PREVIEW: Jpsee rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Apr 24, 2009.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hi,

I haven't used Oliver rackets before so i cannot comment. nor have it used woven 16. the 99000 isn't a woven racket. the pattern is painted on the frame instead of real.

forget about the 99000.

i was given a Jpsee 99931 a couple months back. the 99931 surpases the previous Jpsee models that i tried. in fact, it is a very good racket. so good that i instantly fell in love with it. i am writing review on it but haven't got round to finishing it yet.

the 99931 has a very lively response. the matching of the racket to material was quite good. it is still a light racket with a silghtly head heavy feel, so it is very very fast. however, the strange part is that if used correctly, there is little sacrifice in power. in fact, the omph that the 99931 give out is very good. it hits with a very loud bang and the shuttle just go off like crazy.

basically, it is a medium light, lively racket with good feel and touch, and also don't sacrifce on the power. if that's what you prefer, then you will likely be happy with it.

in terms of material, according to Mrs. Lo @ Rose, it uses Japanese fiber (35 i think) and the shaft says it has woven technology.

if you go to Rose, i'd recommend it. Mrs. Lo told me that they have an improved version as well but i haven't gotten my hand on it yet. i told her it will be perfect if it is slightly heavier to make it more solid on the smashes.

the 99931 now permanently shares the same bag with my other rackets, ARC10, cab22, ARC9, cab20. very few 2-tier brand rackets have had that honor. haha. ;)

2. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Thanks very much, looks can be deceiving huh:)? I was looking at the pattern and superimpose it on a much bigger screen and I can't seem to detect whether it was a weave or a paintjob:eek:. ...well, we'll wait for the 99931's review:cool:. How are the guys at JPSEE doing with regards to NAMING CONVENTION:confused:?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there is none. in fact, the 99931 is called "Jpsee Power Energy Speed 99931", which to me sounds well, not so good. i told Mrs. Lo and she says they will revise on their naming. they need creative and catchy name like Armortec, Nanospeed, etc.

4. RSLvictorSOTX

...coming up is the review on zip code 99931, right:)? Cheers.

5. RSLvictorSOTX

Seems that JPSEE 99931 has jut died out;)? Pretty sure you got more pressing issues than to review JPSEE 99931. Btw, I also saw JEREE rackets and was wondering if this is made by the same company:confused:? Or it's Kinda like Kimony/Kimoni:)?

6. Dorythefish

Dorythefish Regular Member

Student
    i hear jpsee i used by a lot of asians from the store that sells it in hong kong. they say its famous there.

7. Dorythefish

Student
  8. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    my friend has the powertec 90000, its a pretty good balanced racquet for intermediate and advanced, can generally produce a lot of power along with precision.

9. Dorythefish

Student
    The Jpsee Power Energy Speed 911 is pretty good but in my opinion the head's too heavy for my liking.

10. RSLvictorSOTX

What happened to JPSEE or gypsy rackets? Last time I heard is that they got 5-digit numbers for their respective models, are they still in production?

Obviously, the boss isn't providing much update so far...or did I miss it:)?

11. Dorythefish

Student
    Don't know but i like the durability better than the yonex ones i decided to try out my new ns 9900 and i accidently dropped it on the ground (because i wasn't gripping it tight enough) and it was an immediate scratch to the paint, could see the metal it was a small scratch but common !! my jypsee racket where i ve been playing with it more often has taken more damage than that and no scratches where you can see the paint and the fall wasn't even that hard.......:crying::crying::crying::crying:DARN IT!!

12. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

and the powertec 99000 looks like ashaway's ribtec... lolz

13. Archer009

Archer009 Regular Member

sweet racket, pretty good color

14. RSLvictorSOTX

Which racquet can the Jpsee be compared to the closest, quality-wise? How much are those? Priced like Lining or Yonex? Or Sotx and Victor?