Premier Badminton League (PBL) - India 2016

Discussion in '2016 Tournaments' started by krishan123456, Dec 3, 2015.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah!! It was a hell of a match. In the beginning the lightening smashes looked as if the Ind are the favs..although we all knew the result the youngsters did well to take g2 off the way more experience Mal and saving few MPs in the end.. Their anxiousness to kill the birdie every now and then along with Nandagopal's inconsistency at the back court proved costly

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    And Thanks to LCW and PK Hyderabad lost!!
    Supanida, Jwala and Satwik shined brightly though.. And yes, Markis Kido is fun to watch

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

#103 Nine Tailed Fox, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  4. sanyyz

sanyyz Regular Member

Engineer
    Cai Yun is using YY and Kashyap Li Ning? wonder which models....

5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=119473]Airos[/MENTION] Pradnya Gadre was injured 3 months ago. No updates on her progress.

India's No.1 MD-U19 Doubles Champions Chirag Shetty/MR Arjun ignored for the league.
    Chirag Shetty/ Satwik Rankireddy teamed up for the Cochin Senior Nationals and won the MD title. Tan Kim Her wants them to play together. It is not clear when they will start training together and when they will team up again. They are currently among the most exciting MD talents in India. Chirag Shetty is a trainee of Uday Pawar and is 18 years old. They could form a lethal combination. They play with passion and enthusiasm. :)

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/badminton/Practice-with-Mathias-Boe-helped-me-win-title-says-Chirag/articleshow/50302750.cms

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/badminton/Lee-Chong-Wei-would-be-tough-to-beat-at-Rio-Olympics-Pullela-Gopichand/articleshow/50487053.cms

Lee Chong Wei would be tough to beat at Rio Olympics: Pullela Gopichand

"He has been an amazing sportsperson. He has highest quality fitness, concentration and a great ambassador of the sports. It's unfortunate whatever happened to him but that created a window, wherein a few other players benefitted. He has always been strong. He had his problems against a few top players in the world (from China) but other than that, he has ruled the world badminton in the last few years," Gopichand said.

"He will be someone who will be really difficult to beat because of his pure speed and sting in his strokes that makes him very very effective."

"Lin Dan is the big match player and Lee Chong Wei has always tripped at the last hurdle. So I think they have the experience and grit on their side and Lee has the desire to win the big match. All three make it difficult for other players. Both Cheng Long and Lin Dan are the players to beat and they are not going to give it easy to him.

"Conditions and preparations make a lot of difference. I think a fully fit and focused Lee is a handful to everybody. It is not going to be easy unless you are prepared to beat him because he has got that consistency where you really need to break him."

"I think it was a great match. Srikanth was fired up and aggressive but I think it is important that he has to be consistent. In the life of a sports person, I think a win is not the end of it or a loss is the end of it. So I think he just needs to get this head down and fight," Gopichand said.

"I think the pressure here is far more because of the format, as there are a lot of people who are passionate, the coach, the owners and the money which is paid. So it makes it a lot of pressure and it is helpful to players," he added.

"I think it is a little premature to talk about Olympics at this point because the Olympic qualification is still on. There are quite a few big events and each player will go about preparing for those in a way as if that is the Olympics. Whether it is India Super Series, Asian Championship, All England. So they will really go after these tournaments.

The Chinese women players lost their dominance in world badminton in the last one year as Spain's Carolina Marin and India's Saina Nehwal achieved the World No. 1 and 2. Gopichand said the Chinese will find it difficult to regain that dominance as many players with varied styles have become more stronger.

"Whatever the Chinese have done have not worked and a lot of players have figured them out. So they have not been able to get a comprehensive strategy for everybody. Earlier, they used to win on fitness but now others have also become fitter and stronger.

"It won't be easy to crack them because they are very diverse, one is from Japan, one from India, one from Spain so there are different styles. So they will find it difficult," he said.

Asked if players are finding it difficult to match Carolina Marin's speed, Gopichand said:

"It is not difficult to match. I think when a player is winning, it feels like it is difficult to match. I think adaptability is the key. Our players also have the speed and it is about how they negate the speed. She for the moment seems good but we have also seen that she can be vulnerable," Gopi signed off.

7. Airos

Airos Regular Member

[MENTION=119443]badmuse[/MENTION]
    thanks for the info.
    Boe is legend.

ya that was nice to see.

8. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Today gonna be Tommy vs Srikanth?
    Can't wait.

BTW, Srikanth's elder brother made the fastest smash of the tournament so far.

9. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Possible. Atleast this is a field where Indians are unambiguously better than Chinese. But I can't say about English, and Malaysians.

10. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Man! This is a unique problem. Criticism doesn't mean love or hate. Rather, I only criticize people, events, or stuff that I genuinely care about.

Anyways, a fact for you: I have never in my life watched a CBSL match, or of any other league.

On the other hand, I have followed every single match this PBL. While I watched very few matches complete, I was following all via mobile, and watched highlights. Each and every single tie. And I generally liked it.

What I am really talking is a case of logic.

China is a bigger and richer country than India, with at the very least equal following of Badminton to India. I would find it very surprising if their prize moneys weren't competitive. Of course I accepted, that compared to Chinese, Indians are generally good at the "soft" side of things, like advertising, promotion, and branding.

11. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    I must say the best investments so far have been Vladimir Ivanov, Bodin Issara, and Suo Di.

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Tommy is most probably very tired after yesterday.. They fielded Rajiv O. Against KS... And guess what KS thrashed him G1 let's see what happens in g2

13. Baddyforall

We are here for enjoying badminton. Why should we need to impinge on negativity which is not necessary.

Instead of spreading negativity or discussing about the rich or poor country etc, shall we enjoy the matches here.

14. Baddyforall

Srikanth lost to Rajiv in 3 games. Is this one a trump match ?

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    C'mon bro there was nothing wrong in his post.. (Atleast this one) the previous one had some mixed signs agreed!! But his question as well as his "facts" aren't something to object!!

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Ohh noo man KS seems to drift back again!!
    In the beginning of this league it surely looked as if he can get back to his winning ways!!
    But his def against Tanongsak and today against Rajiv.. I mean just look at it both the formerly named players have lost to not KS's Jr's in the same tourney

17. Airos

Airos Regular Member

No it wasn't trump.
    They placed their trump on Suo Di. Wisely, I must say.

ya, Srikanth hasn't quite matured yet.
    Too many unforced errors, too impatient, mentally fragile.

On the other hand I loved the way Ajay played.
    Very balanced and effective, using his height advantage and patient.
    Best on current form Ajay is the best player in India right now.

18. Baddyforall

i am not saying he is wrong. I am just saying why cant we focus on matches instead.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I agree, but the counter posts have a sense of clashing ideas if not battle.. I am just saying he has the rights to criticize or play the role of a critic... The only thing which should've been better expressed is the post#1 that was a lil ubrubly written thats it.. Let's end this here itself..
    I am excited for tomorrow..
    Hyderabad will have home support against the now looking good Awadhe.
    Cai Yun, Jwala, Kido, Boddin and BSP looking good
    + if LCW and PK get back on the track.. It'll be hell of baddy night

20. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Do you guys think that PBL will be a regular yearly event? I do think so. So far everybody seem to be happy and enjoying. BAI president himself is present in most of the matches and is taking active interest. Decent promotion too. Akshay Kumar is part of the promotion more cause his movie is about to be released. I believe Amir Khan (before the mess he created) and Dipika Padukone would have been ideal ambassadors as both play good badminton.

P.S. - There should be one more auction in the middle of the tournament and teams should rope in more players just to spice up things. - just my wild imagination....