TEAMS ‘GOING GOLD’ - SUDIRMAN CUP 2017

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by cxytdn, Feb 3, 2017.

1. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Aren't you a spoiled brat, my friend? You still need me to feed you? Everything's there just click the link and hit google translate.
    It's hard to type on a tiny cellphone.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Nobody dare force my friend Gelpsian to write full name on that tiny tapatalk. Enough said. Gelpsian's motivation is his self interest..he ain't having a deal with UN.

But if BWF gives gelpsian 50k a week for posting on their official forum, it's a different matter altogether. I won't go deep into Gelpsian's contract detalis which he desires.

gelopisan likes this.
  3. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

A link with summary. What else do you expect?
    Kindly crosscheck when typing my name

4. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    An interesting bunch for CHN. Lu Kai and Zheng Siwei to play XD, would guess no ZN there. But will they be relying on Fu Haifeng and Zhang Nan in the knockout stages, now that there is more pressure on the men's events? Or will they try to ride Li and Liu?

Glad to see that the twins are not going, at least...

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    TJH not fit? so are they really going with CQC/JYF?? They'll get smacked by MM/AT or even CP/KRJ and CYN/LSH for that matter.
    I mean yes BYX is there but who'll she play with?

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    So is that your real name??
    BTW "[emoji 4]" "[emoji 16]" :D i didn't know we had 16 of 'em here?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I mean not 100% match fit coming back from injury. If she plays, she'd probably still pair up with Bao Yixin, I think.

8. event

event Regular Member

Bao Yixin has already been announced as reuniting with Tang for the Indonesia Open. If the coaches didn't have confidence in Chen/Jia and Tang is not match fit, who would they choose against a team like Japan?

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Source : http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2017-05-08/doc-ifyeycfp9371730.shtml

附国羽苏迪曼杯名单:

单打:谌龙、林丹、石宇奇、何冰娇、孙瑜、陈雨菲

双打:傅海峰、张楠、刘雨辰、李俊慧、鲁恺、郑思维、汤金华、黄雅琼、陈清晨、贾一凡、黄东萍、李茵晖、包宜鑫

CHINA Sudirman squad :

Singles Players : Chen Long, Lin Dan, Shi Yuqi, He Bingjiao, Sun Yu, Chen Yufei
    Doubles Players : Fu Haifeng, Zhang Nan, Liu Yuchen, Li Junhui, Lu Kai, Zheng Siwei, Tang Jinhua, Huang Yaqiong, Chen Qingchen, Jia Yifan, Huang Dongping, Li Yinhui, Bao Yixin

10. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

They're breaking up TJH and HYQ? Wow.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Baddyforall likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

No need to be spoiled brat. Haven't you aware of giving full names for players will maximise the number of readers of your post? . Nobody will dare to read it unless they know them. So, please have a look at some of the thread where some of our old moderators have advices to write the full names

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

13. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

You're right. Its harder to understand with the abbr. I don't fancy them either, but I was only writing a summary provided with a link which have their full names written.

14. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

First time I wrote players names with abbreviations and got faulted.
    No more from me. Period.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's Zhang Jun's headache. I reckon the only reason for choosing Bao Yixin/Tang Jinhua is they are relatively more mature, experienced and have been a successful pair once upon a time until they unexpectedly lost an important big match in the Uber Cup (2014?).

Both JPN and KOR WD have definite advantages over CHN WD, not to mention a couple others who can pose a threat, eg DEN, THA, or even MAS.

16. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Full names will certainly work much better. However, for a "breaking news" item, it is understandable that abbreviations are used. It is fair to assume that people who are so interested in the latest development should be able to decipher the abbreviations. Full names will eventually be available for general interest.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Correct, at least use full initials as gelopisan did who also posted the link. For example, Shi Yuqi is SYQ and not just SY which can stand for Sun Yu, or LXR for Li Xuerui and not LX which can stand for Liu Xin.

Having to write full names all the time is a hassle. Most of the time, I 'd start by using full name once, then in the same post or following posts use say Shi YQ and later simply SYQ where it should be clear from the context who I'm referring to, esp when we're commenting on a live match. If the initials of two players happen to be the same, then differentiate them by using the full surname for Chinese or Asian players, eg Shi YQ.

18. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

it seems like korea aren't aiming to win, they've removed their 3 (was kim jae hwan originally listed?) strongest MD's players + shin seung chan..

their women's team is a lot stronger than the men's team

not surprising as the head coach said they're not focused/expecting to win anything and instead focusing on rebuilding but still. glad i didn't buy tickets now..

#138 jma97, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

It wasnt the Uber Cup defeat that break the Bao/Tang partnership because big match as it is, it wasnt unpredictable to lose to misaki/ayaka and china ended up winning the uber cup 2014 anyway.

It's the second round defeat, or i should say that is like 1st Round defeat in the WorldChampionship as the number 1 seed against the indonesian pair that led to their demise.

Its good to see them back though and they are still young, they shouldnt be faulted too just because losing super early in WC anything can happen. Certainly they are better than Chen/Jia (power wise)

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

KOR is quite a balanced team and is one of the top contenders, I wonder why the head coach said that. Rebuilding the KOR national team should be an ongoing process, I don't see why fielding the best team for the Sudirman Cup is at odds with it. Perhaps he believes the new and younger doubles players selected are good enough to be given a chance to prove themselves at a team major.