THE ULTIMATE BADMINTON LESSONS PLAYLIST - For beginners and experts alike

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by jchang, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jchang

jchang New Member

Student
    Hi fellow badminton fans,

I created a badminton curriculum by meticulously compiling YouTube videos into a playlist to help you efficiently reach new heights as a badminton player. The videos are YouTube lessons/guides that I sorted in (what I believe to be) a logical order: most important skills first, increasing in difficulty.

I hope you find this useful.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...V1UXuN6w94gDsBlH6TDn26ZIwdF4AE4rNu_nLxgTG9VJk

*Disclaimer: There are many duplicate videos about the same topic (but from different teachers/channels). Badminton is a very unpredictable sport and I would recommend comparing the techniques of different players to determine which form fits you best.

*I appreciate feedback to help me fine-tune the playlist.

========================

Playlist (Categorized):

(1) Strokes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFV7c4tWHbUpvXdmmRvwVwv33gAroJ2Nt

(2) Footwork: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFV7c4tWHbUpw_zu3qZwoJAhWo2Lp5xVp

(3) Strategy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFV7c4tWHbUpu0R8nk-8IgSB13wAHXilv

(4) Advanced Strokes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFV7c4tWHbUrk8bII6qEAt1ndfaHQ-VqW

- J.C.

#1 jchang, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    macrotrader and DarkHiatus like this.
  2. jchang

jchang New Member

Student
    *Edit: Some personal tips that I don't think were mentioned in the tutorial videos:

To reduce the risk of injury:

Footwork
    - When lunging, land with your heel and point your toes toward the direction you're moving toward, or you could destroy your ankles. Also, keep your torso straight/upright, otherwise you could lean into your lunge and either lose balance or injure your knees. Also, keep your feet apart and take large steps to maintain balance and to reduce the risk of knee injury.

- Moving back to center/ready position is as important as moving up to the shuttlecock. Don't get lazy after you've hit the shuttle.

Swings
    - Stay relaxed throughout every sort of swing (other than right before impact with the shuttle); for example, if you're tense during a smash, the forces of your swing translate up your arm and you could tear your rotator cuff (shoulder) muscles/tendons.

- Keep your racket up at (nearly) all times.

#2 jchang, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    zoltan likes this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Title edited to reflect accuracy

Mod

4. vijji.offline

vijji.offline New Member

Very helpful videos for beginners and kids. Request to make fitness related compilation (badminton specific)as well, as there are many videos scattered across. Tq

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I tried to add some points I felt missing in other videos. There's more videos you might like on my channel (tried to make a little more modern version of the Rasmussen Drill, for example) and after a loong time off, I'm starting to enjoy making videos again, so I hope I can keep that through 2021. Every feedback is always very welcome in this thread. Thinking about how to approach a more throughout footwork pattern series, trying to encourage people to go from following strict pattern to working individually, but not sure how to do that and it either has to be dryer weather or halls have to reopen, before I can record anything anyway. Let me know if you want me to be another channel with more technique videos.

I can also recommend to have a look at Tobias Wadenka's channel, which carries his name, I don't think I saw him in your playlists.

I've been asked to make tactic videos as well, but I feel like a video is not the best platform for that, so I tried that as part of something I tried on Instagram leading up to christmas as a Tactic Tuesday series. That way, everybody can take the time (s)he needs to read and think about everything, go back and forth more easily, and while it was popular regarding likes (IG favors videos), I do like this format and I'll stick with it for now. Instagram also is a nice platform for sub 30 second videos for quick exercises, I have some more ideas where to go with that. Here is today's TacticTuesday (just follow the hashtag if you don't want to follow me).

It's not the first post of a series, but a good point to start understanding doubles nevertheless.
    There'll be a Q&A in two weeks, so feel free to comment any of my posts with your questions on doubles tactics, especially the past posts.