The Adventures of Markis Kido

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by huangkwokhau, Feb 6, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i guess it takes time for hendra to find his new partner though:(
    i have no idea who can partner him some more.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I can't see anyone offering both Bona and Pia more money than what PBSI is offering them right now. Even Pia admitted that she did not have any back up plan :eek:

So, Kido is really risking both his reputation and his career here by sticking out with his siblings. Remember, his condition for returning to Pelatnas is that PBSI must give his siblings better offers (which I don't think is realistic and will be met). Also, I don't see any sponsor giving Kido himself a better contract than PBSI's current offer (which is a very very substantial sum of money!), esp if he has to find a new partner (such as Bona in MD or Pia in XD).

IMHO, the siblings are in a lose-lose situation and they have made a very BIG and SERIOUS mistake this time round, in particular Markis Kido!

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

Plus..players have a better contract than last year..Now I heard One of telecomunication can be part of PBSI's sponsor ( may on their sleeves) and players will get a piece of it too....

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Cipayung is name of National team's location like Bukit Jalil

5. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    yeap yeap...both bona and pia still have to prove themselves to everyone that they are worth the money...best result so far for bona is only japan ss final, he hasnt got any titles to bargain with...kido on the other hand, is in over his head, honestly, why do this??we all know that the only way he can compete against world's best pairs is through PBSI...i think he's being a little selfish here, he doesnt consider the hard work sigit pamungkas and hendra had committed to...seriously INA badminton is a wreck right now... :(

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Even Sigit showed his dissapointment toward Kido...big news in Indonesia now..even Metro TV covered it...if they find the truth why Kido quits...

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    After this storm, we will see the dawn of a new era in INA badminton revival!

I have confirmed reports from several sources that Hendra now refuse to be partnered with Kido even if Kido returns to the National Team. He has other options in mind... we shall learn the development later...

Exiting the National Team without a solid back-up plan is just plain RECKLESS! I hope Pia and Bona are reading this! Apologize to your National Team management now!!! :mad: Enter the National Team without any further nonsense! The consequence of competing outside the National Team without a Djarum club or extremely wealthy parents or something to back you up is disastrous! In the first months, you can use subsidized funding from Kido's saving, but in the next coming months, that will also dry up... emptying Kido's retirement funds in the process...

Kido.... ouch dude... :eek: you've screwed up big time now... Hendra will not take you back now... You DID NOT even discuss your plan to leave with him. You're on your own in the outside world and you've pretty much burned your own bridge to return back to the National Team... :rolleyes: Partner with Candra Wijaya or Joko Riadi or something... :eek:

This current storm is actually one of the good things that will start the INA-phoenix to rise from its ashes... :cool::cool::cool: In the long run, PBSI management's strong-STRONG stance towards the players will produce good things for INA badminton. :cool::cool::cool: History have shown that in order for a good cause to take-off, some internal havoc has to be experienced first... Once the dust settles and all negative barriers to improvementshave been removed, only then can the true positive spirit of INA badminton can arise...

Once we have rebuilt our soul and spirit, we will wreak havoc (all within the rules, of course) in the world competition scene once more and even more powerful than before! INA has the tradition, the coaching ability, the knowledge, the pride, the large population size and potential talent pool (still untapped) etc. to once again regain our glittering badminton brilliance! :cool: To me, it is clear we are seeing the dawn of a new era in INA Badminton revival!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I can feel so much positive spirit right now... I have not felt this much INA Badminton Qi since the 1990s [the decade we won tons of Thomas Cups and 2 Uber Cups... :D :D :D

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

wow...hendra setiawan voiced out???this lead to more chaos?or what?
    sigh...hope this is really a good starting point for ina badminton..

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It is good that Krisna confirmed it too.....thats right..The quiet Hendra voiced it out...he felt that Kido did not show LOVE to him....Hendra is hurt :D ( gosh! sound like Ang Lee's movie....:D:D)

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Looks like Krisna is writing his Editorial section.....:D:D

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree with your points, Chris... ;)

And Hendra's potential sluggers are: Flandy Limpele, Candra Wijaya and Rendra Wijaya... But since Flandy and Candra are kinda old, Hendra better stick with a youngster like Rendra... :D

12. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I wonder if there's a 3rd party that planted the seed on Kido's family, inflate their ego and thought of self-worth that lead to this reckless decision? God knows there's plenty of ppl that would take advantage of others, and Markis's reputation and accomplishment makes him easy target.

Throroughly surprised by Hendra's decision... though its good to see him voice his opinion and stand up for himself. :)

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it was posted to me in BF before that INA has plenty of kido-like players waiting in the wing. I think smarter player like setiawan is harder to come by.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it would be smarter if kido had sign good money with pbsi, then take some his share and give it to his siblings. Plus, chances of winning title prizes with hendra is way way higher than now pairing with a different partner. If it is about money, this option would be alot safer and rewarding, everyone would be happy. Now, everyone loses.

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Yes..indeed..PBSI offered him and Hendra a good size of money, put it this way..at least US$ 60000..bonuses are not included yet....plus new deal like sponsorships on sleeves /Trouser are in waiting....emotional over reality..;)

16. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Sad to hear one of my favourite MD pair is splitting up. I was kinda hoping it's just one of those negotiation tactics or Hold-Out thingy. Since Hendra has voiced out, I guess there is no turning back for Markis anymore. All the best to him. Wonder why the siblings not stopping Markis from further ruining his career. They should know better then anyone else of Markis character. :(

As for Hendra, maybe he should consider playing XD. If he can win AE, WC and OG Gold, he will be able match the achievements of the great Koreans. Any chance of seeing this happen, guys?

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Actually Kido used to express to play XD with Natsir once Nova retires...
    I think he will stick to MD....I do not see Hendra will play XD for now since in XD dept, we have 5 pairs....especially with the split, They will make sure Hendra concentrate with new partner....sad thing is recently Sigit added extra 2 hours each day to train them for AE...thats why I hope that they can participate on last tournament as a good bye...

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

maybe kido will partner someone who is not from his country..hmm, who knows?;)

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Hauge, cant they send a substitute for MK if the draw isnt out yet? Hendra partner sbody else? Hendra S's WR is high enough, with the notional ranking, he & new partner should be able to play.
    It's been done before by other countries, as you know.

#99 eaglehelang, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    BWF said once the entry is done ( BWF just enforced the rule) , no switching partner is allowed...unless it is not due yet....so either Kido/Hendra goes a pair or not at all to AE/Swiss.....