :eek:

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Really? You want to bet? Personally, I have heard a case from a local gym, as a player's racket head broken off during a swing, and almost hit his opponent. Tell me that's not deadly. :mad: Yes, this player is using a poorly made FAKE Yonex racket.

I think such incident is very dangerous, and purly because the player is inresponsible. If I am the manager of the gym, I will surely ban him. :mad:

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Why should the manufacture pay for the player's fault??? Otherwise, we can simply bent the racket into 2 pieces, and get a brand new one everyday. :eek:

12. DietCokeMan

I bought it brand new from the shop and used for 2 days...so what do think? expired already?

That's the problem, most of the cases are the rackets broke during the game. The racket won't break if you don't use it, unless someone sit on it:D. Experts will know? How they know? Will they investigate to determine the cause of it, like bring it to the lab? I don't trust the expert..they can say anything to avoid your warranty, and trust me in this too.

Mine was SP...so should be Asian/Pacific region...I should buy from Yonex US then to get the warranty.;)

13. DietCokeMan

How do you know (or expert knows) that it's the player's fault 'coz most of the times rackets broke during the game? You wouldn't know until you use it. If the racket got defect, surely the racket will break no matter what you do, so it's the player's fault 'coz we swing the defect racket too hard not knowing the defect existed?

LOL...simply just hit it on the floor , don't need to bent it.:D

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It's extremely rare that a racquet will break or self destruct during a game without clashes. The main reason might be a bad string job.

15. DietCokeMan

:DLOL...oh my god...sorry...misstyped the thing:D...hehe...
    4 years on this forum??? wouuu...salute to you..I'm already getting bored with this forum and only had been a member for few days:eek:...

Yes..agree with you, need to get used to it, or just have the same rackets in your collection, don't buy any other types until the factory doens't produce it anymore. Get used it to it during the training and don't switch the rackets during the tournament.
    Fake has no standard? ehmm...can't comment on that since I only had 1 'coz I wanna try it out...
    I don't know Lin Dan switch rackets or not, but many Pro players changed their rackets many times, but of course not during the tournament. They have to change 'coz of sponsorship.

BTW, since you are a stringer, do you know where i can get a cheap stringing machine on the website? Overhere, not just the machine, badminton strings don't even exist.:eek:

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. The warranty started to count after the 1st sale. Is that possible your racket is a returned product? (i.e. take 10 min with the plastic wrap on, then decided to return it?)

2. I am not an expert, and I can't tell how it's broken. However, in US, Yonex states that you need to return the racket with the string on. Guess they can tell at least certain things from that, such as bad string job (i.e. wrong string pattern) or over the recomend tension.

3. Not sure Yonex AUS (if there's 1) will honor SP racket in AUS or not. You need to contact the to find out.

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

String machine are heavy, which means the shipping cost could be significant. Not sure if that's a good idea to shop for a string machine from oversea or not. Maybe ask around, to see any local stringers can point you where to get a string machine? :rolleyes:

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, the experts have their ways to know. Maybe it's some specialized equipment, or observation based on their experience. And that's why I highly recommend reputable companies, as mostly, they try to be honest, and provide the service. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, and there's no business firm ever will never receive any complain. However, a reputable legit firm should have a much better chance to satisfy it's customer, but the customer should be honest to start with (e.g. honest description of the racket breakage).

19. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I look at this issue this way:

A fake racket is different from a clone racket. A clone racket is manufactured by established companies using their own brand names and although they may follow closely the original design and colour scheme, these companies still have their brand names to protect and market, thus this is not illegal unless they did it so close that they get sued under copyright law in terms of design (for exmaple if Yonex ever patent the design, like musle power gormet).

But a fake is not, they made it identical to the original model and sell it as the original! This is illegal in any sense. Their intention is to fool those who think they are getting a real racket at a bargain. Whether they buyer know it is fake or not is irrelevant, the manufacturer's intention is to cheat.

So if a buyer purchase these fake rackets (unintentionally or worse, intentionally), they are indirectly supporting the illegal business practice and sustaining the illegal activities of these rouge manufacturers. They will then continue to engage in the illegal activities.

It is on this principal that in some countries, the law also penalise the buyers of fake products.

Therefore, my person opinion is that I would not agree to any player who intentionally buy and use a fake racket.

If the reason of buying a fake is the price, then I would rather urge them buying a clone or a low-end genuine racket that is within his/her budget.

20. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

You must be an exceptionally fast reader(!)