Slow motion technique videos

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Cheung, Dec 2, 2015.

1. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Interesting question/observation. I'd guess this is one-off. Haven't heard any coach brought this up (nor read it here in BF), so probably not the key point. Other topics brought up for net shots, are loose grip (thumb/index fingers), use the finger but not forearm, movement direction w.r.t. shuttle's direction, player's forward momentum.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    i have had one coach mention this to me whilst we were practicing. The coach had played at international level in the past (singles). I can't remember if my original singles coach mentioned this.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

#23 visor, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I swear the Settings toggle on my Youtube never had a speed option before. Tonight, just before typing this, I check and sure enough there is Speed! :eek:
    Instead of believing that I've been crazy all these years, it's more comforting to believe that amleto has waved a magic wand and suddenly brought this functionality to my region. Thanks, dude! :)

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I ain't gonna argue! You're welcome :) My fee is a dozen virgins and four score tk9900 plus one z-speed.

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Please can you re-word/expand upon this - I know the words but I don't understand! Thanks

7. visor

visor Regular Member

8. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    [MENTION=31680]amleto[/MENTION].
    Racket movement direction w.r.t. shuttle's direction - recall spinning net shots could be played in two ways when played around one or the other front corner - racket moves inside-out, or outside-in. E.g. if your opponent plays a X-court drop shot, you'd play an inside-out spin. See this video (first 2 minutes):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcMoILDjKo

Player's forward momentum refers to the fact you don't need to add any power by using forearm (or wrist) to play a net shot. You usually move forward to play it. This forward movement would carry your racket forward, and such a momentum is sufficient to "push" the shuttle forward, contributing to tighter net shot. This is especially if you could get the shot high and close to net top.

Visor just found us a version of this video that has English sub-title:
    https://youtu.be/kwPTMLIBbTY

Have a look at 12:03 when Cai Yun explains the second point about use of momentum to play net shots.

#28 raymond, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015