Simon Santoso - calm, cool and collected

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by chilli, May 15, 2009.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Also to be fair with Simon, Chen Jin, almost same age with Simon has not performed well//it is true that CJ got AE and we all knew why....but when CJ went to tournament by himself, he has not performed well either...at least Simon went to SO by himself and got to final....I just do not think it is right to thrash him just like that...even PG refused to step down..( we all know that he had passed his prime time)

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Finding a talent like TH/LD or Susi is not easy...look at China...is there anyone to replace LD in future? so far CHN got Chen Long ( yes...he is onlye one that can replace LD in future)...but he is close to 20 already....you cant compare him with LD.( when he was 17)..if you do then CL will be same as other...it is tough to get 16 or 17 yrs' player to be like TH..

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, true......its like 1 in every 50 years in INA,.....and 1 in every 25 years in Chn..............and 1 in every 75 years in MAS........:D:D:D....:eek::eek:

4. blackbhara92

blackbhara92 Regular Member

student
    i will say that's a lot of hiperbole , the population in china is the most, so it's kinda easy to find another LD,

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I expect Lee Chong Wei and other players not to be so 'humble' when play against him and that he's not extraordinary, not unbeatable. Be known that that's the way i'd like to enjoy the games. Fighting spirit.
    One like Lin Dan is rare. You may not find him anywhere, anytime. Population of China? Oh yeah, they had Chen Long. Good luck~. 'kinda easy' is not the word, i guess.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

...well, i don't really consider whether the person is a fan of certain player or country by his/her screen/user-name. Instead, what i notice is the person's interest in a particular player or country. *There's another member named kemana, who is not Indonesian but from China, but is a big fan of Taufik.:cool:
    Although i notice other members, who are not of Indonesian origin, have some keen interest in Indonesian players.
    - INA/PBSI don't have to find another Taufik or LCW or Rudy (not you, of course;)) or Haryanto Arbi...There's no doubt abt the fact that it's a challenge to find new talents in INA nowadays..
    - As for Simon, as i've mentioned before, I'd love to be proven totally wrong, but I think Simon has reached his peak, more or less. I can see it from his performance and results. If he reaches his peak after LD, LCW officially retire, then it's of no comparison. For one, TH, LD & LCW had achieved better results when they were Simon's age and Simon is nearing 25 years young.
    - Sure, the CHN players mentioned haven't been let go, but do you honestly think they will reach the same achievements as LD has?? Maybe after LD retires...BCL??

#46 ctjcad, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009